Packaging a Brett beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieBull

Reaction score
I am just finishing up my first Brett beer and trying to figure out the best way to package it. The way I see it my options are:
1) cold crash, keg, force carb. I'm assuming this will crash the Brett out and the beer won't change much with age. And it'll create a lot more cleaning and sanitation.
2) bottle condition it with priming sugar. My concern is how much of the priming sugar the Brett will consume and if it will dry the beer out entirely?any thoughts or experience are appreciated.

1) Is the gravity stable? Over how long? What is the gravity reading?

2) If the gravity is stable, Brett will eat the priming sugar as any normal beer would, but in my own experiences, it also eats a bit more after that as well - making for a slightly overcarbed beer. (We're talking like 10+ months here.)

Bottle if it's stable, below 1.010 and use a bit less priming sugar if you plan on keeping it for a year or so.

Back