RANCO Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
Need ELECTRICAL assistance ASAP!!!!

I cut the electrical cord to my new freezer to install the RANCO ETC 111000 in-line.

There are 2 wires inside. 1 green, 1, white, and 1 black.

The diagram only shows 2 wires.

Am I to assume the black is ground and just gets spliced back to itself while the 2 others follow the diagram? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :mug:

NOOOOOO!

Black is HOT!

DO NOT SPLICE ANY OF THE WIRES TOGETHER!

Ok, that out of the way...black is hot - it should power the controller and get connected to the load via the relay on the controller.

White is common - it needs to power the controller and have a constant connection to the load.

Green is ground. Ideally, you'd connect it to a bare metal spot on the frame of the freezer. If you can't find a good ground, you can leave it disconnected, but you face an increased risk of shock that way.

homebrewer_99 said:
Thanks Yuri. I knew somebody would come to my aid in a flash!

So I can just splice the green's back together and all's well since it's a grounded cord (3 prong).

I appreciate it...this round's on me!!!:mug: :mug:
Yes, if the freezer cord has a green wire, just splice them directly together.

Thanks FlyGuy, but it's done. I mounted the TC on the left side of the freezer with velcro.

Also, I had a dolly from Menards and I cut the short sections out and made a giant dolly for the freezer. Now I can move it out of the way when I sweep the garage. :D See pics.

The freezer is the Frigidaire 14.8 CF from Best Buy, $399, 12% off PLUS 24 months Same-As-Cash!:rockin:

Now I have 8 kegs in the keezer and 2 in the Sanyo!! Can you say LAGER??

Thanks for all the assistance. :mug:

P7290393.JPG

P7290400.JPG

P7290401.JPG

P7290402.JPG

Glad that you figured it out. That same problem stumped me for a bit when I first went to wire mine last week. Love the freezer!! Mine is so empty compared to that!!

Back