Reading/Lancaster/Allentown bulk HOP buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, your on the stick kds! Some of the totals have been sent out via PM. if you didn't get a PM from me, you will sometime today. Only two that will not get a total yet are GermanRockit and mjwitz as I'm waiting for some information yet. my PayPal address is [email protected]

I have HBT on my phone. Sometimes the push notifications pop up quickly, sometimes not so much. If I didn't pay right away I might have forgotten for a week.

Also, I have no hops or grain until I pick up my orders. I have 3 beers waiting to be brewed by the beginning of next month. I'm sure as hell not going to hold up the process.

i never got a total. don't want to hold this up. i am down on grain also. so can't wait for the grain buy. thanks
rian

Since I missed this I will be watching like a hawk for the grain buy! I'm not missing that.

beerloaf

Okay all the totals should be out to everyone. If you did not recieve a PM from me titled "hop total", let me know.
Tom

ps. beerloaf, I added you to the contact list

Koed- Sorry, but not yet. Since it's under investigation I had to explain to them what the money was for and give them my number so they can call me if they have any questions. hopefully tomorrow it will come through.
tom

Tom, I need your address, I do not use paypal so I need to get the funds to asap...As for my yeast washing question is alright that there is trub on the bottom of my jars and how much cold break is too much??????

Mcgeary- sent you a pm with my address. As for grub/break material, i normally have 1/8-1/4" on the bottom of a pint Mason jar with a thin layer of nice, clean, white yeast on top. All depends on how lazy i am while washing.
Tom

For the grain buys, we were using Sherwin Williams on 5th street highway in reading. However, we kinda got kicked out of there with the last buy since we got two pallets, so the grain buy will be up in the air. The hops, however, will be picked up at my house more then likely. My place is easy to get to/find and they are going to ship here anyway.
Tom

TomRep said:
For the grain buys, we were using Sherwin Williams on 5th street highway in reading. However, we kinda got kicked out of there with the last buy since we got two pallets, so the grain buy will be up in the air. The hops, however, will be picked up at my house more then likely. My place is easy to get to/find and they are going to ship here anyway.
Tom

Awesome, i'm only 15 mins from Ephrata, much more convenient than reading. Thanks!

TomRep said:
I actually live in fleetwood which is north/northeast of reading.
Tom

Hmm, maybe I mistyped your zip code. Oh well, still saving over $100 compared to the lhbs. 3 lbs would cost me $160 there.

Hmm, maybe I mistyped your zip code. Oh well, still saving over $100 compared to the lhbs. 3 lbs would cost me $160 there.

Would that be Mr. Steve's????? Nice little place but a bit pricey.....my last pumpkin ale cost me close to $45 for 5G. Have you ever gone to Scotzin Bros. in Lemoyne????

Mcgeary- sent you a pm with my address. As for grub/break material, i normally have 1/8-1/4" on the bottom of a pint Mason jar with a thin layer of nice, clean, white yeast on top. All depends on how lazy i am while washing.
Tom

Payment is on it's way, Let's hope the USPS is quick should be there no later than Tuesday.....When you do a starter with the washed yeast do you pitch everything or try and leave the cold break behind????

Thanks

McGeary

mcgearybrewing said:
Payment is on it's way, Let's hope the USPS is quick should be there no later than Tuesday.....When you do a starter with the washed yeast do you pitch everything or try and leave the cold break behind????

Thanks

McGeary

I dump most of the liquid, swirl the hell out everything and dump in. If you have to much trumb, toss it or rewash.

mcgearybrewing said:
Would that be Mr. Steve's????? Nice little place but a bit pricey.....my last pumpkin ale cost me close to $45 for 5G. Have you ever gone to Scotzin Bros. in Lemoyne????

That's the place. My boss has recommended scotzin bros, just haven't made it up there yet.

I work within walking distance of mr steve's, it's convenient.

Lancaster homebrew's prices aren't any better, but they do offer a military discount.

o4_srt said:
That's the place. My boss has recommended scotzin bros, just haven't made it up there yet.

I work within walking distance of mr steve's, it's convenient.

Lancaster homebrew's prices aren't any better, but they do offer a military discount.

Scotzin has a great selection. I just stopped there on the way camping, I broke my beer out ball lock fitting. No credit card, which sucks.

Busy busy week at work here....sorry I just got the price total. I haven't used my Paypal in about 6 years. I'll figure it out and send off some funds tomorrow.

Okay guys, this is almost wrapped up. We are having a situation with PayPal on one order and I haven't heard back from the person on the other. If I don't hear back from the person by tomorrow night, we may have a couple extra pounds available or just drop them from the order all together.
tom

Okay guys, this is almost wrapped up. We are having a situation with PayPal on one order and I haven't heard back from the person on the other. If I don't hear back from the person by tomorrow night, we may have a couple extra pounds available or just drop them from the order all together.
tom

Did you receive my envelope in your daily mail??????

Rippt530- I've been trying to get you my PayPal address, but your inbox is full. Address is: [email protected] Please get the payment to me today. I want to get the PayPal payments over with so I can get the money deposited in my account by Monday.
Tom

I would be interested in buying whats left oever if someone didn't get back to you. PM sent.

beerloaf

Order will be placed today. Waiting on a call from Blake. If it ships today, they will be here next Tuesday so pickup will be available as of Wednesday 6/29
tom

Back