Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would assume that a rookie QB that almost beat the worlds greatest football team according to those in Myopia, MASS would have a shot at Rookie of the Year.

Unless of course their glowing assessments are overstated.

Who the hell are you talking about? The only rookie QB "the world's greatest football team" (thanks!) faced was Colt McCoy, who DID beat the Patriots, but who for the season didn't do jack relative to what Sammy Bradford did. Your boy Matty Flynn ain't a rookie.

I'm sitting here in new jersey since yesterday and when I was listening to sports radio there were a ton of giant fans pissed off that they didn't make the playoffs as if they were a better team than Philly.

Giants fans might be more annoying than patriot fans. Might. :D

I'm sitting here in new jersey since yesterday and when I was listening to sports radio there were a ton of giant fans pissed off that they didn't make the playoffs as if they were a better team than Philly.

Giants fans might be more annoying than patriot fans. Might. :D

Only team that could have a chance of taking that title are philly fans.

Giants WERE a better team than Philly - for about 52 minutes!

Zing!

the Seahawks are clearly the favorites to win it all this year...who do you guys think is second?

Depends on what your definition of the word "it" is...
(Celebrity Bill Clinton voice impersonated)
(No animals were harmed in the creation of this post)
(Tastes great, less filling)
(Huh? Whuh?)

Ya know... this is a scary thought, but we were talking about it today and isn't not that far fetched that Seattle could end up in the NFC Championship game at least.

Seattle stayed with the Saints for three quarters down there. And now NO is banged up and having to come up to Qwest Field and anything can happen there.

So, if Seattle wins and if the Jets manage to beat the Colts, then Seattle plays the Bears in the second round. Seattle already beat Chicago on their home field this season.

It boggles the mind, but it COULD HAPPEN. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it does.

Dude, I'm as big a homer as they come but...

(queue Aerosmith...)

DREAM ON, DREAM ON, DREAM ON (place ballsack in vice) DREAM ON, DREAM ON :rockin:

just sayin :D

The Saints will DESTROY the seachickens. Its a fact. DESTROY. Two words...Drew fu@%&ng Brees!!! You have Hasselback and Whitehurst. Congrats on getting to the playoffs. Be happy. If they win I may never watch football again.

Guys guys guys.... You all keep focusinging on the wrong things. "the Seahawks could beat the Bears". Blah blah blah... What difference does it make?? Eventually they're all gonna lose to the Pats so why even get your hopes up? Its cruel to do that to yourself.

Cape, if Pats get knocked off you have to change your avatar for a week:

suicide-watch-t-shirt.jpg

We in the HBT community care for our own. :D

****, if he didn't kill himself after 18-1....

I have to keep reminding myself, I *really* thought this was a 10-win team, 11 wins at the absolute extreme and wouldn't have been surprised (given the youth) with 9-7 or even 8-8. I was pretty sure the D was going to get better as the year progressed, but had no idea they'd be such great ballhawks. Didn't count on the running game improving. Didn't count on how much the team needed to be rid of Randy Moss.

****, if Moss and Maroney are still on this squad, I bet they would have only won 10 or 11 games. Those guys needed to leave.

Been a helluva season, and now we get to start all over again. But, it's all house money at this point.

Ya know... this is a scary thought, but we were talking about it today and isn't not that far fetched that Seattle could end up in the NFC Championship game at least.

Seattle stayed with the Saints for three quarters down there. And now NO is banged up and having to come up to Qwest Field and anything can happen there.

So, if Seattle wins and if the Jets manage to beat the Colts, then Seattle plays the Bears in the second round. Seattle already beat Chicago on their home field this season.

It boggles the mind, but it COULD HAPPEN. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it does.

What the hell do the Jets and Colts have to do with anything?

****, if he didn't kill himself after 18-1....

And as I've said a few times... i was AT that game. Uggg... that succcccccked. Going into that game I had been to the Pats Super Bowl in Houston but didn't get tickets to the game. That trip was a nightmare. Then, i had tickets, I had a nice hotel, a nice rental car... the Pats were supposed to abbbbbsolutely slaughter the Giants and then they started playing. Even though the Pats lead that whole game there was a very real vibe that they were gonna lose that game. Uggg... it SUCKED.

Nah... that ain't happening this year. Pats win number four this year.... in their "rebuilding year".

Man, just think about what the Pats are going to be like for the next four or five years. A lotttttttta young guys on that team now and a lotttttttttta draft picks.

And as I've said a few times... i was AT that game.

haaaaahahahha! that's hilarious. at least you were there though.

one time, I had Rugby World Cup tickets to Scotland vs New Zealand game in Edinburgh. had plane tickets, hotel. then *someone* knocked up my wife.....

in the end, Scotland got dominated (wasn't really a surprise) but it would have been fun to be there....

What the hell do the Jets and Colts have to do with anything?

Atlanta is the highest seed, they'll play the lowest seed. Jets are a lower seed than Seattle, Colts are higher. So if Seattle wins tomorrow (I know, not likely) then who they play is determined by the winner of the Jets-Colts game. Colts win and Seattle plays Atlanta. Jets win and Seattle plays the Bears.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but the possibility had some of us laughing our asses off. Tomorrow's game isn't a done deal yet. Qwest is a very tough place to play and anything could happen. Seattle may very well (probably) get ground into the field turf (most likely) and it wouldn't surprise me in the least, but then Matt might have one good game left in him too.

All I'm really hoping for is a good game. This year, Seattle's either had a pretty good game, or they've been HORRIBLE. I'd settle for something in between, make a good showing, lose by a touchdown or ten and look at next year. Just tired of embarrassing losses. Just play, you ***holes!!!

Uh, 'Cat....

Jets and Indy are AFC teams. Seattle, Atlanta, and the Bears are NFC. What happens in the AFC has absolutely no bearing on seedings and matchups in the NFC. None.

So if Seattle wins tomorrow (I know, not likely) then who they play is determined by the winner of the Jets-Colts game. Colts win and Seattle plays Atlanta. Jets win and Seattle plays the Bears.

on another forum we have a "Oh look, a crack head!" smiley. i wish I could put that here....

So, did you enjoy watching football for the first time this season, 'Cat? Was it too confusing for you? Don't forget, you have four chances to get the ten yards for a first down.

;)

Back