Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm OK with the suspensions, but going forward. You can't change the rules and then suspend a player retroactively. Harrison, Meriweather, et al should get a stern "no more!" lecture from the commish, but should play next weekend.

They can suspend them under the existing rules though, the new rules will just makes it easier and more common. As it is now, you can be suspended for up to 4 days due to your on field actions.

0mumuvctvbkoi.jpg

Hahahahahahaha! Classic, Data

BTW, where's your avatar? Did you let your subscription expire on purpose? If so, well played. hahahahahaha!

I almost did but just can't spend that much right now. We need to save every cent we can right now.

Now, if everyone was willing to contribute to that I wouldn't complain.

Ok, just to take a break for a serious note for a minute.

How much did you guys end up raising for babalu?

Something like $3,500, I think.

Still pissed I didn't get Cape's tickets to the Pats/Vikings game. Should have brought MY daughter to pull the names from the basket - could have taught her how to rig a damn raffle (keep feeling around for the ticket with the small tear in the corner, dear).

I'm not sure - Cape can probably answer. I know a good chunk of that was the raffle tickets, those were something close to $2k at the start of the party and there were more than a few sold there.

You should have come up, it's only a six-hour trip for you (three hours for me).

I actually did consider for a minute. If you guys keep doing them I might come up sometime. My sister is actually in Boston so I could use visiting her as an excuse.

I guess as an Auburn student I need to say something to the effect of "Cam Newton is black Jesus." Yea, that sums it up.

War Cam Eagle!

SEC football is where it's at!

I was raised an Auburn fan, but since half of my family is for Alabama and half is for Auburn, i decided at an early age that i wanted to fight with both sides and chose LSU.
My wife, who is from Mississippi, decided to be an Auburn fan, but this weekend won't be that tense, i will most likely be pulling for Auburn. I want the Auburn Tigers to show the nation what SEC football is like and how these teams that put up these huge numbers against "nobody teams", have no clue.

Hey Dataz... we raised about $3,500 just from the raffle. I'm not sure how much else had been raised from straight donations. I think it was pretty amazing that we raised that much. My mother was actually crying the other night when i was telling her about how incredible the homebrew community has been about the whole. Not only the folks sending donations and buying raffle tickets but the amount of stuff that people have donated in terms of prizes. It's been really amazing to see the good side of people... especially a lot of people that don't know Jeff from a hole in the wall. FrankW has had tickets sold, prizes donated and straight donations from coast to coast in the US and I know he got one very generous donation from a homebrewer in France.

I want the Auburn Tigers to show the nation what SEC football is like and how these teams that put up these huge numbers against "nobody teams", have no clue.

I'll tell you what it's like, a good conference in a down year. Not many good teams. Auburn is better than LSU, they're smoke and mirrors. It's basically a two team conference this year.

We'll see how good you really are on November 6th.

Hey Dataz... we raised about $3,500 just from the raffle. I'm not sure how much else had been raised from straight donations. I think it was pretty amazing that we raised that much. My mother was actually crying the other night when i was telling her about how incredible the homebrew community has been about the whole. Not only the folks sending donations and buying raffle tickets but the amount of stuff that people have donated in terms of prizes. It's been really amazing to see the good side of people... especially a lot of people that don't know Jeff from a hole in the wall. FrankW has had tickets sold, prizes donated and straight donations from coast to coast in the US and I know he got one very generous donation from a homebrewer in France.

That really is ****ing awesome. I can't imagine what kind of expenses his family is going to have from this and every bit helps.

I am curious as to what has been the biggest surprise of the NFL this year? For me it has been the Chargers. Granted there is still a lot of time, but they have not been consistent. Next it would be the Bungles. Finally it is the Cowboys. Personally, I am relishing in the fact that the Cowboys SUCK.

I also have to add the fact that Justin Bieber making fun of Tom Brady. How humiliating! Maybe JB can write a new song when the Steelers beat the Pats.

Gotta say Seattle's been a huge surprise for me. Sure, they're not superbowl bound or anything, but I wasn't expecting them to actually compete like they are now.

I would say the biggest surprise for me has been the Rams followed by the Vikings. Cowboys aren't much of a surprise. I knew they would suck.

How is it possible that San Diego is a three point FAVORITE today? Even our resident Chargers fan here has given up on them. I know San Diego's had some success at home, and last year New England was pretty terrible on the road... but really? Calling a 4-1 team (coming off two HUGE wins) and a 2-4 team (coming off losses to St. Louis and OAKLAND) basically a coin-flip?

Really?

Dataz, can I get the ## of your bookie? ;)

How is it possible that San Diego is a three point FAVORITE today? Even our resident Chargers fan here has given up on them. I know San Diego's had some success at home, and last year New England was pretty terrible on the road... but really? Calling a 4-1 team (coming off two HUGE wins) and a 2-4 team (coming off losses to St. Louis and OAKLAND) basically a coin-flip?

Really?

Dataz, can I get the ## of your bookie? ;)

I saw that and was really confused too but after thinking about it I am thinking about taking chargers -3. The way I see it when you look at a line and something seems way too good to be true it usually is. The books always know more than we do.

The three points are basically the default for home field, right? So betters are saying that, in a neutral field, San Diego and New England are basically 50/50?

I just don't see that. I'll be shocked (and disappointed) if New England loses today. Other than the fact San Diego had two blowout wins at home... but c'mon, those were against Jacksonville and Arizona (starting Max ****ing Hall).

Plus, injuries. Antonio Gates (the one guy that the Pats worry about the most) hasn't practiced all week and is a game-time decision. Floyd and Naanee aren't expected to play. Who's Rivers going to throw the ball to?

Do what you want, but MAN, I'd be cautious going for the Chargers this week. IF they were the 'dog, maybe... but unless you think New England's going to let down (I don't), I don't see San Diego with much chance of winning.

I don't understand it at all, and usually yeah they give 3 points for being at home. I am just saying that in my experience things that you don't understand usually means the book knows something you don't. It is lines like that, that scare the hell out of me. I look at that and want to dump everything I have on NE but oddsmakers aren't stupid and it is like that for a reason.

HA! I just looked into it more and that game is showing reverse line movement too but most people will jump on because of that. Normally when a majority of people bet one side of a game the books will adjust the line to try and even it out on both sides. If they don't move it or move it in the opposite direction it is reverse line movement and a lot of betters will jump on it just because of that.

I am looking at that game opened at most books at -2.5. As of right now about 76% of people are betting on NE but the line has gone to -3.

I don't understand it at all, and usually yeah they give 3 points for being at home. I am just saying that in my experience things that you don't understand usually means the book knows something you don't. It is lines like that, that scare the hell out of me. I look at that and want to dump everything I have on NE but oddsmakers aren't stupid and it is like that for a reason.

Which is why everyone should bet Notre Dame's opponent....Vegas knows that people will usually bet with "popular" teams regardless of line...

I know the West Coast going to East Coast has always been a huge factor - maybe that's one of the reasons?

Back