Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think this loss was a good thing. Going for 16-0 or 19-0 isn't smart football. Now they can forget about that fool's folly, play to win the NFC and return to the Superbowl.

I would agree, if the collateral damage wasn't so high....

I admit, I haven't checked the injuries in detail, but being down 3 offensive line starters doesn't seem like a solid game plan...

Bernie Brewer said:
They still have a better record than the Pats............

And KC record is better than Buffalos. So ours was a tougher loss. And as an owner of a fine piece of paper now, saying ours is permitted ;).

Cape Brewing said:
And everyone knows what excessive emotions is a big symptom of right??

I'm sure ray Lewis would know.I hope him and t thug didn't try to murder rivers after the game.

Buffalo beat us after destroying *Kansas City* (41-7) to start the season, then beating Oakland, and afterward the Pats game they barely lost to Cinci, beat Philly, and barely lost to the Giants. Those are all pretty decent teams, or at least those are all teams that have looked pretty damn good at times this season.

Kansas City, on the other hand, just got destroyed by the Jets, and had lost five of their past six. Lost to New England by 34-3.

Buffalo was a much better team in week 3 than Kansas City was going into this past weekend. Buffalo has sucked balls since the bye week, but for the first part of the season, they were pretty widely acknowledged as being one of the 8-10 best teams in the league. Nobody's said that about Kansas City since Christian Okoye retired.

But, you know, any given Sunday and all that. Serves the Packers right, there were comments about the undefeated season coming out before the year was half done.

Of course there were. There always is whenever a team starts out like that.

See, I don't remember the Pats saying jack **** about the undefeated season until after the fact. You know that it affected them (they acknowledged as much after the season was over), but I really don't remember anything other than the standard, Belichick-approved "we're just focused on the next opponent, next question" comments at the time.

Everybody knows that Tom Brady doesn't allow any of the black guys on the team to talk.

Speaking of black guys on the Patriots, my new favorite non-Welker, non-Gronk, non-Hernandez receiver is Tiquan Underwood. Have you seen this dude's hair?

In the middle of last week's little Brady-O'Brien dustup...

img_2029.jpg

Epic. Absolutely epic. Rockin' the hi-top fade. He caught a pass yesterday, I jumped up and did a little Kid 'n Play dance.

Everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion that the Packers are going to the super bowl, laughable. Brees won't lose the rematch, mark it down.

_

He's even sporting the lines when he's in the mood.

Untitled1.jpg

That is awesome.

Also bird, You had far too much rationale in your rebuttal so I'll ignore all the effort you put into that response. Doesn't suit my logic (or intended dry humor) :D.

As a pasty white boy from the sticks, I am insanely jealous of that hair. I mean, how the hell do you maintain a high-top fade while wearing a football helmet?

I'm convinced he's growing it out because 6'5" wide receivers get paid a helluva lot more than guys who are 5'11".

See, I don't remember the Pats saying jack **** about the undefeated season until after the fact. You know that it affected them (they acknowledged as much after the season was over), but I really don't remember anything other than the standard, Belichick-approved "we're just focused on the next opponent, next question" comments at the time.

I thought you were talking about the media. Quite frankly, I didn't hear much talk about it from the players until the last couple weeks, and then only when asked about it. McCarthy has made a point of saying that the goals they set at the beginning of the season come first, and a perfect season would only be a nice bonus.

Woodson.

“We can talk about it,” Woodson said, smiling. “I don’t care. We’re 8-0. We’d love to be 16-0 – love to. It’s a realistic conversation now. We’re halfway there. So yeah, let’s talk about it.”

I asked Woodson, the team’s unquestioned leader on the defensive side of the ball, if he’d talked about the hunt for an unblemished record with his offensive counterpart, quarterback Aaron Rodgers(notes).

“Yeah, at times,” Woodson said. “We know what we want.”

Woodson then specified precisely what he wanted: Predictably, it wasn’t to match the Pats, who won their first 18 games before suffering a stunning Super Bowl XLII upset to the Giants, but to join the 1972 Dolphins (who went 17-0) as the only untied, undefeated champions in NFL history.

“I’d love to go undefeated,” Woodson said, his voice rising. “I’d absolutely love to. Not just the regular season – the whole thing.”

Also related:
Perfect Packers? Charles Woodson Says 19-0 the Goal for Green Bay | Bleacher Report

I don't think it is a forgone conclusion, especially with the O-line in disarray and only 2 healthy RB's.

You guys couldn't run worth a **** last year, and it didn't stop you!

Packers' main issue is the same with New England - being able to consistently play defense. Pats looked the worst I have ever seen any football team in the first quarter, but were outstanding thereafter. Friggin' fourteen games in, and I'm still not sure if they actually can play D when it matters or not.

Everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion that the Packers are going to the super bowl, laughable. Brees won't lose the rematch, mark it down.

_

You put it on the interwebs so... I never think anythings a lock until it's over. Be interested to see how Vegas adjusts after yesterday.

Super Bowl Odds | 2012 Super Bowl Odds Favorites | Vegas Odds to win the Super Bowl

I couldn't believe GB was running at 3/2 odds. That's probably NE odds going when they were undefeated though.

You guys couldn't run worth a **** last year, and it didn't stop you!

Packers' main issue is the same with New England - being able to consistently play defense. Pats looked the worst I have ever seen any football team in the first quarter, but were outstanding thereafter. Friggin' fourteen games in, and I'm still not sure if they actually can play D when it matters or not.

Key was zero turnovers as well. That's been the saving grace and points taken or getting the ball back to the O. Romeo set them up well.

I couldn't believe GB was running at 3/2 odds. That's probably NE odds going when they were undefeated though.

I don't remember the specific odds, but remember one thing about the Pats in 2007 - they were fourth-best in the league in both yards and points allowed. The Pats in 2007 and the Packers in 2011 were both offenses for the ages (although I'm biased; I've never seen anything like Brady-to-Moss, including Rodgers this year). The Pats defense was exposed in the Super Bowl, but I think it's fair to say that they were a much more complete team during 2007 regular season than the Pack have been to this point (or the '11 Patriots, to this point).

Key was zero turnovers as well. That's been the saving grace and points taken or getting the ball back to the O. Romeo set them up well.

Saw a stat this morning.

Since 2001, when the Pats win the turnover battle they are 101-4.

I mean, you don't have to be a rocker surgeon to know that turnovers are important, but 101-4 when you get at least one more takeaway than the opponent?

It always seems like the best regular season team always finds a way to not win the SB. I am bias but I like the Steelers chances as long as Ben is in the game. The Defense is just starting to come together with their young players and will have the full compliment of LBs going into the post which hasn't happened many times this season. Offensively Wallace and Brown have become stars. They are healthy at all the positions. Like I said as long as its not Charlie Batch behind center they will be strong on all sides. It's on mofos. The Steelers shine in the playoffs.

Defense is slowly disappearing all over the league because of all the rules that favor the offense, especially the QB. When the aggressive, hard-knocks playing of old gets you 30 yards in penalties every drive now, how is defense supposed to even matter? It's become a game of who can score more points in every high scoring game. It's exactly how the league wants it to be.

Don't get me wrong, I think a guy like James Harrison deserves to get penalties for trying to end other players' careers on every snap, but the offense is totally coddled nowadays and its shows bigtime when the best teams in the league have defenses made of string and running games that couldn't win a high school game.

They definitely are on the lower end of the "battle to the bottom" (my new catch phrase) of defense, but look around the whole league. Who really has a "lights out" defense? Baltimore? That's about it. Jets show flashes of good defense, sometimes. But really ALL the defenses blow this year and I think it's gonna be a permanent trend.

Back