Ran out of CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusmedic

Reaction score
I must have a leave somewhere in the system and my tank ran out unexpectedly. I get my tanks filled free but will take a few days. As I'm going out of town soon it will be a week total before the kegs are back on gas. Will this be any real problem? Is worst case that with no pressure the beer goes flat and I have to recarb for a week once I get it back on gas?

First, if you haven't, remove the disconnects so if there is a leak you're not feeding it from the gas inside the keg.

If the beer is carbonated, and the keg is mostly full, it won't take any hurt while you're gone. I am running two kegs right now off one line. I swap the gas line as I need to, and I've had a keg sit for more than a week and it didn't take any hurt.

If your beer is already flat, well, nothing's going to help that. If it's carbonated, leaving it that way for a week won't hurt it.

Back