Revolution Brewing (Chicago) Pablo Picasso

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prpromin

Reaction score
Hey,
Over the weekend I visited Revolution Brewing in Chicago and had a Pablo Picasso, which the website describes as:

Dark belgian ale aged in Cabernet barrels for over a year with Piedt Farms sour cherries.

Amazing flavor. It has a kind of sharp, almost brandy-like flavor mixed with a more traditional belgian flavor. It was lightly carbed and looked more like a dark red wine.

Thinking about pulling a recipe for a dark belgian and aging it in Brandy soaked oak cubes for a few months. That way, I don't need to mess with the cherries and such.

Anyone sample this beer? Thoughts on a recipe?

Thanks!

Can't help you with the recipe, but Revolution is awesome. I've go there all the time. They just recently started to get a distribution going. My girlfriends father is actually one of the investors to try and get them to distribute to stores. Because he's an investor, they get 1/2 off their bill whenever they go there, so her brother and I end up goin there a lot haha. Beer is great tho. I haven't tried the one you're talking about tho.

Back