Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooo... AND... and... the Packers will have a better draft pick than the Pats next year so you've got that going for you as well!!

See??? It's like a bonaza of benefits!

Your bitterness is so, so sweet.

So Moto, tells us... What are you going to be drinking at a bar while watching the Packets not play in the Super Bowl?

Shirly Temple perhaps? Sorry, aren't Roy Rogers for boys?

Your bitterness is so, so sweet.

So Moto, tells us... What are you going to be drinking at a bar while watching the Packets not play in the Super Bowl?

Shirly Temple perhaps? Sorry, aren't Roy Rogers for boys?

The kind of bars Moto hangs out in, he'll be chugging a "Semen Slurpee" in a bathroom stall.

jeeze bird, you can't go 5 minutes without posting extremely gay. you should maybe talk to someone about that. what are you guys, in your 30's? usually, people grow out of that stage in high school. freshman year college max.

bitterness? i'm bitter at the packers for not showing up. but, the writing was on the wall - our D was terrible all year and it was gonna catch up to us eventually. we made no effort to get better and got the trouncing we deserved.

patriots couldn't stop flacco from going 80 yards in 1.5 minutes and throwing a game-winning TD that was simply dropped. then they got lucky a pro-bowl kicker choked on a 35 yard field goal. but, i think anyone would agree getting to the superbowl takes a bit of luck.

so, i am not bitter, nor does it surprise me that a morally-ambiguous bostonie (ie, all of them) is happy their morally-ambiguous football team cheated and got lucky to get to the superbowl. i'm sure there's plenty of high-fivin' at the morally-ambiguous bailout water cooler!

LOL!!

whoooo hoooo! we're the most dominant team of the [insert time period that makes us the most dominant team]!!!

oh boston....

Yeah that makes a ton of sense, my team loses so I want other players to get injured. Is it anyone's fault but the Niners that they are not in the SB.

Nope, no ones fault but their own. They gave that game to the Giants, or I guess Kyle Williams gave that game to the Giants. If he fair catches that first muffed punt the Niners win. Still, I kinda feel bad for the guy with all the death threats he got. I said some pretty horrible **** about him last night that I'm not too proud of, but what kind a person threatens an athlete for ****ing up?

Hey Cape and Bird,

Congrats, it was a hell of a ****ing game.

I am just going to leave it at that.

I'll translate. I can't believe we outplayed the patsies the whole game and the freaking kicker cost us the season. Beep, beep, beep, make way, the patsies are backing in to another superbowl.

I'll translate. I can't believe we outplayed the patsies the whole game and the freaking kicker cost us the season. Beep, beep, beep, make way, the patsies are backing in to another superbowl.

Pretty much how I feel about the Giants. Niners gave it away. How exciting to watch 2 teams we've seen do this before and this time they both backed in.

Hey Cape and Bird,

Congrats, it was a hell of a ****ing game.

I am just going to leave it at that.

Yeah... It was nice to watch the Pats dominate yet enother team. I am just glad it ended the way it rightfully should have... after the Ravens got insanely lucky a couple of times to keep it close.

C'mon... that first pick of Brady's??? The ball gets finger-tip tipped as the DB is falling on his azz... and another DB makes a diving bobbling catch. REALLY?? THAT'S not lucky?? They get a fumble recovery on a kick off deep in the Pats zone?? How much luck do you need??

You can't call either of those wins "backing in". Backing in is when another team loses to give you a spot in the playoffs, not when players make mistakes on the field. That's called playing the game. I definitely don't like defending either of these teams, but they won their games, fair and square.

EDIT: Especially the Patriots game. If you're gonna argue the drop, well then what if the Patriots hadn't dropped a few? And if you're arguing the kick, that's pointless because it doesn't say anything about what would have happened in OT.

And to call that a drop anyway is to do a disservice to Sergio Whatshisname... The replays show he clearly had a hand in there.

I know everyone who watches New England has almost forgotten what it looks like when a DB breaks up a pass - but that was a textbook example.

stratslinger said:
And to call that a drop anyway is to do a disservice to Sergio Whatshisname... The replays show he clearly had a hand in there.

I know everyone who watches New England has almost forgotten what it looks like when a DB breaks up a pass - but that was a textbook example.

Sterling Moore, a household name.

Nah, I can't even lie. Neither team outplayed the other. If any one of a number of plays the entire game had gone differently it could have been a totally different game. It really was a hell of a game.

It kills me to root for a NY team, but Come on Gmen!

Nah, I can't even lie. Neither team outplayed the other. If any one of a number of plays the entire game had gone differently it could have been a totally different game. It really was a hell of a game.

Yeah, that was a battle. That game goes into overtime, it's a coin flip (so to speak).

You can tell how much respect BB has for the Ravens. Against the Broncos at the end of the first half, he went for the dagger and got two touchdowns as the half expired. Against the Ravens, with a minute to go and two timeouts, he had Brady take a knee.

One other thing no one's really mentioned; watch the replay right before Cundiff's kick. He's scrambling to get onto the field from ~30 yards upfield. Why wasn't he all warmed up and ready to get on the field - standing next to his coach at the line of scrimmage? Why's he rushing to get into position, why's he scrambling like that? There were like ten seconds on the play clock, and he's still getting in position.

They didn't say anything on the national telecast, but I noticed it and one of the local guys brought it up. Apparently, the warm-up net was way down the sideline, but he should have been all warmed up and ready to go. It's not like his having to kick a field goal was some kind of surprise.

Why isn't his coach taking a timeout to settle things down? They had one, I'm pretty sure. Take a timeout, get everyone settled down.

Seemed like they were in a huge rush to get the kick down, and I've got to wonder if that had an impact.

EDIT: Here. What's taking him so long? He out getting a hot dog or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXh5MCQ1VuE&feature=player_embedded#!

One other thing no one's really mentioned; watch the replay right before Cundiff's kick. He's scrambling to get onto the field from ~30 yards upfield. Why wasn't he all warmed up and ready to get on the field - standing next to his coach at the line of scrimmage? Why's he rushing to get into position, why's he scrambling like that? There were like ten seconds on the play clock, and he's still getting in position.

I didn't see it but someone at work this morning said something about it. I didn't watch any replays of it or anything, I just turned the tv off. He said the same exact thing as you though. They did have another timeout then so I have no idea why it wasn't taken. That is my biggest problem with harbaugh. He is a pretty good coach but he can't manage a game for ****. His time management and some of his decisions are just horrible. That is just another perfect example.

Between that, flacco not running for the first on the prior play, the dropped ball, the no call on the goal line for illegal contact (which really should not have been called anyway since they weren't calling anything all game) made for a whole lot of bad in 20 seconds.

You can see Cundiff scrambling at the beginning of the clip I posted, but I'll understand if you don't want to watch it. Me, I'm going to do my best to avoid David Tyree highlights over the next two weeks. I was REALLY rooting for San Fran to win just so that I wouldn't have to have salt rubbed in those old wounds for the next two weeks.

You can see Cundiff scrambling at the beginning of the clip I posted, but I'll understand if you don't want to watch it. Me, I'm going to do my best to avoid David Tyree highlights over the next two weeks. I was REALLY rooting for San Fran to win just so that I wouldn't have to have salt rubbed in those old wounds for the next two weeks.

Yeah, i'm good. I will take your word for it. It was hard for me to even turn the other game on at the start of the 4th quarter.

the_bird said:

I hear ya. Staying away from ESPN and the NFL network for the next 2 weeks. Waiting on pitchers and catchers to report.

I don't know WHAT you guys are talking about...

I saw the Pats spanking the Ravens from start to finish.

Wasn't even close. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a hater.

Don't forget that huge pile of suck... The New York Jets of New Jersey

I hate the Giant Cape, but in this instance I think I have to root for them. As a Niner fan I cannot abide these silly comparisons of Brady to the Greatest QB of all time, and if Brady wins I'll forever have to hear is Brady better than Joe?

While you boston fans were fapping about bradys new hair style, I already coined the NY <giants/jets> of New Jersey" schtick about 10 pages back. Be classy, be original.

too bad he's got a hat on... you can't see the hair.

haters.jpg

How does season ticket holders play into getting opportunity to buy SB tickets? Lottery or something?

Yeah, lottery.

Luxury boxes are guarenteed a certain number and then the rest go into a lottery. Your number of years with tickets multiplied by the number of seats you have equals the number of chances you have in the lottery.

Needless to say.... I didnt get em.

Two buddies and I are pretty serious about trying to go. We have a free place to stay and are actually thinking aboit driving out (15 hours).

Gotta find tix though and I am not spending the $2,600 per the net is currently showing

Back