Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are all on crack.

nobody gives a sh*t about brady. poster child of the NFL? The only thing I heard or saw about brady this year was when i watched that family guy episode where he's in it.

give me a break

and the refs throw (threw? :) ) just as many questionable flags on favre's behalf. or manning's....or.....EVERY OTHER QB IN THE F-ING LEAGUE!

you guys are all on crack.

nobody gives a sh*t about brady. poster child of the NFL? The only thing I heard or saw about brady this year was when i watched that family guy episode where he's in it.

give me a break

and the refs throw (threw? :) ) just as many questionable flags on favre's behalf. or manning's....or.....EVERY OTHER QB IN THE F-ING LEAGUE!

except my homiue romo would get hit low or on the helmet and no flag would ever be thrown. Tom Brady needs to stop wining and play some damn football

Yea, pretty much. They made the rule for him, and they only call it for him. They even reach for their flag when he tells them to. The video shows that. If it looks like a duck, and whines for a flag like a duck...

Rule was in place before Brady got hurt.
Nobody is paying $100/ticket to watch back up QB's

ss-100207-sb-21.ss_full.jpg

Just had to share :D

Balls are touching.............................:fro:

Rule was in place before Brady got hurt.
The rule was amended with a stipulation giving the ref's the ability to make a "judgment" call. judgment calls that give 15 yard penalties and a fresh set of downs change the course of the game. THE REFS SHOULD REF AND NOT AFFECT THE ACTUAL GAME. Tim Donaghy is a good example of why this is important.
Nobody is paying $100/ticket to watch back up QB's
That's just moronic. You want to watch a sport where no one gets hurt, watch golf. But since you just want to watch Tom chuck touchdowns to Randy all day, just go to a preseason practice. Does everyone in new england really think brady walks on water? why is everyone so adamant about defending him? its just baffling...

Do you seriously expect the refs to not exercise any judgement in when to call flags? Really? 'Cause that's kinda what every official, in every sport, does to one degree or another. Refs decide when incidental contract is pass interference. Refs decide how much holding is too much. Umpires decide balls and strikes. Basketball refs use their judgement in assessing personal fouls, blocking versus charging calls, etc.

You REALLY don't think the league wants to protect Drew Brees and Peyton Manning and every other good QB in the league? You really think the league's incentive is to protect the New England Patriots SPECIFICALLY, and not all of the league's star quarterbacks? The guys that are on the other fifteen games each weekend that the league wants to sell out and to have huge TV ratings on?

Seriously, why do people seem to think that the New England Patriots are somehow worthy of being granted special protections? Why would the League care if the Patriots do well, instead of any of the other teams that are also in major media markets? I don't get that...

The rule was amended with a stipulation giving the ref's the ability to make a "judgment" call. judgment calls that give 15 yard penalties and a fresh set of downs change the course of the game. THE REFS SHOULD REF AND NOT AFFECT THE ACTUAL GAME. Tim Donaghy is a good example of why this is important.
That's just moronic. You want to watch a sport where no one gets hurt, watch golf. But since you just want to watch Tom chuck touchdowns to Randy all day, just go to a preseason practice. Does everyone in new england really think brady walks on water? why is everyone so adamant about defending him? its just baffling...

ALL NFL penalty calls are judgement calls, there is no black and white only grey.
Stoplights affect traffic, refs affect games.................. BECAUSE OF RULES

Walks on water, no but name me a list of other quarterbacks who have helped their teams win three Superbowls and then tell me what the general public thinks of those players. Maybe then you'll understand.
Bottom line, nobody wants QB's to get hurt it takes away from the game and that is why they are the most protected players on the field.

Golfers get hurt pretty regularly for playing in a no contact sport:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-1263392.html

I understand that most calls are judgment calls, I just dont like it when the ref's judgment is influenced by anything other that the actual event. Someone dives for bradys knees, you dont pull the flag. brady waves for a flag, he gets one. yes, i have a problem with that. The same problem i have with tickytack calls like PI and hitting someone out of bounds. You hit someone out of bounds on your own sideline= no commotion= no flag. Hit someone out on THEIR sideline= big commotion= flag. In what world does that make sense. For the record, I have a problem with ANYONE who is shown favorable treatment by any ref in any sport. INCLUDING but not limited to: Brady, Manning(s), Brees, etc. The reasons I believe the pats get special treatment are: The tuck rule and the Brady rules. Until you can show me specific examples of how other teams get this kind of leeway, i will continue to believe this.

illegal procedure is not a judgment call. 12 men on the field is not a judgment call. explain.

OK most NFL pelaties are judgement calls.
12 men on the field is wishy washy, I've seen it called with the guy having one foot on the field, technically he is out of bounds and not on the field of play.

Colts get more pass interference calls in their favor than any other team.
Colts are called for holding (O-line) less than any other team.

Colts get more pass interference calls in their favor than any other team.
Colts are called for holding (O-line) less than any other team.
Did you ever think that maybe Manning is really good at placing a pass just short so the receiver that comes back and get the call. Or maybe their O-line works extra hard to NOT hold. Sticking with the Colts, just think of all the times Freeney has been held coming off the end and it's never called.

Also, the rule wasn't created for Brady. It *was* done after the '05 season when Carson Palmer was taken out at the knees in the playoffs. The rule was amended last year so that it must be called now no matter how the defensive player gets below the knee. Before it was a judgment call if the defensive player was pushed into the QB.

brady waves for a flag, he gets one. .

blah blah blah... this is a huge steaming pile of bullsh!t.

Like I said earlier... look at every single f'in wide receiver in the NFL and how often they call for a pass interference penalties... and get them.

Saying Brady gets special treatment is just plain freakin retahdid.

thinking big dog teams DONT get special treatment is whats retarded. Its rampant in football. Look at the SEC conference. Look at the Texas-Nebraska big 12 champ game. Its rampant in other sports. Look at LeBron James in the NBA. Sidney Crosby in the NHL. They all get calls B-list players DO NOT get. You're a myopic fool if you think otherwise

No the issue is that bad calls are rampant in EVERY game. The problem is all you ever see is SEC football, the Pats/Colts/Steelers/Giants, the Big 12 games, and LeBron, because those are the games people want to watch on TV. You're not going to get a Seahawks/Brown game on Monday night so you won't see the crappy calls in that game.

...Someone dives for bradys knees, you dont pull the flag. brady waves for a flag, he gets one. yes, i have a problem with that...

I'm as much a Brady-Hater as anyone, but if you look at any of those calls, you can see the ref is reaching for the flag before Brady even looks at him.

I agree that there probably is some bias towards some players and teams, but to say that there is an outright league-wide policy to protect a certain player is a bit of a stretch.

Ugh, I'm siding with Cape, bablu and Bird. I feel so dirty!! :drunk:

I'm as much a Brady-Hater as anyone, but if you look at any of those calls, you can see the ref is reaching for the flag before Brady even looks at him.

really? looks like his hand isn't reaching for anything until brady points, then fist pumps in all his pansy skirt wearing happiness...

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, I go G-Men all the way. More than that, as a New Yorker, I genetically have to hate all things Boston...

but there is no Brady-is-God conspiracy in the NFL. sure some players get more leeway than others, it happens in all sports. Look at Shaq in the NBA. but there is no underground initiation ceremony where a bunch of refs in togas strip down the newest member of the group, flog him, and make him swear to Brady the God of Passing that no harm shall come to him.

Ugh, I'm siding with Cape, bablu and Bird. I feel so dirty!! :drunk:

welcome to the dahk side... we've been expectin' you.

I can absolutely understand people hatin' on the Pats. They've had a lot of success. Brady is a freakin' pretty-boy that spends his time shooting magazine covers. They were media-darlings for much of the 00's. Spygate. Belichick ain't exactly Mr. Cleaver. Like ANY team that has had a lot of success, a lot of Pats fans probably turned into total d-bags (pronouced "yankee fan"). I get it. It's bit like the old Cowboys teams. You either loved them or HATED them. The Pats are HATED. I get it.

But some people just have an obsessive hate that's just f'in creepy and weird. Seriously... watch some hockey or something. Get your mind off of the Pats. Jeez, you're gonna end up in a room tuckin' your junk between your legs doing the Buffalo Bill dance from Silence of the Lambs while stomping on Brady pictures in a pair of high heels.

It's not freakin' healthy dude.

But some people just have an obsessive hate that's just f'in creepy and weird. Seriously... watch some hockey or something. Get your mind off of the Pats. Jeez, you're gonna end up in a room tuckin' your junk between your legs doing the Buffalo Bill dance from Silence of the Lambs while stomping on Brady pictures in a pair of high heels.

:rolleyes: seriously? ok man, you win. lol...

your anti-brady-hate is just as weird and creepy.

welcome to the dahk side... we've been expectin' you.

I can absolutely understand people hatin' on the Pats. They've had a lot of success. Brady is a freakin' pretty-boy that spends his time shooting magazine covers. They were media-darlings for much of the 00's. Spygate. Belichick ain't exactly Mr. Cleaver. Like ANY team that has had a lot of success, a lot of Pats fans probably turned into total d-bags (pronouced "yankee fan"). I get it. It's bit like the old Cowboys teams. You either loved them or HATED them. The Pats are HATED. I get it.

Ain't it the truth. I was soooo rooting for the Pats vs. the 'greatest show on turf' (and loved the Tom Brady story)...now not so much.

This year I was rooting for the Saints but if they keep winning SBs that'll prob change too. I've already about heard enough 'Who Dat...'.

Yea, I was rooting Saints, but thier fans are #3 on my list of NFL fans that really need to knock it down a few notches.

In case you're curious, my top 5 annoying fan base list is: Cowboys, Raiders, Saints, Patriots, and a tie for 5 with both NY teams.

i don't find saints fans annoying.

they finally got one, let em have it.

+1.

Hope Drew Brees scores a supermodel and starts getting some recognition. Not sure there's a better QB in the league (yes, including Brady). Gotta like that he's never really gotten the respect he deserved (still don't understand why San Diego decided he was the problem).

+1.

Hope Drew Brees scores a supermodel and starts getting some recognition. Not sure there's a better QB in the league (yes, including Brady). Gotta like that he's never really gotten the respect he deserved (still don't understand why San Diego decided he was the problem).
His wife is pretty hot.

IMO, Brees is a far better QB post-shoulder injury than before. He was good before, now he's great.

EDITED to remove ginormous picture and just leave a link.

Hey Guys,
Before ya'll start blowing each other, a couple of things.
I have enjoyed this thread as much as any other thread on HBT. I looked forward to reading the great clownings on here. Anyway, do ya'll think we should asked to have the thread locked and restart next year during preseason? Either this thread or a new one. If it's a new one, we can argue about misquoting this one, amoung other things. Just a thought. Now ya'll can go back to talking about the weather and stuff since if you're a Pat, Jag, or Chargers fan, you don't know $h!t about football.

Gotta like that he's never really gotten the respect he deserved (still don't understand why San Diego decided he was the problem).

I don't think SD ever thought he was a problem. '04 he had an average year, so we drafted Rivers. End of '05 he dislocated his shoulder (because Marty didn't bench him in a meaningless game) and most doctors said he wouldn't be able to throw again. His contract was up and we had Rivers so he was let go.

I still think it was the right decision. I don't think even Drew could turn this team around....

Brady is now healthy from the knee surgery. Welker is ALREADY in training camp and working out at full speed he'll be back much sooner than folks were thinking. And if Welker is not at full speed... fine... they've got Edelman to take a ton of the pressure off of Welker and bring him along slowly. Randy Moss - Contract year. They finally have a freakin' tight end on Gronkowski that is supposed to be able to actually catch a ball.

Anyone who doesn't think the Pats are quickly returning to the place of utter dominance they've held for the last decade or so, this year... is a stupid crackhead... who's on crack as they type a response... and who's response will be utterly riduculous because of the amount of crack they're on and the distraction of their need to get more crack.

BOOK IT

I am really surprised that you would show your face in this thread this year Cape. This won't be a fun place for Pats fans this year.

Hell, I think we will need to get a sump pump in here so the place doesn't get flooded from all of the pats fans tears.

Back