Question Regarding Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbbeyDubbel

Reaction score
Beer head. :ban:

I don't know if this is a problem with my beer or if it's a good thing (because I see a lot of threads with people worrying about head retention).

I seem to have the opposite problem. I've only brewed a few beers, but the ones I've brewed seem to have a really nice head with TONS of bubbles streaming off the bottom of the glass. However, unlike with commercial beers that have a great head, the head on my beers never seems to dissipate. Tipping the glass to my mouth to drink simply causes the head to slip to the bottom of the glass (intact), and then back to the top as I put the glass down.

Is this a problem with my beer? Also, despite the thousands of bubbles streaming off the bottom, the beer isn't super carbonated to the taste.

Have you perhaps added a bit of plaster to your beer to keep it in tact?:fro: Beyond that, sounds good to me, so long as you can get a bit of it with your drink it's an awsome character. Are you using a real high mash temp or extra carapils?

Are you pouring straight into the glass? When I pour my beer straight into the bottom I get alot of head that doesn't disappear fast... If you are doing that try tilting the glass and pouring sideways that helps me out with the head;)

Back