Our first attempt at a dark beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've brewed our first porter/stout and are anxious to see how it turns out. We posted it on YouTube and it has become our best long form content to date (which isn't saying a ton because we're a small channel). We haven't received a ton of feedback, though. We've heard from a few brewers who had positive things to say, but I'd love to hear from people here - good, bad, ugly. We'll take any and all feedback. This is Adam's 2nd brew ever - his amber was fantastic - and my first time assisting.

Interesting video. I wish I had recorded some of my early brews - they were good, and I've forgotten how to re-create a couple beers that my wife actually liked.
Going to be using your idea of the strainer when decanting wort into the fermenter.
Hope the beer turns out well, although it's hard to go wrong with Fuggles and EKG in a porter.

Interesting video. I wish I had recorded some of my early brews - they were good, and I've forgotten how to re-create a couple beers that my wife actually liked.
Going to be using your idea of the strainer when decanting wort into the fermenter.
Hope the beer turns out well, although it's hard to go wrong with Fuggles and EKG in a porter.
Thank you! Very anxious to crack one open and see how they turn out.

Man, I want your buddy's deck! The process looks good and very straight forward. I liked that all the steps were shown and a good explanation of what the purpose is. I just sent this to a buddy that has been wanting to try brewing. He learned more from this than I could explain it. :p

Man, I want your buddy's deck! The process looks good and very straight forward. I liked that all the steps were shown and a good explanation of what the purpose is. I just sent this to a buddy that has been wanting to try brewing. He learned more from this than I could explain it. :p
Wow, thank you. I’m loving this feedback and sharing it all with Adam.

Back