Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd still like to split a sack of Munich with someone. Basisforaday said he was interested, but hasn't responded to any messages from me about it.

Anyone interested?

I'm also interested in some Munich, Reel and Skee, you want to split 3 ways? Anyone else want to split munich?

I might be interested. I'd also like to split a bag of pilsner with someone.

Yep, thanks. It's updated and should be correct this time.

I am not sure if this is still open, but I will split a bag of Pils with you, if you are still interested, and PM sent for 2 bags, if it is possible to add them.

A bit like day trading in here!!

Originally Posted by Walker
I'd still like to split a sack of Munich with someone. Basisforaday said he was interested, but hasn't responded to any messages from me about it.

Anyone interested?

I'm also interested in some Munich, Reel and Skee, you want to split 3 ways? Anyone else want to split munich?

I'm interested in some munich. I'd probably prefer a 1/3 of a bag, but the CM-MUNH is pretty cheap so if it works better for everyone else, I'll do a half sack. Just let me know what works for everyone else.

Basisforaday sent me a PM. He and I are still going to split a bag between the two of us. We just need to select which one we want and PM Reel with the details.

Originally Posted by Walker

Anyone interested?

I'm interested in some munich. I'd probably prefer a 1/3 of a bag, but the CM-MUNH is pretty cheap so if it works better for everyone else, I'll do a half sack. Just let me know what works for everyone else.

Skee, I'm good to split that munich 2 or 3 ways. Preferably 3ways. What kind were you wanting? I was thinking 8-12L. Anyone else want the 3rd portion?

Spreadsheet updated. Sean and cox8611, you'll see 1/2 price on the bags on your order that we are splitting. Please check for accuracy. Still looking to split a bag of Munich.

Edit: And here is the link so you don't have to go back to the first page.

The only thing I see is that Walker and basis are both down for a bag of Munich (different brands) and I thought they were splitting a bag. Cox and foltster, do you guys wanna half sack each and then we get another bag to split with Reel? Just a thought?

The only thing I see is that Walker and basis are both down for a bag of Munich (different brands) and I thought they were splitting a bag. Cox and foltster, do you guys wanna half sack each and then we get another bag to split with Reel? Just a thought?

I'm good with that. Just don't need a whole damn bag of it.

Basis and I just decided on a bag of Best Malz a little bit ago and I PMed reel. That sack is by my name.

The other sack of munich by basis' name has been there since the start. I've no idea what that one is.

I'll check it a little later. I gotta clean the house now.

I'm fine with a half sack of munich.

Ok, I'll split with cox since we already have a split bag of MO,it makes the money exchange easier. foltster you can split with Reel and just pay the man with your regular order and that will be the easiest for you. Sometimes I'm surprised by my own genius. (and that should show you just how bright I am right there, when little ideas are like inventing sliced bread)

just how bright I am right there, when little ideas are like inventing sliced bread

You know who gets ripped off? The guy who baked the first loaf of bread. He came up with the idea, made it from scratch, figured it all out.

then some ******* comes along with a knife, and he's all we ever hear about. "Oh! sliced bread!"

Sounds good Ryan. Thanks for doing the work for me I hate thinking for myself. Reelale, whatever munich you prefer is fine with me. :-D

Hey guys, this is my first group purchase so I'm curious what kind of time line were looking at as far as the grain getting delivered.
Oh and when is the next GRABASS session happening?
Thanks!

Sometimes I'm surprised by my own genius. (and that should show you just how bright I am right there, when little ideas are like inventing sliced bread)

You know at first i wondered why they called you an d-b@g on the group emails... it's all makes sense now. LOL

Hey guys, this is my first group purchase so I'm curious what kind of time line were looking at as far as the grain getting delivered.
Oh and when is the next GRABASS session happening?
Thanks!

Sunday is the last day to place an order. As soo as everyone has paid Reel, he will call in the order to North Country. The order will be coming out of Hickory, NC so it shouldn't take very long to get here. Once he places the order, we should have a pretty good idea when it will arrive. (Hopefully NC can tell Reel when it will be here) The order will be delivered to Fullsteam Brewing Co. in Durham where they will unload it with their forklift. I will post a message once it gets delivered and then go start seperating the load. Everyone will hopefully be able to go over and pick up their grain while I am still there. Their taproom is open till at least 10:00 so that shouldn't be a problem. That about sums it up.

Here's the next GRABASS event:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/grabass-raleigh-willamette-dang-1-22-11-a-214076/
PM me your email address and I can add you to the email list if you'd like.

Updated the spreadsheet. Correct or not, I'm not touching it again until...later.
Wow, I didn't know I could be so assertive...
The mouse has done roared.

ecreid said:
I would not mind getting in on a sack of 2 row or MO if needed.

We're wide open for orders now. Matter of fact, the more we order, the cheaper it gets at this point. Just pm me what you want and/follow the thread.

Anybody heard from Barc? I hate for him to miss out on this buy.

This is so tempting. I haven't been brewing as much as I've wanted to lately (read: at all) so I think that I might have to jump in on the next one after I've had some time to use up my grains from last time!

Anybody heard from Barc? I hate for him to miss out on this buy.

He's been terrorizing belgium and the czech republic for a week or two.

Don't know if he has access to hbt, but I've gotten emails from him while he's been overseas.

I'll ping him with mail and see if he wants in.

36 hours left to get your orders in!!! We've got room for 28 more bags (according to the last spreadsheet) so lets fill up that second pallet!

Everyone should have received a PM with payment information by now. If you didn't, please let me know. Also, please put your HBT username in the comments so I can keep track of payments. Thanks.

No reason you should be out of pocket for us using a credit card, or for any transaction fee. If anything you should get a discount on shipping or whatever.

Point is, If I add a buck to the order, will it cover the fees associated with you handling this? For my order anyway. And if anyone else felt inclined to do the same. I am sure you wouldn't be upset.

If you send the money in the way Reelale described, he will not get hot with any fees.

But, in my opinion, tacking on a couple extra bucks as a "thank you for dealing with this crap" fee is certainly a good idea. I added some extra $ last time I got in on the order, and I'm gonna do it again this time.

Skee's help with handling the delivery location also deserves a thank you, but he's a *****bag, so f*ck him. :D

(J/k)

No reason you should be out of pocket for us using a credit card, or for any transaction fee. If anything you should get a discount on shipping or whatever.

Point is, If I add a buck to the order, will it cover the fees associated with you handling this? For my order anyway. And if anyone else felt inclined to do the same. I am sure you wouldn't be upset.

Like Walker said, if you choose Family and Friends, you (the sender) pay the fees upfront if you pay with a credit card. PayPal balance or auto-draft from bank account is free sender and receiver. I don't really care either way, as long as the amount covers the cost.

If you send the money in the way Reelale described, he will not get hot with any fees.

But, in my opinion, tacking on a couple extra bucks as a "thank you for dealing with this crap" fee is certainly a good idea. I added some extra $ last time I got in on the order, and I'm gonna do it again this time.

Skee's help with handling the delivery location also deserves a thank you, but he's a *****bag, so f*ck him. :D

(J/k)

Tips are not expected, but most certainly appreciated.;)

Edit: By the way, the spreadsheet is updated. Up to 60 bags. Getting cheaper by the order.

Anybody heard from Barc? I'll probably order a full bag of pilsner, since I owe him several pounds anyway. That leaves a half-bag split with Sean if anyone is interested. 60 bags now and counting...

I *just* got an email response fro Barc about 15 minutes ago and told him that the door was almost closed.

I suspect he'll chime in here very shortly.

Can you PM him a link to this thread? I am on my phone and can't easily cut-n-paste the URL.

I *just* got an email response fro Barc about 15 minutes ago and told him that the door was almost closed.

I suspect he'll chime in here very shortly.

Can you PM him a link to this thread? I am on my phone and can't easily cut-n-paste the URL.

Yep, doing it now.

Hey guys. Thanks for thinking of me! Jez, its like you care or something!

I'll forgo this round in the interest of time... Unless I think of something tonight! I'm still 6 hours ahead in my brain so I'm just too dog tired to think right now (ok, so that's an excuse but...). Plus, I sat in front of the screaming, kicking, crying, smoking baby for 8.5 hours on the way back from London.

Just went over the spreadsheet, cell by cell. As far as I can tell, it is correct. But please check your order for accuracy. Only thing that should change now is the per bag shipping charge. And that would only be a few cents.

Anybody heard from Barc? I'll probably order a full bag of pilsner, since I owe him several pounds anyway. That leaves a half-bag split with Sean if anyone is interested. 60 bags now and counting...

It doesn't look like anyone else wants the other half so you can cancel my half of the pils, I don't think I want a whole bag. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back