Reading/Lancaster/Allentown bulk HOP buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might not be able to pick up until July 9-10 unless everything came in early & was available this weekend. I live in Wilmington de, so it's a ~90 minute drive... If it is Wednesday I might be able to drive up after work.

Found out my buddy who helps me brew has a vacuum sealer, so we're good there. Plan to seal them all Tuesday night. I will try to accommodate everyone wishes on bagging them, but I'm not doing single ounce bags or anything crazy like that. If you want something is smaller then a pound bag, let me know and i will see what i can do.
Tom

TomRep said:
Found out my buddy who helps me brew has a vacuum sealer, so we're good there. Plan to seal them all Tuesday night. I will try to accommodate everyone wishes on bagging them, but I'm not doing single ounce bags or anything crazy like that. If you want something is smaller then a pound bag, let me know and i will see what i can do.
Tom

My ideal would be 4oz bags.

Order will be placed today. Waiting on a call from Blake. If it ships today, they will be here next Tuesday so pickup will be available as of Wednesday 6/29
tom

Tom, I will be beaching until the 2nd of July, will pickup at your place afterwards.

can I get my two in two separate bags please and thank you .

I could shoot up that way any evening next week getting there around 7:30pm. If needed I can bring our foodsaver. 1lb bags are fine for me, I'll split it up at home. Thanks!

Tom

Tom,

I would appreciate it if you could split my cascade and sterling.

Thank You,
Mike

The guys in Tennessee order 11# of Cascade and Centennial and did a couple half pound splits and it took 2 of us about 3-4 hours to split those hops into 1lb bags. I hope Tom is prepared to spend 1 whole day splitting hops into 4oz bags for those that are requesting it. It probably also cost me close to $15 on bags.

1234- i appreciate you bringing this to the table for everyone. I do plan on splitting into smaller packages for those who request it, but a lot of people don't realize the effort that goes into these buys. I have no problem doing it and actually do enjoy it, but at times I'm ready to pull my hair out! Just glad the guys i get in these buys are a great group to deal with.
Milldoggy- just to forewarn you, kds has grains here from the last grain buy. He was going to pick everything up at one time.
Tom
PS. The order is placed and will be shipping out today. As long as there are no problems with ups, the pick up dates will start next Wednesday.

Tom, as long as the hops are separated by type, I don't care how you bag it, I'll split it up when I get it home.

Are you available weekday mornings?

Everyone's hops will be seperated by type, theres no question on that. If you ordered multiple pounds of a certain type, I can put them all together or in one pound bags. Im even willing to do 4oz bags as long as i don't have a million people asking for it! As for weekday mornings, not really. My wife is home all day though so we may be able to arrange something. Also, i live in a rural area so i could put them on my deck for you. We'll work out all the individual pick up schedules when the hops actually get here.
Tom

TomRep said:
Everyone's hops will be seperated by type, theres no question on that. If you ordered multiple pounds of a certain type, I can put them all together or in one pound bags. Im even willing to do 4oz bags as long as i don't have a million people asking for it! As for weekday mornings, not really. My wife is home all day though so we may be able to arrange something. Also, i live in a rural area so i could put them on my deck for you. We'll work out all the individual pick up schedules when the hops actually get here.
Tom

Sounds good Tom thanks again!

Tom, I'm in Phoenixville and can shoot up there pretty much any night next week. It's a nice ride in the country....will just need your address to plug into the trusty GPS.

One pound bags are fine for me. Don't kill yourself doing 4oz bags...we can do that at home.

anyone coming from the KOP - Pottstown area that want to share a ride? Save some gas? I am free Wed and Thursday night. I might be off wednesday and brewing if you want to stop over and have a pint.

anyone coming from the KOP - Pottstown area that want to share a ride? Save some gas? I am free Wed and Thursday night. I might be off wednesday and brewing if you want to stop over and have a pint.

Mike,

I will stop by and check out your system on my way home. My wife works both wed and thur so I will have to take the kiddies up to Fleetwood or else I would ride up with you.

Mike

Mike, I'd be happy to pick you up in exchange for a tasty pint and a check-out of your system! If your brew day goes overtime, I could just pick up your order and drop it off (same tasty terms of course)

The hops came in today and most everything is already seperated so we can actually start the pick ups tonight for those that are interested. PM me for my address. I would say anytime after 6:30-7 will be good for pick ups.
Tom

If were talking the same address you PM'd me for payment, then I'll try to shoot up there between 7-7:30 this evening.

mn_brew- can you please check the alpha reading on your Chinook and let me know what it is? For those of you that got williamette or cascade that i had to split, the alpha percentages are: cascade- 5.5% williamette- 4.5% Everything is split up and ready to go. Thanks guys!
Tom
PS. I'm looking for a loading dock in the reading area. If anyone has a hook up, please let me know.

Tom- chinook is 10.0% alpha.

Thanks again for organizing. Looking forward to the grain buy - gonna need a mill though. Anyone? Anyone?

@milldoggy: you still need a ride or a hop pickup? PM me your address and let me know what you want to do. I'm probably going to be at Weaknee homebrew around 6pm tomorrow to pick up some 1056....

Thanks for the alphas MN_brew. I got the single adjustable schmidling with case hardened rollers. Only ran about 60# of grain through it so far but i love it.
Tom

I can bring my sealer tomorrow if anyone needs it. Let me know. Jturie, tried to pm, not sure if it went through, bad signal here

Tom,

On behalf of Rob and myself, I want to thank you and your family for your generosity, We both appreciate being allowed to consume, visit, and view the vast garden.....Again, thanks to you, your wife, your children!!!!!! ESB with cinnamon is going to take a little love but will palatable in a few months......

McGeary

Mcgeary- thanks for coming down bud! Had a good time with you two. Also, i thank you for the beverage(s)!
Tom

Latest posts

Back