Rasp Cream Ale FAIL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestCoastB

Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
Yeast
Kit
Yeast Starter
Kit
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
Kit
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
NA
Final Gravity
NA
Boiling Time (Minutes)
NA
IBU
NA
Color
pink
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Additional Fermentation
NA
Tasting Notes
Sour
Please tell me time is on my side here!
Took my first stab at making a Rasp Cream Ale, Used a kit for the cream ale.
Added to Primary 3lbs of raspberry . Used Frozen berrys boiled them then strained them. Cooled the water and also used that in my mix.

After transfering to seconday lots of Raspberry chunkies remained.
I bottled this batch yesterday and I had a little sample of it, and it tasted terrible. All I could taste was sour raspberry. Almost like a sour wine. No hint of beer at all.
I added my sugar and bottled it anyways. Someone please tell me that the flavor is going to change dramitally with a little time in the bottle!!! I dont want to have wasted a whole batch!

B

Please tell me time is on my side here!
Took my first stab at making a Rasp Cream Ale, Used a kit for the cream ale.
Added to Primary 3lbs of raspberry . Used Frozen berrys boiled them then strained them. Cooled the water and also used that in my mix.

After transfering to seconday lots of Raspberry chunkies remained.
I bottled this batch yesterday and I had a little sample of it, and it tasted terrible. All I could taste was sour raspberry. Almost like a sour wine. No hint of beer at all.
I added my sugar and bottled it anyways. Someone please tell me that the flavor is going to change dramitally with a little time in the bottle!!! I dont want to have wasted a whole batch!

B

It's likley not going to be good like you had hoped, over a few months time it will probly get slightly better and less tart. You shouldn't have boiled the rasberries, you should have just thrown the frozen rasberries into the secondary and racked on top and left for 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back