Perlick Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just be glad you don't live in TN... sales tax is pushing 10%

sent you my (your) taxes for the two 525ss.

WI has been fighting to raise it for quite some time. But we have a gas tax that raises our cost per Gallon about 20 cents. But this is a Faucet Thread.

We are almost there on the taxes. PM me if you guys have any questions or post it here.

I will PM those who haven't paid to get that ball rolling.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Sorry. Just saw the update with the taxes. I just paypal'd the taxes to you, rounded up, sent as a gift. A gift for being awesome.

How much did individual people end up paying per faucet including shipping? If given the parameters I might have been able to beat the price.

Forrest

You telling me you can beat $25 for a 525? If you can beat it why are you selling them for $29?

And my $25 is shipped!

I was never given the chance. I had what I thought was the best price and a price match offer on the website.

I love selling things at cost just as much as the next guy. I have 35 employees and a lot of rent for a 18,000 sq ft building. I try to my best to give the best price and pay my employees.

If you find a great deal on something let me know. I will give it my best shot. I may have to pass but I might be able to do better.

I am here for the homebrewer.

Forrest

You're trying to steal customers from a group buy!? Do you understand what a huge dick move that is? And, as Jeff said, if you're willing to sell them for $25 shipped, then why are you selling them to everyone for $29 plus shipping? Either your markups are massive, or you're willing to take a loss just to dick over someone who put a lot of effort into a group buy. Either way, not cool.

They're paying taxes on them because, unlike you, Jeff's not taking a profit on these, he's not a business, and he can't afford to absorb sales tax. He's just a citizen who was nice enough to put forth the effort to organize a group buy to get himself and a lot of other people better prices on a piece of equipment. But then, being a business owner, you know this already, so asking why people are paying sales tax is just being intentionally obtuse.

I am not trying to steal anything. I am just putting my hat in the ring. If he is not making anything on this transaction then it shouldn't matter. At these prices I would be losing money. Nothing in it for me either. But if I could get you guys a better price are you saying you don't want it?

He shouldn't absorb sales tax. I just wouldn't charge sales tax. If you are selling something to someone out of state you don't charge sales tax.

Why would I offer to sell things at or below cost if it wasn't to give you a better deal. If you don't want me to try to give you guys a better deal I will stop. No one is making any money on this, with the exception of Perlick and the post office.

Forrest

Why would I offer to sell things at or below cost if it wasn't to give you a better deal. If you don't want me to try to give you guys a better deal I will stop. No one is making any money on this, with the exception of Perlick and the post office.

Forrest, I think it's great that you're trying to look out for homebrewers.
Just so you know, this group buy only covered the taps.
Maybe some people on the group buy would be interested in buying shanks or handles from you if you can offer a competitive price.

After he's gone and done all the legwork to make this happen? I could understand if you put it out there early on, but now? I just think it's in poor taste, that's all.

When's the last time someone made money on a group buy?

Not the point. The point is, you coming in here after the fact, after he's done all the legwork, and putting this out there, regardless of whether you "had the chance" earlier. Again, poor taste IMHO.

Again, this is the difference between private individuals and businesses. He DOES have to pay tax because of where he is located, so in a group buy where there is no profit to absorb the tax, he either has to charge tax or lose money.

I just found the post. I thought that the group buy is over. I am not trying to derail this group buy. Carry on.

Sorry about that. Apparently misunderstanding all around.

Forrest

This group buy was closed. I think it's fine for AHS or any other vendor to see a group buy and offer to match the price, or at least see an opportunity to make a deal for others who did not make the deadline. Forrest, in the past you have not offered stainless tower shanks but with the new store will they be stocked, and if so, how about a shank sale? I would like to upgrade 6 shanks to SS even though it's a total PITA to change them out.

Just so you know, Brewmeister Jeff's price is below my cost directly from Perlick, even in bulk. Good score. He really did you guys a solid.

Can I buy some next time?

Forrest

Our Tuesday special next tuesday should be Stainless Steel Shanks if I can put it together.

Forrest

Tax now sent, $4 for 3, as a gift.

Stupid Tax. I suppose I'm ok with that considering this is the first time I've paid sales tax for something in a very long time. Gotta love living in a state where there is no sales tax!

Back