Pilsen Callao Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valacech

Reaction score
Hey all,

When I was in Peru I had a pilsner called Pilsen Callao. It's a very popular beer in Peru. Has anyone had it or ever dabbled in an attempt to clone it? I can't find much about it and I can't really find it here in the States, so it would be tough to do a tasting and try to discern. Not the least of which is I've not had it in over 3 months and I was drunk, so I barely remember. I just recall it being pretty good. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Pilsen Callao is a light adjunct lager. Not all that different from a carona if my memory serves. You may find a carona clone out there... though most homebrewers don't bother with theese kinds of beers as they are tricky to get right and fairly bland... also you can just buy a coors light and have a pretty cheep and pretty close beer.

Used to drink this when I lived in Peru years ago! If you do recreate it, post it, it would be a fun little trip down memory lane to drink it again!

Back