Beware of the barrelbroker.com, its turned into a scam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robotinc

Reaction score
tl;dr: This company has become a scam

I wanted to share my experience to warn fellow brewers.

I purchased a barrel with them in 2014 and things went well, so I figured I'd return for another barrel. I preordered an FEW bourbon barrel in October. When the barrel was due, he contacted me saying that he didn't actually have that barrel, but would I like a rye from the same distiller. Sure, why not I thought. Then there was an issue with that barrel, so why not wait yet another month for another distiller. The barrel was for a group project, and at this point the group wanted to change vendors.

I called and explained that I would like a refund, and the owner agreed. The refund never came however, so I then disputed the transaction with my credit card company. He is now contesting the charge.

Stay away from this vendor

I called and explained that I would like a refund, and the owner agreed. The refund never came however, so I then disputed the transaction with my credit card company. He is now contesting the charge.

Stay away from this vendor

First, the owner agrees to a refund, then contests when you actually try to get your money back by disputing the xaction.

Yup, sleazy.

Back