Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The three points are basically the default for home field, right? So betters are saying that, in a neutral field, San Diego and New England are basically 50/50?

I just don't see that. I'll be shocked (and disappointed) if New England loses today. Other than the fact San Diego had two blowout wins at home... but c'mon, those were against Jacksonville and Arizona (starting Max ****ing Hall).

Plus, injuries. Antonio Gates (the one guy that the Pats worry about the most) hasn't practiced all week and is a game-time decision. Floyd and Naanee aren't expected to play. Who's Rivers going to throw the ball to?

Do what you want, but MAN, I'd be cautious going for the Chargers this week. IF they were the 'dog, maybe... but unless you think New England's going to let down (I don't), I don't see San Diego with much chance of winning.

I don't care what the line is, if NE loses this one they should sit the rest of the season out.

Favre looked real good last night...

The Browns played pretty well yesterday, too. How's that IPA coming along.
The only thing better than sipping on a nice home made IPA in January is sipping on a nice HOMER made IPA in January.:p

I think you're confusing luck with compassion. The Pats walked into San Diego knowing the game was in the bag and basically figured, "you know... we've had some bad blood with this team but this is our chance to extend a bit of a olive branch... so.. we won't beat them TOO bad, especially since they'll be 2-5 and dead last in their division after this". And then the Pats made it interesting for some of the game. That's all.

I mean... can you imagine how demoralizing it would have been if the Pats had scored on every turnover they forced?? Good God. It would have crushed the Chargers' souls.

Nah... the Pats decided to take the high road and now the Chargers can say, "of course we lost... we were playing the Pats... but we came within three points of the greatest team of this millenium... so that's good!"

See?

Compassion.

belichick's an idiot. actually i just looked up the pats defensive stats. How are they 30th ranked defense in passing yards and 29th overall? either way, mathematically, that was still the wrong call.

regardless I'm a full-fledged pats fan next week. so, brady's the king, dataz go f*ck yourself, etc.

pats got lucky.

favre sucks. so does rodgers.

Why does Rodgers suck, all those miscommunication passes? Definitely wierd. Maybe he's still cobweb brain from the concussion? Don't think I've ever seen that many wrong route tosses in a game ever.

exactly. what the heck is going on? I put a lot of that blame on coaching. mccarthy needs to ride these guys hard. he's such a big turd. rodgers just needs to get his act together. aside from the ghost passes he threw a bunch that were just off the mark. also has 9 ints on the season.

offense didn't score a single point in the entire second half.

also interesting, Ryan Fitzpatrick has a higher average QB rating than Tom Brady, and Brett Favre is the 30th ranked QB in the NFL right now.

I hope (well no, not really) that you all got your screen shots of me with that gay avatar saved because it is gone for good!

The Browns played pretty well yesterday, too. How's that IPA coming along.
The only thing better than sipping on a nice home made IPA in January is sipping on a nice HOMER made IPA in January.:p

Detroit has lost more, but they have lost by not much. We'll see.

On the other hand, we are talking about a couple of pretty bad teams. So I guess I better get back to putting that hop filter in use...

Stick a fork in Wade Phillips imo.

The only question is - if the season is lost (it is), better to fire him now, or to wait until the offseason? You know Bill Cowher is the successor, it's just a question of whether it's better to make the change mid-season or at year-end.

EDIT: Josh McDaniels has to be on pretty thin ice, too, right?

I assumed Cowher-power wanted Fox's job in Carolina just so he can be as close to home as possible. This might be the year that gets Fox fired.

Redskin's already got the guy I wanted. Chucky maybe?

I don't see much reason to fire Phillips unless there is a viable replacement to be had. Jason Garrett was supposed to be the successor but he doesn't look ready (not sure he ever will be).

I made a 'fun' prediction preseason: Del Rio will be the Cowboys next defensive coordinator.:p

Just for the record, I agree with Chilly. The Packers-Vikings game was awfully refereed. The touchdown they took away was a travesty and there were several weird calls and miscalls.

That said I am proud of the Pack for pulling it out. For crying out loud they are playing offensive lineman on the D-line on a regular basis. Also, on those plays they ran right at him and beat him every time. (Its OK T.J. Lang I am sure you tried your best)

I wonder who will be the Pats coach next year? Oh, that's right... one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL.

I forgot there for a second.

I was thinking about something the other day.

Is there any coach, in any professional sport, who's got more job security than BB? He could eat another baby on live TV and Kraft wouldn't fire him.

yawn%20big%20funny.jpg

Cripes, can't you do better than that? We award originality around this here thread.

lol, not really, I'm kind of busy at work

regardless, you guys are in bed with a cheater. so....have fun with that

I wonder who will be the Pats coach next year? Oh, that's right... one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL.

I forgot there for a second.

I was thinking about something the other day.

Is there any coach, in any professional sport, who's got more job security than BB? He could eat another baby on live TV and Kraft wouldn't fire him.

yawn%20big%20funny.jpg

Speaking of originality. You two sound like a broken record.

Hey they're only 1 game out of first place in their division, and that's without their star running back.

My Seahawks are in first place in their division, and only a half game behind the best record in their conference. Should I be making Super Bowl plans yet? ;)

Back