Replying to posts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to go OT, but how has this thread not strayed off topic at all yet? I mean you never see a thread with 80+ responses without someone bring up economics or starting the whole BIAB is better than using a cooler for a mash tun.

To stay on topic, I made this recipe, only I swapped out the yeast with dirt cause it looks the same knowhatImean? I used pine cones since I couldn't find any hop cones. Could not get any of the malts so I substituted a pound of table sugar for each pound of malt. I think I am going to call this clone Hardly Topper.

I skimmed through that article. Good stuff. I think the yeast they found was like 8 billion years old. Science!

You'll have to search for an Aramaic to Sanskrit conversion in order to use those but I made a handy chart in Google Docs that I just slap on the side and it works great! As an added bonus, the pyramidal shape fits directly into my hand-gold-soldered 0.003 furlong appian way elbow, and then you can just leave it in there the whole time!

Once upon a time there was a crooked tree and a straight tree. And they grew next to each other. And every day the straight tree would look at the crooked tree and he would say, "You're crooked. You've always been crooked and you'll continue to be crooked. But look at me! Look at me!" said the straight tree. He said, "I'm tall and I'm straight." And then one day the lumberjacks came into the forest and looked around, and the manager in charge said, "Cut all the straight trees." And that crooked tree is still there to this day, growing strong and growing strange.

I really like oak flavor. Instead of brewing with a bunch of random grains, which only get in the way of oak flavor, I'm going to ferment an entire bale of hamster shavings. I know it's not oak, but if I mash high and use minwax oak stain, it's really the same thing, right?

I really like oak flavor. Instead of brewing with a bunch of random grains, which only get in the way of oak flavor, I'm going to ferment an entire bale of hamster shavings. I know it's not oak, but if I mash high and use minwax oak stain, it's really the same thing, right?

Make sure you save the spent non oak shavings, and smoke some ribs with it.

I bought an 8 billion year old bucket of hydrometers on eBay.

You got those from a guy on this forum. He used those and the 8 billion year old yeast to brew the greatest beer in the world a few weeks ago. I think it was called the G-BOAT (Greatest Beer Of All Time)

BTW, what is the next step after you brew the greatest beer in the world?

If you mash all oak shavings, you'll have to watch your pH really carefully, depending on the hamster uric acid content that is.

^ This guy... Some people don't even read before they reply, ya know?

What is the ratio for freeze dried to fresh when making asparagus ale? Would it be better as a lager?

I like the liquid, personally. The freeze dried doesn't come in enough varieties, and I like the process of making a starter.

Freeze dried lagers are quite popular for Mongolian desert winter weddings or for dessert at weddings. I forget which.

Elephant shoulders. Smoked high and fast. Barely fit in the rolling papers. Had to buy XXXXXXXXXXXL rolling papers for them.

I didn't have the time or courtesy to read through this entire thread but I still want to hear myself talk and subject other people (who are considerate enough to actually listen to what others have to say) to my forceful and probably completely incorrect opinions to things that have most likely already been discussed and agreed upon or are just completely unrelated to this thread Oh yeah and Ill do my best to use as little punctuation as possible to make this really hard to understand!! :ban::rockin::mug::fro:;):drunk:

That's what I'm talk'n about! As a noob looking for information just to find that an otherwise knowledgeable person responding to a question with an answer that indicates he missed a key word (such as "or") thereby giving an answer that is NOT applicable is frustrating.

Then, someone gave a poo-poo to an idea in a thread I started about thanking vets on this forum who later apologized after admitting he didn't read the entire post and thus misunderstood the OP's idea...

All in 4 minutes. So yeah, I started a vague thread here just to vent, no other real purpose despite the many pages of (mostly) worthless replies. Don't like it? Don't reply. Or do reply with some stupid ****, it really doesn't matter!

That's what I'm talk'n about! As a noob looking for information just to find that an otherwise knowledgeable person responding to a question with an answer that indicates he missed a key word (such as "or") thereby giving an answer that is NOT applicable is frustrating.

Then, someone gave a poo-poo to an idea in a thread I started about thanking vets on this forum who later apologized after admitting he didn't read the entire post and thus misunderstood the OP's idea...

All in 4 minutes. So yeah, I started a vague thread here just to vent, no other real purpose despite the many pages of (mostly) worthless replies. Don't like it? Don't reply. Or do reply with some stupid ****, it really doesn't matter!

Yea, yeast farts are a b!tch

I like the liquid, personally. The freeze dried doesn't come in enough varieties, and I like the process of making a starter.

I put my starter in the oven at 450 for 12 hours to evaporate it because I want to try this dry yeast everyone's been talking about. I pitched 6 hours ago and I have no activity. Is my beer ruined?

Sober moment:

I read your whole post. Choose to stop being butthurt and choose to realize you've started a really funny thread that is bringing some entertainment to others. We're not here to talk about saving babies' live's ( (I edited that double plural possessive at least 4 times). We're here because of/for...beer. Relax....don't worry. Have a homebrew......

I could be a carp, for you.;)

Carp Diem!

BTW, I had my RIS in primary for 3 days, and the bubbles stopped. I knew that meant it was time to bottle, so I did. Is 16 oz. of priming sugar too much for 5 gallons? I hope not. I had a whole pound and I hate to waste the stuff, so I used it all. If a little's good, more's better, amirite?

I know there might be a thread or two about all this stuff, but I was just too lazy to search for it. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...woo hoo!

Back