pagan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
personally, if i have to fit into a religious catagory, id say pagan..

wondering if there are any here who call themselves pagan too?

i imagen there are a few, but not many..

i know there are a lot in america and england..

blessed be lmao

peace

I am not a Pagan for I was touched once by His Noodly Appendage and thus became a believer in Him.

wtf?
firstly, how is this post gonna be closed?
secondly, pagan is a religion, no need to take the piss

XELA said:
wtf?
firstly, how is this post gonna be closed?
secondly, pagan is a religion, no need to take the piss

Closed most likely because it's touches religion which is a mostly off-limits area. You're probably good for a bit though because you put the post in the Drunken Ramblings Forum. Depends on how far it goes.

Me personally, I really don't chose a particular religion. I think I'm going to create my own based on the worship of beer and coffee.

why is it "off-limits"

its the biggest religion after christianity..

I didn't mean that paganism is off limits. Absolutely nothing wrong with it in my opinion. What I meant to say is that religion in general is off-limits on this forum. Why, because not everyone is as open minded as you or I. Where you are at now is fine, but it has happened where someone has brought up a religous topic, then someone has said something that was perceived wrong, then the original person got offended etc..... Religion is just one of those touchy subjects.

Even a general religious question can get out of hand rather quickly.

Again your religious preference is not the issue here.

jus read the last post, was gonna say somethin that would get me banned untill that..

but seriosly.. paganism isnt about causing problems or dissagreeing with other religions

religion is corrupt. is someone gonna close this then or what?

Even a general religious question can get out of hand rather quickly - think your right, tiz a bad topic..

i didnt mean to start a bad convo, jus didnt think tbh

Don't sweat it. The fact that his holiness TxBrew posted here and didn't close your thread most likely means he doesn't see an issue.

Xela, really? I don't know anyone like this. Especially with the polytheism part.

Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning "an old country dweller, rustic") is a term which, from a Western perspective, has come to connote a broad set of spiritual or cultic practices or beliefs of any folk religion, and of historical and contemporary polytheism religions in particular.

Previously we've avoided certain taboos such as religion and politics. When the forum was smaller we sort of moderated ourselves because that was how we wanted it. However, with the growth of the forums and the desire to keep the technical forums on topic (through moderation if necessary) it seems reasonable to allow people to use the OT forums for...well...OT stuff. If that's paganism and it's a subject people can discuss without devolving into personal attacks, then that's what it is.

However, these are OT forums, not soapboxes or places to push agendas. So if you want to discuss stuff like the smart, respectful, outstanding folks you are, then go for it. But just bear in mind that I'm not saying these forums aren't moderated...they are.

Personally, I think religion and politics are bad mojo to discuss with people I like so much and I will most likely avoid such discussions.

:mug:

Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning "an old country dweller

it used to mean that.. now i guess it means, someone who worships nature, and wants peace and good will to everyone (espesialy wiccan)
lt also sugests the practice of maigic..

"without devolving into personal attacks" i know we dont want any of them, be aware that paganism is an umbrella term for lots of religions

the_bird said:
If we can all be respectful, the thread stays open.

If not....

sounds good too me, i feel bad incase i cause arguments now..

Baron von BeeGee said:
Just don't mention bleach or aluminum and it should stay on course.

haha!

oh yea, my origionaly question was are there any pagans here, not is paganism right or wrong.. so i see no reason for it to be closed :D

any pagans? i know there are loads of them

I don't know pagan just seems to have a negative connotation to me. And instantly I think of gods of old like norse, roman and greek mythology.

Naturist or naturalist seems much more fitting and respectful, but I guess worshiping nature doesn't fit that.

Webster:
1. a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)
2 : one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person

I think of gods of old like norse, roman and greek mythology. - yea.. i dno bout the worship of the greak gods, ppl do worship them tho..

to me pagan means, love of nature

as for

"2 : one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person"

i dont know what most of those words mean

lol

yeah #2 describes a lot of people, lol.

People still worship greek gods? I would like to meet them.

People still worship greek gods? I would like to meet them. - yea.. i think they call themselves pagans too.. i dno why they worship them tho

most importantly tho, pagans or wiccans belive in helping others

wiccans accually use magic to heal others, and belive it or not, most of them wont even take wood from a tree to make there "wands" they take dead wood from the forest floor

I respect anyone's religious beliefs as long as they keep them their own and do not try to convert me. My personal belief is that I think we all should be nice to each other.

However, I hold a special place in my heart for pastafarians such as TxBrew. I mean c'mon, heaven with stripper factories and beer volcanoes? That's a frickin sweet deal.

Then again, I'm not sure I'd want to live for all eternity close to the stripper factory. They may smell used even just out of the factory.

Disclaimer: the preceding statements were not meant to be offensive to factory workers.

Ize said:
Worshipping in the Church of Winnebago? Ize
I thought about it, but the wife would rather fly to a hotel...preferrably one attached to a beach. ;)

We've already been to 49 States, lots of Mexico and Caribbean, as well as most of southern Canada, I lived in Germany for 9 years so we seen most of Europe...So American/Australia here we come!;)

IMO, there's nothing wrong with discussing religion. It's the "pushing" and statements along the lines that one is better than another that ticks me off.

I am certain that the majority (here) agree that the "to each his/her own" approach works best. :D

"IMO, there's nothing wrong with discussing religion."

"I am certain that the majority (here) agree that the "to each his/her own"

tiz true..

"as long as they keep them their own and do not try to convert me."

i agree, theres no need to try convert ppl.. leave them be, they belive in what they belive for a reason,
and none of us no more than anyone else when it comes to what the truth is.

I've prayed to bushes before. Well, it sounded more like "oh God, please don't make me throw up anymore". I don't think that counts though.

There are times when I'm genuinely interested in other people's religions. I've asked active pagans what it's all about. Not that I'm interested in going to their meetings, but other people's belief systems are fascinating. I think it's good to keep an open mind.

If you think about it, I'm sure there's lots of people that don't make beer who probably look at us and think "Why can't they just buy it at the store? :confused: "

I'm proud to be a Pastafarian and devoutly live by The Eight "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts" set forth by Him.

homebrewer_99 said:
I thought about it, but the wife would rather fly to a hotel...preferrably one attached to a beach. ;)

We've already been to 49 States, lots of Mexico and Caribbean, as well as most of southern Canada, I lived in Germany for 9 years so we seen most of Europe...So American/Australia here we come!

IMO, there's nothing wrong with discussing religion. It's the "pushing" and statements along the lines that one is better than another that ticks me off.

I am certain that the majority (here) agree that the "to each his/her own" approach works best.

Your missus and me and mine all go to the same church then. :D

And yes, to each his/her own as far as I'm concerned. It's every individual's choice and none of my biz. Just don't force it on me, and I'm a happy camper.

Except that's the wrong damn bush Pumbaa. ;) :D

Ize

"Not that I'm interested in going to their meetings" - been to them, there ussually ****

"If you think about it, I'm sure there's lots of people that don't make beer who probably look at us and think "Why can't they just buy it at the store?" " iv had ppl say that.. they dnt understand its an art form, spose its not far from cooking

I had a teacher last semester who was a pagan. Pretty interesting. Im not quit sure what i am. I believe in god, but also evolution, I think Churches are ridicules money making machines that are filled for the most part with hypocrites. I have heard way to many big time religious people judge others. EX. If they are another religion they are going to hell. I hate that crap, no one truly knows who is right.

Ryanh1801 said:
I had a teacher last semester who was a pagan. Pretty interesting. Im not quit sure what i am. I believe in god, but also evolution, I think Churches are ridicules money making machines that are filled for the most part with hypocrites. I have heard way to many big time religious people judge others.

you seem to no exactly what your talking about, and i agree with you..

"I believe in god, but also evolution" - ppl see it as science v religion! but maybe god created elolution? makes sence to me..

XELA said:
you seem to no exactly what your talking about, and i agree with you..

"I believe in god, but also evolution" - ppl see it as science v religion! but maybe god created elolution? makes sence to me..

Thats exactly what i believe. He created something that turned into us over time. But down in the bible belt their are people that would say im going to hell for saying that.:rolleyes: Im pretty open with religions and think all are very interesting. I think there would be alot less problems in the world if people would look and read about other religions.

Ryanh1801 said:
Thats exactly what i believe. He created something that turned into us over time. But down in the bible belt their are people that would say im going to hell for saying that.:rolleyes: Im pretty open with religions and think all are very interesting. I think there would be alot less problems in the world if people would look and read about other religions.

jesus said have faith

so i have faith that the whole thing isnt a pointless mistake, thats all that matters to me..

wether its "god" "goddess" "fate" who cares..

Back