Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, watched all three. I was even cheering for them in the one against the rams(titans fan) Tom Brady has never thrown a game winning touchdown in a superbowl. Adam Vinatieri won all three of those games.

Show me a QB with better numbers

Code:
16 27 59.3% 145 1 0 86.2 
32 48 66.7% 354 3 1 100.5 
23 33 69.7% 236 2 0 110.2 
29 48 60.4% 266 1 0 82.5

3-1 in Superbowls

Kickers kick
Quarterbacks put them in the position to do so

no, watched all three. I was even cheering for them in the one against the rams(titans fan) Tom Brady has never thrown a game winning touchdown in a superbowl. Adam Vinatieri won all three of those games.

That's ridiculous. That's like saying General Patton never won a battle because he didn't fire a single bullet.

In the immortal words of Hurricane Peter McNeeley...

You all have a big dump in your pants.

Gimme a freakin' break. YES, technically he didn't throw a "game winning TD" but that's a freakin' ridiculous statement.

It's like saying Drew Brees didn't throw the game winning "point" last night. He didn't. The kicker kicked the extra point.

TECHNICALLY... I apologize, you're absolutely right. From a practical standpoint... it's a stupid comment.

PS... for anyone who didn't get the Peter McNeeley reference: http://wcvarones.blogspot.com/2009/05/hurricane-peter-mcneeleyyou-have-big.html

Easily one of the greatest sports quotes in the history of man-kind.

guys... send me your pics... I'll add 'em to the below

cry.JPG

In the immortal words of Hurricane Peter McNeeley...

You all have a big dump in your pants.

Gimme a freakin' break. YES, technically he didn't throw a "game winning TD" but that's a freakin' ridiculous statement.

It's like saying Drew Brees didn't throw the game winning "point" last night. He didn't. The kicker kicked the extra point.

TECHNICALLY... I apologize, you're absolutely right. From a practical standpoint... it's a stupid comment.

If we're being technical, Brees DID throw the game winning point. the game winning point was point number 18 which came from his pass to Shockey. Technically.

I think the guy on the grassy knoll destroyed the Pats video tapes... you know... the ones showing Belichick clubbing baby seals while flipping through other teams' playbooks.

No more than what has been made for the f'in pansy Colts players... people seem to have selective memories about the Pats. Everyone seems to forgot Bill Polian having a crying hissy-fit to the league back a few years ago when the Pats secondary ws putting the Colts WRs on their azzes.

Brady never cryed to the league. He got hurt. Period. End of conversation. The league took it upon themselves to then make up the no-hitting-the-knees rule.

And here's your stat: 0. It had nothing to do with Brady specifically. He was just an example of a QB that got hurt by a specific type of play...which they then went back and made a rule against.

there... no you know more about it.

So that's whining to the LEAGUE? Tom Brady is saying 'HEY.. NFL!! Make a rule for me!"
Yea, pretty much. They made the rule for him, and they only call it for him. They even reach for their flag when he tells them to. The video shows that. If it looks like a duck, and whines for a flag like a duck...

Yea, pretty much. They made the rule for him, and they only call it for him. They even reach for their flag when he tells them to. The video shows that. If it looks like a duck, and whines for a flag like a duck...

LOL... ok.. so Brady blew out his knee and what? Called the league while he was rehabbing "Hey Rog'... it's Tommy... listen... I need a new rule here. Make it just for me and don't call it for everyone else"

And the league made the rule... for HIM...

And now... unlike every WR in the league who IMMEDIATELY turns around on every single broken up play motioning for the refs to toss a pass-interference flag... BRADY has the ability to actually influence the refs and they throw a flag for him when he asks for it.

LOL!!!

It is nice in your little world?

did they make the rule when carson palmer blew out his knee THE EXACT same way? No. And marvin lewis is on the the rules committee. ok, so, no brady himself probably did not call, you are eating mushrooms if you dont think bob kraft or belichick or stuart fry was on the horn the second that MRI came back...

Sooo... Carson Palmer blows out his knee.. then Brady... and your theory is that Bob Kraft or someone called the league and said, "Hey... we can't have these marque players get hurt like this, let's make a rule"

... and then enough representatives from OTHER teams... agreed, a rule was drafted and then enacted...

... so that makes BRADY some kind of pansy who has rules made for him and can get a flag whenever he wants.

I'm still struggling to see how this is Brady's fault and how you can be so incredibly bitter about him.

The guy had his knee blown out... the league made a rule to try to protect ALL QBs from the type of hit that blew his knee out... and this is Brady's FAULT somehow??

... so that makes BRADY some kind of pansy who has rules made for him and can get a flag whenever he wants.
exactly.
I'm still struggling to see how this is Brady's fault and how you can be so incredibly bitter about him.
Brady is the star among stars. he's the poster child for the NFL. I dont think its outside the realm of possibility for them to make a rule just for him and only call it for him. 3 weeks ago the refs lost their whistles when Favre was getting knocked around. did you see him getting up and begging for a flag AND getting one? no. Even after a diving blow to the legs. A LA THE BRADY RULE. I can understand you taking up for him, you're a homer. thats cool. But the people not drinking the pats kool-aid see it in another light.

Back