Order not shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically they offer a super deal so that we can all celebrate their 20th anniversary, and to thank them you go buy elsewhere ?
I think the right attitude is to be thankful when a business tries to do this kind of thing, even if they struggle with the high demand. They probably did not expect their sale to be so successful. But you should be happy, by reading the kind of comments you write, they might be disgusted and avoid doing it again. Really, thank you.

Whutever said:
And you have that right to do so. But if any of those other retailers offered a sale like AHS did you'll be pissed at them as well. Pretty soon you'll run out of retailers to be pissed at. I'm just sayin'!

/rant

Clearly both of you fail to see the point.

To take almost two weeks to ship an order when your own web site says that DELIVERY should be within 1-5 days is flat out unacceptable. Perhaps I could have been a little more understanding had I received an email saying "Hey, XYZ is going on. Sorry for the delay. Your order will be shipped on XYZ."

Unless you contacted them, you were left in the dark. The staff of AHS may be the nicest people in the world, but were talking Customer Service 101 here.

I stand by my original comments and don't think that myself, and the others who have echoed my sentiments, are being unreasonable.

Clearly both of you fail to see the point.

To take almost two weeks to ship an order when your own web site says that DELIVERY should be within 1-5 days is flat out unacceptable. Perhaps I could have been a little more understanding had I received an email saying "Hey, XYZ is going on. Sorry for the delay. Your order will be shipped on XYZ."

Unless you contacted them, you were left in the dark. The staff of AHS may be the nicest people in the world, but were talking Customer Service 101 here.

I stand by my original comments and don't think that myself, and the others who have echoed my sentiments, are being unreasonable.

yeah if you only read a very small part of it. Here is it right from there site including the small tibit you decided to notice. Please read the Bold Underlined text.

"Flat Rate - Ships Out Soon, Delivered in 2 - 8 Business Days*
Your order is ready for shipping in 2 - 4 business days. Delivery time takes 1 - 5 business days depending on your location. During sales and periods of increased order volume, this shipping method may take longer. Flat rate shipping is only available within the 48 contiguous states. If you need your order sooner, please chose another shipping option."

yeah if you only read a very small part of it. Here is it right from there site including the small tibit you decided to notice. Please read the Bold Underlined text.

"Flat Rate - Ships Out Soon, Delivered in 2 - 8 Business Days*
Your order is ready for shipping in 2 - 4 business days. Delivery time takes 1 - 5 business days depending on your location. During sales and periods of increased order volume, this shipping method may take longer. Flat rate shipping is only available within the 48 contiguous states. If you need your order sooner, please chose another shipping option."

I am familiar with the shipping policy, thanks.

Are you disputing the fact that taking 2 weeks to ship an order is unacceptable?

I am familiar with the shipping policy, thanks.

Are you disputing the fact that taking 2 weeks to ship an order is unacceptable?

Yes.

Read the policy again - look at the distance from TX to NC; review the policy again about shipping times during sales, and remember there are other shipping options available when you order....

Ah, that must be why my order's taking a while to ship out. I vaguely remember something about their anniversary.

eh, it is kind of annoying that stuff's taking a while to ship. I suppose we should blame AHB for having a sale?

If you want faster shipping, then pay the $15 for expedited shipping.

Yes.

Read the policy again - look at the distance from TX to NC; review the policy again about shipping times during sales, and remember there are other shipping options available when you order....

You expect people to be rational and read shipping policy? It's far easier to spend 2 days bitching because they sold stuff at a great price.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. It is disappointing to see that a vendor's close affiliation with this site (which I realize and respect) has clouded so many's judgement of what was truly a customer service debacle.

Perhaps after issuing your several hundred dollar payment instantly, expecting your order to be shipped in a more timely manner than two weeks is simply too much to ask of a professional online retail company.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. It is disappointing to see that a vendor's close affiliation with this site (which I realize and respect) has clouded so many's judgement of what was truly a customer service debacle.

Perhaps after issuing your several hundred dollar payment instantly, expecting your order to be shipped in a more timely manner than two weeks is simply too much to ask of a professional online retail company.

If a customer service debacle = $20 extract kits + free shipping on orders over $100, consider AHS a debacle...

Just want to get this straight...

• You ***** that it's taking too long, and quote part of the vendors website that says 1-5 days shipping.
  • Other member here quote the rest of the site (the part that you conveniently left out) that says that it will take longer during sales and periods of increased volume, which you KNOW is going on.
  • You get contrite and say "I know what the shipping policy is, thanks". But of course if you did, you'd not have posted. Unless you are a jerk, then you'd just post part of the policy to make the vendor look bad.
  • You get pissed and say everyone here is conspiring against you because they love the vendor.

For the record, I've never ordered from the vendor, nor do I ever want to. Until Brewmaster's Warehouse blows it, they're my goto. Also, I think 2 weeks is a LONG time to wait for a shipment, but if that was what the website said, I'd suck it up and accept it.

Perhaps expecting your customers to not have parents who are siblings is also too much to ask.

Try custom ordering a luxury car and see if it arrives in 5 days regardless of how much you spent. Stop whining.

I'm waiting on an order as well, and wish I had received it already. However, I'm glad they're doing so well that they're backed up on orders, that guarantees that AHS will continue to be around in the future. They'll learn from this, and get better in the future.

Yeah, I ordered from them a few weeks ago, canceled the order after it didn't ship for a week, the order was canceled, a week later I still haven't gotten a refund.

That was my first order with them, I will give them one more shot.

Not bashing AHS, but NB ships super quick - usually within 24 hours. BMW also ships quickly.

Also if you require a shipment quickly you can always up the shipping to express options.

If I am placing an order online which includes yeast I typically place my order on a Friday night or Saturday. I then find that it ships on a Monday or Tuesday for me to receive on the Friday. This has been my MO for the past couple of years. Nothing worse in hot weather than your package sitting in a UPS/ FedEx terminal all weekend.

We usually ship within 24 hours as well. We received over 1,400 orders in 2 weeks and sold almost 6,000 anniversary kits. Then add the regular kits and other items. Over 15 tons of liquid malt extract (equivelent to 666 kindergartners).

I probably shouldn't sell beer kits below cost with free shipping again. 10 times the normal sales within a couple days.

I have doubled the shipping staff and we work 24 hours with 3 shifts now. Thanks for all of the orders.

A very sincere apology for all of the delays. Many improvements have been made to be ready for a huge surge of orders.

Many amazing deals coming this year. Sign up for the newsletter to keep informed.

Forrest

The only time my order from AHS was delayed was when I ordered while they were moving. other than that, it always showed up a day after it shipped, and they shipped it the day after I ordered.

A lot of people seem to be getting upset on both sides of this.

I ordered from AHS a while ago during the sale and posted about it previously when my brewing day was pushed back because of delays in processing

I just now canceled my second order. I placed it on 4/6/11. It was still processing. I now have the time to stop by my LHBS this weekend so I didn't want to wait the extra processing and shipping time. It was a $100+ free shipping order and I was not about to pay out $50-100 for shipping to get it faster especially when I can take an hour of my time to get it in person.

For me, AHS is a really great place that has great products and they package everything really nicely. And Forrest seems like a really nice guy.

But AHS really overshot things and had a sale that they couldn't handle. And it's really too bad. They are trying to catch up but are still way too slow (IMHO) despite hiring more people.

I don't do kits. So I could care less about their kit sale. I realize that their sale was great for everyone who uses kits. But for everyone else this sale was a complete frustration.

But for everyone else this sale was a complete frustration.

Everyone, huh? :rolleyes: That's a little bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Especially since I wasn't frustrated at all by the sale, and the resulting slower than usual shipping time experienced by some.

Everyone, huh? :rolleyes: That's a little bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Especially since I wasn't frustrated at all by the sale, and the resulting slower than usual shipping time experienced by some.

Like I said "A lot of people seem to be getting upset on both sides of this."

I'm not one of them.

Just voicing my experience.

If you feel I overstated the truth, I hear you.

If you want to argue with someone, look elsewhere.

rebelbrewer.com

I like Rebel Brewer. They're the closest thing I've got to a LHBS, and they're great if I, or someone else from our local club, am planning to drive through Nashville anyway (about 2 hours from Huntsville). But Rebel Brewer doesn't have flat-rate shipping. You can get pretty similar speed with AHBS is you pay for expedited shipping.

Dangit! I went to lunch and ordered an Ice Tea. Can you believe that during the peak business hours for this restaurant, it took a whole 2 minutes to get me that tea? I should have gotten it immediately! That stupid waitress was not accommodating at all! She had some nerve taking care of her previous customers first and then getting to mine. I will never eat there again! :wink:

I love me some Austin Homebrew Supply. Haters gonna hate, though. Keep it up Forrest!

Latest posts

Back