Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need tickets. You could go to Indy and just take on the whole SB feel of the city. See the sites, get about 40 hookers for your $2600. It'll be fun.

Personally, this is why the SB belongs in "destination cities". No disrespect to the likes of Detroit and Indy but even you leave for winter.

I hear ya but I have done that too many times already. I've been to three Super Bowls and only went to one game (the dreaded '07 season). And the "Super Bowl Experience" is a bit overrated. Two hour long lines to pay a $100 cover to buy $12 Bud Lights at some dump but it's ok cause there is some D-list celebrity is tucked in some corner of the place.

I'll pass

If I go, I'm going to the game.

I hear ya but I have done that too many times already. I've been to three Super Bowls and only went to one game (the dreaded '07 season). And the "Super Bowl Experience" is a bit overrated. Two hour long lines to pay a $100 cover to buy $12 Bud Lights at some dump but it's ok cause there is some D-list celebrity is tucked in some corner of the place.

I'll pass

If I go, I'm going to the game.

Do they open up Gillette stadium for people to come and watch it there on the big screens? I believe I remember hearing that they have plans on doing it in Baltimore if they ever make it. Most likely that is what I would do. It might sound dumb but I would just rather be around 40000 or however many other huge fans instead of at a superbowl party with mostly people that don't really give a damn about football and just want to watch the commercials.

M&t bank holds 72,000 ish fans and I know it'd be packed. Still hurting from that loss......

Like Super Bowl parties. WTF, nobody pays attention! There should be two areas for every party. Those for football, those for yapping and watching commercials :).

Like Super Bowl parties. WTF, nobody pays attention! There should be two areas for every party. Those for football, those for yapping and watching commercials :).

I will be in the area for yapping and watching commercials. I don't care who wins; I hate both teams. Can't wait for Spring Training to start and for March Madness.

M&t bank holds 72,000 ish fans and I know it'd be packed. Still hurting from that loss......

I doubt they would pack it for that which is why I said around 40. They probably wouldn't even open the whole stadium up. They don't when they have practices and scrimmages there and whatnot.

I hear ya Dataz... I dunno if they'll so that at Gillette. My guess is they'll do sonething but screw that, if i'm gonna watch it on TV, I ain't leaving my basement.

I just think it is a rare occasion that "your team" makes the Super Bowl and you never know if/when they'll make it back. Bso you have to think what being there and seeing it live is worth to you. For me, personally, i would scrimp and save two grand, all in, to see it in person and that's what I am going to try to do.

Like I was saying, I can stay out there with a friend for nuthin' and while 15 hours in a truck sucks, its doable.

That leaves... Say.. $1,500 for a ticket and $500 spending cash.

I hear ya Dataz... I dunno if they'll so that at Gillette. My guess is they'll do sonething but screw that, if i'm gonna watch it on TV, I ain't leaving my basement.

I just think it is a rare occasion that "your team" makes the Super Bowl and you never know if/when they'll make it back. Bso you have to think what being there and seeing it live is worth to you. For me, personally, i would scrimp and save two grand, all in, to see it in person and that's what I am going to try to do.

Like I was saying, I can stay out there with a friend for nuthin' and while 15 hours in a truck sucks, its doable.

That leaves... Say.. $1,500 for a ticket and $500 spending cash.

I have heard from multiple people though that going to the game actually kind of sucks. Yeah it would be awesome to be there and watch your team but from what I have heard the atmosphere sucks. It is just a bunch of corporate/rich/celebrities and nobody really gives a damn about the game or gets into it. They are just there because they can and it is the superbowl.

That said I would still probably do all I could to still try and make it to the game.

I'm pretty committed to getting to the 2014 Superbowl in NJ. I figure if I spend $2500 on a ticket, its still a score because I won't be spending money for hotels, flight, etc. I definitely want to go to at least one Superbowl in my lifetime, no matter who's playing. I went to the WS in 2009 and it was an amazing experience. The Superbowl is probably 10 times better.

Do they open up Gillette stadium for people to come and watch it there on the big screens? I believe I remember hearing that they have plans on doing it in Baltimore if they ever make it.

The Yankees did that for the WS in 2009. It's nice, but in all honesty it's a big scam. They get all the concession sales of a real game, without actually hosting a game.

I have heard from multiple people though that going to the game actually kind of sucks. Yeah it would be awesome to be there and watch your team but from what I have heard the atmosphere sucks. It is just a bunch of corporate/rich/celebrities and nobody really gives a damn about the game or gets into it. They are just there because they can and it is the superbowl.

That said I would still probably do all I could to still try and make it to the game.

I was at the last Pats/Giants Super Bowl in absolutel nose bleed seats and if the Pats had won absolutely nothing would have sucked about that experience and I wouldnt have regretted a penny of that trip's cost.

The Yankees did that for the WS in 2009. It's nice, but in all honesty it's a big scam. They get all the concession sales of a real game, without actually hosting a game.

That is why you don't buy anything there. I have a very strict 2 beers per game rule and I rarely ever get that many and I refuse to buy any food there. That is what tailgating is for.

Plus I have also been known to take close to a 12 pack in with me just because I am that much of a cheap bastard.

That is why you don't buy anything there. I have a very strict 2 beers per game rule and I rarely ever get that many and I refuse to buy any food there. That is what tailgating is for.

Plus I have also been known to take close to a 12 pack in with me just because I am that much of a cheap bastard.

How do you even get it in there? Different stadiums I guess. I have a designated plastic flask that 99% of the time passes the wand/scan test and then claim to be the DD so the soft drinks are free. So yea, I'm a cheap bastage as well :p.

I say 99% as it didn't work so well in AZ about two weeks after 911 trying to get into a diamondbacks game. I try to forget that 24 hr event though.

No open containers anywhere in NYC. It's the only good thing about the football teams being from NJ. ;)

That really blows. No wonder NY fans are always so angry.

I am actually pretty sure that Baltimore has the same laws, hell you can't even buy beer in the city on Sundays other than at bars, but they either have an actual exception or just don't enforce it for tailgating.

How do you even get it in there? Different stadiums I guess. I have a designated plastic flask that 99% of the time passes the wand/scan test and then claim to be the DD so the soft drinks are free. So yea, I'm a cheap bastage as well :p.

I say 99% as it didn't work so well in AZ about two weeks after 911 trying to get into a diamondbacks game. I try to forget that 24 hr event though.

They do a pat down but it is only from the waist up. I just wear somewhat baggy cargo pants and I can fit 4-6 beers in the pockets without it being noticeable. I have also been known to be so cheap as to tape the beers to my legs. I brought a 12 pack in that way once. The walk to the stadium and then going all the way up to the upper level really sucked though. They are just cheap BMC beers and my reasoning is that even if I get caught they just make me throw them out and I am out what, maybe $5 worth of beer?

Last couple of years though I have had a connection and able to get into games and no even go through security. Kind of scary when you actually think about it.

I don't have the $$$ to spend on going to the SB. I compare it to going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras (I've been for St. Paddy's day & Halloween though), or the city for New Years Eve. It's more enjoyable to watch it on TV. We used to get together at one of my friends house. Drinks, cigars, food, betting pool, strippers (much better than any other halftime show), etc., unfortunately, he moved to Fla.. Now it's mostly about my numbers in the pool...

A crushing defeat at the hands of the MDTOTM (Most Dominant Team Of The Millenium)... Ray Lewis hobbling around saying, "One more year!!" (really?? can we get him a walker??? Or do you think it'll get in the way of his being the 9th guy in on a tackle??)... and now the coordinator for that Ravens D, their bread and butter... Chuck Pagano is going to Indy!

Jeeeeeeeeez... Dahk days for Dataz... dahk days.

Well... like I keep saying.. on the bright side... at least the MDTOTM is playing in the Super Bowl

MDTOTM (Most Dominant Team Of The Millenium)...

images

images

images

images

:D

Facts don't have to be sexy...

And is it me or has the hype over the Super Bowl been pretty much non-existant so far? It feels like normally you can't take a dump without hearing about it but it feels like way way died down this year.

Its because of the East coast connection. We hate each other, but the rest of the country hates the whole coast a lot more. It's always this way when the whole rest of the country is shut out. Remember the WS in 2000? All they talked about was how bad it was for MLB that only the NY market really cared.

I think it is more of function of people just assuming the Pats are going to win by a lot. Why hype a foregone conclusion?? It's like trying to hype up the sun coming up tomorrow morning.

That could be it about tempering the east coast thing. Plus, there really isn't much of a compelling story line with the matchup other than repeat of '07.

Personally I think they should shut up for week 1 like they are. Focus on college hoops and other stuff. They'd run out of crap to talk about and have nothing for next week. They'll start to ratchet it up ad nauseum by Monday I suspect.

I watch sports center every morning before work and I haven't heard a peep about the Pro Bowl. A good thing, nobody give a **** unless they're giving free flights to watch it.

That could be it about tempering the east coast thing. Plus, there really isn't much of a compelling story line with the matchup other than repeat of '07.

You got it right there. Outside of the Northeast, nobody really cares. Hopefully there will be some decent commercials this year. It's been a few years since there was an abundance of solid advertising material.

Personally I think they should shut up for week 1 like they are. .

Yeah, I totally disagree. I think they should pick one Pats player per day between now and the game and do a 24 hour run of profiling their awesomeness. Tomorrow could be "Welker Day". Sunday "Gronk Day". Brady, Belichick, Law Firm, Hernandez, Wilfork, Mankins... I dont know if there would be enough days to profile allll of the awesomeness but it what they could do would be a lot better than anything they got going on now. Cause, yeah... Like people care about freakin women's basketball!?! Yeah, lets all draw pictures of rainbowd and unicorns and watch women's hoops hightlights. Wrong!!!! 24/7 Pats profiles.

Lets start a petition and see if we can make it happen!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but women's basketball sounds more interesting at this point, and it ranks right below watching grass grow.

Hey Cape, where the hell is my piece of paper. I sent you $100. I'm waiting. Though, I probably missed the footnote saying I needed to print it out myself.

Latest posts

Back