Replying to posts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone *PLEASE* convert this to an extract recipe? ANYONE? What was the recipe anyway? Page 1 is too far back to read...

I just skimmed for key words as usual. Yes, dill pickle juice and cheese are fine for weddings. Go light on the India in mixed company.

RDWHAHB?

And darnit, My roomate just broke another one of my hydrometers. He was trying to get the hampster out.

Is that what they are calling people from Hampton, now? I can't keep up with this PC stuff.

Someone should really start a broken hydrometer thread. I can't be bothered with it right now, though. I'm far too busy for that kind of thing.

She must be British. Take Pippa for example. She's too hot for naughty. But then again, she's a frigid heir.

Wait are we talking about ESB's? I thought we were talking about the IPA fad. Too busy to add anything now. I'm done here.

(but will continue to post over and over and over again)

I'm going to make sausage gravy with snap peas and serve it on macarena for supper.

Wow, this thread has veered WAY of course. :off:

Back on topic: OP, you should really get that checked out by a doctor. A homebrewing forum is not the best place to ask about venereal diseases, in spite of the rumors you may have heard.

Wow, this thread has veered WAY of course. :off:

Back on topic: OP, you should really get that checked out by a doctor. A homebrewing forum is not the best place to ask about venereal diseases, in spite of the rumors you may have heard.

don't blame my mom, it's an occupational hazard.

New rule. Yes, it's now a rule! :rockin:

A post MUST be read before replying to it. The post being responded to must be READ from first word to last. A reply to any posting will only be posted aFtEr reading each sentence of the post being replied to, and each sentence is to be read with ThOuGhT. Posting a reply after reading only part of the post being replied to, or missing key words, key phrases or sentences in the post being replied to will no longer be tolerated.

Geesh. ...Twice today already. :smack:

Cool. Also, must quote correctly. Ben Franklin said wine (not beer), and mentions vineyards, not hop fields, in his writings. Some of us are just as annoyed by misquoting, as others are by random and short sighted questions and comments.

We all come to this forum for a reason - some to learn - some to brag - some to steal recipes - and some for curiosity....just because someone doesn't read the whole post or thread or post, shouldn't mean they can't comment. Whoever says this is off they're meds....

Cheers,
AlfA01

Cool. Also, must quote correctly. Ben Franklin said wine (not beer), and mentions vineyards, not hop fields, in his writings. Some of us are just as annoyed by misquoting, as others are by random and short sighted questions and comments.

We all come to this forum for a reason - some to learn - some to brag - some to steal recipes - and some for curiosity....just because someone doesn't read the whole post or thread or post, shouldn't mean they can't comment. Whoever says this is off they're meds....

Cheers,
AlfA01
I have no idea what you're going on about. I"m off my meds...
This thread is great. I like rules

we might be mortal enemies. Enemy Mine. mine. this beer is mine. 2 more beers! I don't know you two so quit following me.

New rule! Every new thread must casually work in the phrase "like a virgin" in the first post or the thread must be either A) shunned entirely or B) mercilessly filled with posts unrelated to the first post (which should be easy, because who reads the OP anyway, amiright?)

Thoughts?

New rule! Every new thread must casually work in the phrase "like a virgin" in the first post or the thread must be either A) shunned entirely or B) mercilessly filled with posts unrelated to the first post (which should be easy, because who reads the OP anyway, amiright?)

Thoughts?
I read this entire post, contrary to my better senses. I like the way you think. I will subscribe to your newsletter. and I back your idea. I'm also willing to say that every 10th post there after should contain a MST3K reference.

If you want to reduce the reduction of wort from the addition of hops, just harvest all the lupulin glands, and add them without using the actual hops at all. This will also eliminate that vegetable taste from your home brews.

I'm gonna drop this here before the mods close this thread...

Fvgzm.gif

Milk was a bad choice.

I didn't read your whole post because it was loooooooonnnngggg. but Belgium yeast is a bad choice for milk stouts. try White Labs Super High Gravity instead with a 4 gallon starter and pitch at 78F. that will make the milk flavor stand out. also switch to heavy whipping cream. about 3 gallons of it should be in your starter and 3 gallons in your wort. add it at flame out so you don't drive off the super delicate flavors & aromas. I also add about 5 pounds white table sugar to boost the ABV because that's how different & hardcore I am. that's the way I make my 6.5 gallon batches and never had a problem for 80 years. and you should make it 6.5 gallons at a time so you don't have any head space. yeast hate head space and blow off tubes.

don't blame my mom, it's an occupational hazard.

My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

There is nothing quite so painful as chestnut burs. But, when roasted at 325° in high humidity, you can make a "tea" from them to add to the secondary on Steam Beers with canteloupe and habanero peppers, but when you do that the original recipe is terrible (no offense OP but what were you thinking?) and I got dinged for being out of style and badly hopped when I submitted it via UPS to 37 county fairs.

I didn't read your whole post because it was loooooooonnnngggg. but Belgium yeast is a bad choice for milk stouts. try White Labs Super High Gravity instead with a 4 gallon starter and pitch at 78F. that will make the milk flavor stand out. also switch to heavy whipping cream. about 3 gallons of it should be in your starter and 3 gallons in your wort. add it at flame out so you don't drive off the super delicate flavors & aromas. I also add about 5 pounds white table sugar to boost the ABV because that's how different & hardcore I am. that's the way I make my 6.5 gallon batches and never had a problem for 80 years. and you should make it 6.5 gallons at a time so you don't have any head space. yeast hate head space and blow off tubes.

I thought about making a cream ale, thanks for the suggestion. I happen to have a friend in Belgium. What part are you visiting?

Back