Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What newcomer? I've been off HBT for a week or so. Let me guess, another diehard always believed in them and not all a bandwagoney Pats fan?

That said.... total conspiracy by Goodell and the refs to screw the Pats out of a perfect season. How bad would that make that raging ****** nozzle Goodell look? Evil Mastermind Tom Brady... who ruined the league with his massive cheating conspiracy (on par with the Chicago Black Sox scandal) goes back to back super bowl wins with a perfect season sandwiched in between?

Riiiiiiiight.

"Uh-oh... broncos look like they are gonna lose! Quick, phantom bullshti holding call in the endzone and give em the game!"

Jealous haters.

Because my team is 6-5 and Houston has the head-to-head tiebreaker for the last wild card spot. A team that had two pathetic Brady wanna-be-QBs and one wanna-be-Belicheat coach. Yeah, so what. I'm jelly that my teams sucks all ****ing day. But I'm not wasting my time on here crying about having a 10-1 record. Someday, soon, the Pats will lose Brady. Then you'll go back to to the good old 80's / early 90's days of the Pats when both the Pats and Jets sucked equally and did stupid, stupid things.

Doubtful... The aura of Brady's pure awesomeness will linger for decades after he's gone, propelling the Pats to several more SB wins.... while the Jets linger in the stank that is Geno Smith

I think this loss will work out for the best. Pats can take the rest of the season off, get everyone still available healthy for the playoffs and crush a second consecutive Super Bowl. It would be pretty fun to end the Panthers 18-0 season in the Super Bowl. It's not like any team west of the Mississippi is going to Santa Clara.

im done blaming the refs, yest they were atrocious, but not why they lost. they let an un-drafted rookie with 2 career games go in to catch a 4th quarter punt in the snow, blame mcdaniels play calling on that drive where gronk got injured, probably should have run the ball forcing Denver to use its last timeout and burn up some clock and getting past the 2 min warning. all in all just a poor showing from a team that is usually near flawless in game prep.

I don't know. Stealing Bill Parcels and Curtis Martin seem like good moves. Apparently lucking into a hall-of-fame QB in the 7th round is "a good move".

Who cares. If the Pats knew he was going to be so great they would have taken him in the 1st. They lucked into him, pure and simple. When he's gone, the Pats are going back to the basement. It's not so bad down here. Sometimes your team overachieves, then loses to Houston, but hey, we still beat the Dolphins. At least we're not "those guys".

Well, I for on am glad the Pats got their turdburger out of the way in November... Frees up early 2016 to be nothing but smooth sailing, and none of the "oh, could they go 19-0" noise to have to tune out.

Especially considering the injuries to Hightower and Gronk were minor - sure, they'll both miss the Eagles game - but for the love of Tebow, the whole damn team could miss that one and still win by 3 TD's and a Safety. Figure after the Eagles game folks'll start coming back, and the team will start getting back into form just in time for the playoffs.

They've got the league right where they want 'em.

Any other reasonable fan would simply nod, acknowledge that the refs did a poor job...

This is absolutely 100% BS. You guys have come on here complaining about a bad call or a no call that went against your team.

I'm not blaming the refs for the Pats loss. Brady made some bad throws, a few huge drops (Chandler), bad secondary coverage, O-line wasn't all that great, muff punt didn't help, the list goes on...however, the refs were terrible. There were some bad calls on both sides. All year the refs have been worse than usual for every team. I can't give many specific examples for other teams just because I don't pay as close attention to those games as I do the Pats but one that comes to mind is the Ravens/Jacksonville game. They should have called false start which would have resulted in a 10 second run off which would have been game over Ravens win. I don't care what team it is, no team should loss because of the refs.

Like I said, I'm not blaming the refs for the Pats loss but I do think they blew a lot of calls which could have changed the game. PI against Gronk was BS, holding against Chung was BS, a ton of missed other calls. Refs are going to miss penalties or make bad calls but there just have been way too many lately. I personally think some penalties should be reviewable just like plays. A coach can review the ref's spot of the ball or whether or not the player was OB. Why can't they review the penalty call?

Almost fall down? Not sure what replays you're watching, but the receiver was already making a cut (that Chung didn't influence), and he kept on running by, unhindered. And it had no impact, because the QB was already running for his life by that point. By the rules, a hold (definitely snagged the jersey) but had no impact on the outcome of the play. Should've been a non call.

But the fact remain: they've got the league exactly where they want 'em.

:confused:

chunghold.gif

that is holding

As long as we're speculating on what is a penalty...

I thought contact above the QB's shoulders is an automatic PF, without exception.
Yet there was a play where a D-back launched himself up and his whole f@cking body landed on Brady's head. But no flag?

And when the Bronco's had an injury at the end without any time outs left - which required adding time back to the game clock - the opposite of a run-off.
So, the refs added the time to the clock - but then started the clock WITHOUT LETTING ANYONE KNOW, and a good 25 seconds passed before the Pats became aware.
The way they were moving the ball on that drive, they might have scored a TD instead of a tying field goal.

WTF?

I wouldn't mind losing a streak like that in a clean game, but the refs FUBAR'd that into oblivion.
So much for the "integrity of the game".

Eff it. We're on to Philadelphia...

Cheers!

In fairness, the 40 seconds were added to the play clock not the game clock. I had never heard that rule, you would think it would have been followed by an explanation, but I guess the refs figured everyone knew the rule.
I was bent when it happened, but if you go back and listen, they add the time to the play clock.

Adding time to the play clock makes perfect sense. The play clock starts immediately after the previous play. An injured player inhibits that next play from happening, so no time should be taken away from the offence. Not sure why that wasn't a foul since they didnt have a TO, but starting the clock after the refs were set and resetting the play clock both make perfect sense.

The holding call against Chung was not BS. He grabbed his shoulder enough for it to turn his body and almost fall down. You cant do that... :confused:

Oh bullshti. The guys shoulder pad barely moved.

I'm in the same boat and am not remotely going to blame the refs but that call was crap. Even Collinsworth took Osweilers junk out of his mouth long enough to say that was a shtty call.

As long as we're speculating on what is a penalty...

I thought contact above the QB's shoulders is an automatic PF, without exception.
Yet there was a play where a D-back launched himself up and his whole f@cking body landed on Brady's head. But no flag?

He was on the ground, not standing. Huge difference on where the QB can get hit in that situation. And Miller had been penalized for doing something similar earlier in the game, just too late of a hit and it looked like spearing. Get over it

Oh bullshti. The guys shoulder pad barely moved.

I'm in the same boat and am not remotely going to blame the refs but that call was crap. Even Collinsworth took Osweilers junk out of his mouth long enough to say that was a shtty call.

If Chris had anyone's junk in his mouth, it's Brady's. Did you even listen to the game at all? He was still shocked the Broncos pulled out the win after the fact. He jizzed all over himself the entire game about how good the Pats and Brady are. You apparently had too many dicks in your ears to notice.

And the play was holding. Did you even see my nifty GIF that slowed down the play so you fools could see it? :D

Then Chung also gets PI for pushing before that..... How nitpicky do you wanna get here Nancy?

We are talking about a penalty that was nitpicky. If they call one penalty, they should call the other and make it offsetting.

Him straightening his arm all the way and pushing off is the exact definition of offensive PI.

Adding time to the play clock makes perfect sense. The play clock starts immediately after the previous play. An injured player inhibits that next play from happening, so no time should be taken away from the offence. Not sure why that wasn't a foul since they didnt have a TO, but starting the clock after the refs were set and resetting the play clock both make perfect sense.

I agree. The clock was done correctly. An extra timeout for an injury isn't like a regular timeout. Once the refs call the ball playable, the clock starts. I think this time the Pats just didn't realize the ball was playable.

Who cares. If the Pats knew he was going to be so great they would have taken him in the 1st. They lucked into him, pure and simple. When he's gone, the Pats are going back to the basement. It's not so bad down here. Sometimes your team overachieves, then loses to Houston, but hey, we still beat the Dolphins. At least we're not "those guys".

"Those guys" beat the Jets as I recall.

Latest posts

Back