"Out" disconnect issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whattawort

Reaction score
It's me again Margeret.
I've run into an issue that's perplexing me. I have 2 kegs that will hold pressure but nothing is coming out. I attach the "line out" disconnect and pull on the picnic tap and nadda...zip....zero. I've tried switching posts and poppit valves from other kegs, but I still get nothin. Luckily I discovered this while I was cleaning the kegs and no beer has been stranded or harmed as of yet. The common denominator here seems to be the "out" disconnect/picnic tap, but when I disassembled it, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. I'm up for suggestions. I hate having to purge perfectly good CO2.

It sounds like the pin in the black plastic quick disconnect has broken off and there is nothing to depresses the poppit in the liquid out post.
You can buy parts for the disconnects, but buy a brand new one for about $6.

I had just cleaned everything from top to bottom and replaced all the o-rings, so I don't think it could be a clog. When I depress the valve with something other than the disconnect, it will release CO2 so the best I can guess is that it's my disconnect. Shame I don't have spares and it's a bigger shame I can't get any locally. I'm driving SWMBO nuts trying to get my kegging setup done. :eek:

Are you sure you're getting it snapped all the way on? Mine is really hard to push on when dry, and it looks like it's on all the way but it's not. A little water on the fitting, and it slides on easily.

Back