Replying to posts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutsbrew

Reaction score
New rule. Yes, it's now a rule! :rockin:

A post MUST be read before replying to it. The post being responded to must be READ from first word to last. A reply to any posting will only be posted aFtEr reading each sentence of the post being replied to, and each sentence is to be read with ThOuGhT. Posting a reply after reading only part of the post being replied to, or missing key words, key phrases or sentences in the post being replied to will no longer be tolerated.

Geesh. ...Twice today already. :smack:

If you want to reply to a post, simply click on the "Post Reply" button, enter your reply text in the test box, and click "Submit Reply".

Alternatively, you can select the text box field at the bottom of the thread (under the section labelled "Quick Reply", type your response, and submit by pressing "Post Quick Reply".

If you are using the mobile app, it works similarly. Just tap the bubble labelled "Write a reply..." at the bottom of the screen, type your response, and click the "Reply" button.

If you have any more questions as to how to reply to posts on this forum, don't hesitate to ask.

A post MUST be read before replying to it. The post being responded to must be READ from first word to last. A reply to any posting will only be posted aFtEr reading each sentence of the post being replied to, and each sentence is to be read with ThOuGhT. Posting a reply after reading only part of the post being replied to, or missing key words, key phrases or sentences in the post being replied to will no longer be tolerated.

I have no idea what you're babbling about. I just saw a non-mod/admin posted a "new rule" and responded. I don't like to break rules. I like to bend them backwards almost to the point of breaking, then defecate on them.

signed,
Capt. Floccin' Chaos

I haven't had time to read through yet, but I'm assuming you are thanking the community for replying to your posts so quickly. HBT has such a responsive community. It really is incredible.

So, on behalf of everyone that ever has, or ever will, respond to your posts in a timely fashion, I say: You're welcome. And thank you for taking the time to recognize it. Cheers! :mug:

I didn't have the time or courtesy to read through this entire thread but I still want to hear myself talk and subject other people (who are considerate enough to actually listen to what others have to say) to my forceful and probably completely incorrect opinions to things that have most likely already been discussed and agreed upon or are just completely unrelated to this thread Oh yeah and Ill do my best to use as little punctuation as possible to make this really hard to understand!! :ban::rockin::mug::fro:;):drunk:

Glass is obviously better than plastic.

And you're crazy! Aluminum is WAY better than stainless steel!!

I didn't have the time or courtesy to read through this entire thread but I still want to hear myself talk and subject other people (who are considerate enough to actually listen to what others have to say) to my forceful and probably completely incorrect opinions to things that have most likely already been discussed and agreed upon or are just completely unrelated to this thread Oh yeah and Ill do my best to use as little punctuation as possible to make this really hard to understand!! :ban::rockin::mug::fro:;):drunk:

And you're crazy! Aluminum is WAY better than stainless steel!!

That may be true and maybe you listed some proof above, I don't have the time to read your entire post, but I can say my fermentations take off within 5-10 minutes of pitching. Sometimes even before chilling.

Dude.... you must be new to the Internet if you think this is ever going to happen.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

You really don't want to use the same equipment for fermenting beer and pickles. Unless you are fermenting them together, of course. Even then, I find it is best to use a tincture of pickle rather then the pickle itself.

The Houston Colt 45s were a great team. I am going to brew 4-5 gallons as a tribute. After I read the entire post.

Yes, the India part adds enough spice already.

How much curry should I put in an Indian Pail Ale? I'm sure that was already covered in the OP, but this thread is like 3 pages long now and I don't want to go back that far and do all that reading.

Like for a 1 gallon batch. I added the whole bottle, and now my kitchen smells like my pakistani neighbor.

How much curry should I put in an Indian Pail Ale? Like for a 1 gallon batch. I added the whole bottle, and now my kitchen smells like my pakistani neighbor.

Depends. What kind of pail, and how far away is it from your kitchen? Also, you could just ask your neighbor to leave. It's your house.

How much curry should I put in an Indian Pail Ale? I'm sure that was already covered in the OP, but this thread is like 3 pages long now and I don't want to go back that far and do all that reading.

Like for a 1 gallon batch. I added the whole bottle, and now my kitchen smells like my pakistani neighbor.

I'll check my notes and get back to you.

(Never to be heard from again)

Depends. What kind of pail, and how far away is it from your kitchen? Also, you could just ask your neighbor to leave. It's your house.

Yeah I'm in a similar situation. My neighbor is getting married tomorrow and asked me to brew a beer for the wedding. Do you think I can brew it today and have it bottled and carbonated by 6pm tomorrow? I think it's gonna be delicious!

Yeah I'm in a similar situation. My neighbor is getting married tomorrow and asked me to brew a beer for the wedding. Do you think I can brew it today and have it bottled and carbonated by 6pm tomorrow? I think it's gonna be delicious!

if it is a five gallon batch I would pitch a 3 gallon starter of Nottingham

and ferment at 80 -82 degrees you should be good to go

enjoy !

I have no time or desire to read your entire post, but if you have 3-4 weeks you should be fine. Anything less and you should still give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen? You'll still have beer, right?

Back