Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine every big lineman that gets a good lick on him standing up and sayin "That's for my daughter/ sister/ niece motherf&*%ker!!!"

:D

Understandable. I can't condone what he does off the field, but he is great on the field. I don't know what it is about Pittsburgh but even our college head coach allegedly choked his baby mama. Thankfully we fired him pretty quick and hopefully we didn't have to pay him anything.

i wouldnt necessarily raise any pro athletes upon a pedestal for their off-field antics.. history has shown that more than just a few of them are ego-driven opportunistic predators.

that being said, the patriots are killing miami right now.

Yes! Benny got his 1,000 yards! They were talking about it all week, how much the offensive line REALLY wanted him to get to 1,000, they love blocking for him (probably more so after four years of watching Laurence Mauroney audition for "Dancing With The Stars" behind the line of scrimmage").

So... four of the past five games, the Pats have given up seven or fewer points. What was that I was saying earlier in the season, oh, about how the Pats defense sucked right then but was young and talented and would look a lot better as the season progressed? Was that what I said? Pretty sure it was.

Eight games in a row with 30+ points (against a lot of the league's "best" teams), but it's that defense that's most important now.

I'm just here to say the Pats are awesome.

Edit: And Packers win breaks HBT (had to be here)

Go Pack! And Jets, and I don't care what anyone thinks about rooting for 2 teams!

Glad it was a game like it was too. Bears came gunning to keep GB out and lost. I'm not a homer like the pundits who spin on a dime on who's hot. I have no idea how they'll do but hey, it's all 0-0 now. Win 1 and I'd be happy and the rest is gravy the way this season went (key injuries).

Go Pack! And Jets, and I don't care what anyone thinks about rooting for 2 teams!

My Cowboys beat the Eggles 2nd string!!! woooohoooooo!!!
Wait, what, we suck? Oh, yeah...****...

GO SAINTS!!!!

WHO DAT!!!!

I agree, if you can't have a chick on the side then football would suck! I love football more than I love any one team...but y'all better watch out for the Boys next year b/c Opie aint no coach creampuff :rockin:

Thing is, who'd they really keep out of the playoffs? Tampa Bay? They're much improved, but until yesterday hadn't beaten a team with a winning record all season - granted, they DID beat Seattle, but they aren't a team that's a legitimate contender anyway.

The Giants? **** the Giants. Inconsistent as hell. When you lose to Philly the way those assclowns lost, you don't deserve nothing!

Is Seattle better than either of those teams? Nope.

In seven days, will it matter? Not one iota - ain't a one of those teams that will or would win next weekend.

I have finally given up on the Packers Super dreams for the year... too bad.

Injury list that seals the deal (in order of importance):

1. Nick Barnett (middle Linebacker) already a thin position due to minor injuries, he is out for the year and the drop off is big.
2. Morgan Burnett (Strong Safety) rookie off to a good start. We don't get Atari Bigby back for another two weeks and he has never stayed healthy through a full NFL season. Behind him is the dung heap, maybe I should try out.
3. The entire defensive line I think 1 or 2 might be more or less healthy, the rest are hurt or scraps picked up to try and field a team...
4. Ryan Grant (Running back). No human would take the running game seriously with what we have in the backfield. No pass attack is good enough with no threat of the run.
5. Old Man River and his side-kick Doc (Right and Left O-Tackle) Both injured and old, at least the young dudes behind them will be good... someday.

So basically, I legitimately thought the Pack was a Super Bowl contender this year. After the amount of pounding taken so far, I don't see it happening. Here is Coach Justin's recipe for making something out of the slim chance we have left.

1. Recognize that John Kuhn is a running back sent forward in time from the 40's. Change running scheme to a direct block system (we zone block now for our running game) and allow him to punish the defense head up. This way, we can grind them into the 4th quarter where we should be able to pound out some control. The other side effect of a pounding style run game is that it will allow for some good play action waggles and other pass attacks.
2. Go to church A LOT and pray to God that Al Harris and Atari Bigby can come back strong enough to finish the season in good fashion.
3. Spike Kevin Greene's KoolAid with cocaine so he can bring his energy level to unforeseen craziness and get some good action out of that motley crew of linebackers he has to deal with.

So there you have it. We are screwed, unless we start getting lucky somehow...

What does your team need?

Well, I was wrong about getting into the playoffs... but I was a pretty good coach. Even after way more injuries.

Go Pack Go!

Awesome way for my raiders to finish the season.. The streak od losing seasons is officially over, and cassel will be spending the week alternating between ice packs, massages, and the jacuzzi.. I lost track of how many times he was on his back....

Very young team who is starting to believe in themselves and understand what it takes to win and what it feels like.. , and 'all' of the head cases and primadonnas are long gone....

now if we can just keep the coaching staff intact...
:mug:

and cassel will be spending the week alternating between ice packs, massages, and the jacuzzi.. I lost track of how many times he was on his back....
Da quataback must go down...and he must go down haad.

Cable deserves more time imo.

They aren't talking about getting rid of Cable, are they? Raiders massively outperformed expectations this year. Everyone in New England was counting on that pick being #1 or #2 overall!

Ugggg.... still recovering from the tailgate yesterday. Good beers and deep fat fried prime rib (yes, you read that correctly). I made some pretty solid bacon,egg and cheese sandiwiches with some homemade breakfast sausage in the morning as soon as we got to Gillette... F-Dub then deep fried some wings just prior to the game that were top notch.... and then after watching the Pats absolutely destroy the Phins, we got back to our tailgate and F-dub dropped a 12 lb prime rib in the oil. Goooooood Lord. Some nice horseradish sauce and then he also tossed some sweet potato fries in the oil and served 'em up with some honey dijon sauce stuff.

So... fried bacon, fried egg and fried cheese on fried bagles with a side of fried sausage.... followed by deep fried wings and then deep fried prime rib.

I'm not gonna be right for a week.

It was worth it though.

They aren't talking about getting rid of Cable, are they? Raiders massively outperformed expectations this year. Everyone in New England was counting on that pick being #1 or #2 overall!

Davis has a dilemna... Extend Cables contract and risk losing Jackson to one of the many teams that are looking for a HC, or Opt to not extend Cables Contract and promote Jackson to HC..

Interesting situation for the Raiders.. The past six years it's been deciding when and how to get rid of a bad coach, now they have to figure out how to choose between two good ones..

If it were me, I'd extend Cables contract and offer Jackson huge money to stay on... But this is Davis and he has 'zero' history of offering coaches good money...

I'm hoping and praying that the coaching staff survives intact.. For the first time in years, I am totally happy with the whole staff.. I like this one better even than the one under gruden...

This is one of the things that bugs me about the NFL.. I don't mind so much that players are trade like commodities, but I hate that as soon as a team starts getting good, other teams pick their staff apart like vultures...

Da quataback must go down...and he must go down haad.

Cable deserves more time imo.

The Raiders front seven is becoming really scary... They're making a lot of QBs very nervous during raider week..
Starting to remind me very much of some pretty beastly raider defenses of old...

Davis has a dilemna... Extend Cables contract and risk losing Jackson to one of the many teams that are looking for a HC, or Opt to not extend Cables Contract and promote Jackson to HC..

Interesting situation for the Raiders.. The past six years it's been deciding when and how to get rid of a bad coach, now they have to figure out how to choose between two good ones..

If it were me, I'd extend Cables contract and offer Jackson huge money to stay on... But this is Davis and he has 'zero' history of offering coaches good money...

I'm hoping and praying that the coaching staff survives intact.. For the first time in years, I am totally happy with the whole staff.. I like this one better even than the one under gruden...

This is one of the things that bugs me about the NFL.. I don't mind so much that players are trade like commodities, but I hate that as soon as a team starts getting good, other teams pick their staff apart like vultures...

They keep picking apart the Patriots' staff, and it doesn't work! You could build an entire coaching staff with former Patriots assistant coaches that have gotten ****-canned after leaving NE.

I don't know the underlying dynamics of the Raiders - hell, I don't even know who "Jackson" is - but if you're trying to rebuild the franchise you need to have some organizational stability. That means you've got to keep Cable.

but if you're trying to rebuild the franchise you need to have some organizational stability. That means you've got to keep Cable.

Oh I agree, but this is Al Davis we're talking about here.. And they don't call him "The Maverick" for no reason....

I 'really' like Cable.. He has the rare ability to be able to work with Davis and also get the team to work for him... Not only that but he totally sees eye to eye with Davis on philosophy of system... And he's a life long Raider fan that sees this job as the destination, and not a stepping stone... He's probably about as close as you're going to get to being the ideal coach for the Raiders...

Blue collar guy the players love... Since he took over, it's been so nice to see the drama end, and the door hit all the primadonnas and head cases in the ass on their way out...

BTW, the other coach is Hue Jackson, the OC.... He has done an incredible job.. He was basically hired as Cables replacement if Cable didn't get it done.. But IMO, Cables getting it done...

My gut tells me that Cable gets his extension... Davis has to be very happy with the team sweeping the division...

Aww yeah! Lions end the season on a 4-game win streak and beat out the Browns!! Too bad I made that IPA for nothing now...

......and I'm glad I always have some on tap.

My box is empty now. Please PM your address.

Do you want the tea-bagged or the dry-schlonged version?:cross:

interest in 2011?:mug:

nah.... mutton is too sheepy. Not crazy about mutton.
Like leading lambs to the slaughter.

Agree sheep isn't that good but lamb is awesome.

bird,
Mortensen et al were talking about Cable not getting retained even though he's done a decent job. I have no idea what Davis' plan is.

I don't see how Weaver (Jaguars owner) can keep Del Rio now unless he tolerates 'consistent mediocrity' (which may very well be the case). They had three games in a row with 'playoff implications' and two were vs. ****ty teams and they lost all three. Don't care that MJD was out for 2 of them, win a friggin game. Del Rio is a defensive coordinator...at best.

It's inevitable that Jeff Fisher is gone, right? I mean, did you see the Titan's Christmas card?

l69y.jpg

Bud Adams, Chris Johnson......... and Vince Young.

You know what, for all of the accolades that Jeff Fisher has received over the years... the Oilers/Titans have basically been a .500 ballclub in the years he's been coaching them. A LOT of 8-8 finishes. Total record, I believe, is 142-120 (54% winning percentage).

playoffs?! PLAYOFFS!??!

i'm glad people talked vick out of running so much. we would be useless against him.

Glad to see the Packers get past the Bears yesterday and earn a spot on the playoffs. Watched the game at a local brewery with my Bear fan buddy who now owes me a 6 pack. GO Packers!

......and I'm glad I always have some on tap.

My box is empty now. Please PM your address.

Do you want the tea-bagged or the dry-schlonged version?:cross:

interest in 2011?:mug:

Do I have to choose one over the other?? ;)

I may be guilty of being overly optimistic, but I'm even more interested in next year than I was last year! I'm already saving up for playoff tickets! :cross:

Uh guys, there's both an offensive and defensive rookie of the year. Bradford and Suh are guaranteed of winning.

Gronk will get a little love for OROY - he's going on 600 yards receiving with TEN freakin' touchdowns, while splitting targets with Aaron Hernandez (who's a better pure receiver). Hard even for me to argue that Bradford doesn't win OROY, though, he's had about as good a season for a rookie QB as you'll ever see, and the Rams improved so much this season with him at the helm.

McCourty, I expect will be runner-up for DROY, he's got seven picks and looks like a great, great all-around player at a premier position. Suh will get the award, though, McCourty's not flashy enough.

Back