Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not mad just came to collect on the "brah pats gonna dominate" comments earlier in the thread. Didn't see that at all.

Enjoy the victory as i said above. They are pretty hard to come by in the modern era.

Edelman will get what's coming to him. He did what? Oh that's right 109 yards with a td. You know who else did? Chris mathews our #6 guy.

lol!

Not sure which is a better start to my morning, that montage of reaction shots, or roughster coming in here cold with that reaction.

Waitaminute.

Roughster - you're not that dude at 1:20 in the video, are you? Don't worry man, the pain will fade with time.

I suppose the good news, such that it is, is that all those Russell Wilson jerseys the "12th Men" were wearing are still new enough that they can at least return them for store credit.

Roughster - you're not that dude at 1:20 in the video, are you? Don't worry man, the pain will fade with time.

I've got to say... I yell, I scream, I get pissed off when watching football games - but who the **** cries because their favorite team lost? Like, seriously. You aren't eight years old.

Trash talking hat off again for a sec:

I caught a spot on NFL network last night where they replayed the whole exchange on the Sherman-Brady handshake, and I've actually got to hand it to Sherman. Looks like Brady was there, still kneeling from his final victory formation, trying to collect himself. None of his teammates were in the shot. And over walks Sherman to be the first to shake his hand. And when Brady clearly needs a minute or so to collect himself, Sherman could have understandably interpreted that as Brady blowing him off, maybe "getting even" for the "You mad bro" thing. Instead, he stood there and gave Brady the time he needed, and when Brady was ready, he got up, they shook hands and exchanged kind words.

Much as we like to give Sherman a bad rap for being a poor sport, he made back a few points in my book right there.

Fcku Sherman....

Guy makes a choke sign during the game... the whole calling out Revis directly into a fckuing TV camera during the Super Bowl... And all of a sudden he's a good sport because he congratulated Brady after they lost?

Fccccccccccck him.

Wait what happened to the predicted Pats domination?? I didn't see it. In fact I saw SB49 given to the Pats by a poor play call in the last minute with the Hawks posed to score and walk off win it. Enjoy the SB victory, it's nice to have one gift wrapped by the other team!

I see Edelman putting a price on his own head. Enjoy a season ending injury early next year!

Given to the Pats? Hahaha that's funny.

The play wasn't all that bad. What made it look like a bad play call was a great defensive stop. First BB didn't call timeout which Carroll was most likely thinking he was so when he didn't, he had to rush a play call. Lynch isn't always Beast Mode at the goal line so if he was stopped, they would have to waste their last time out and now throw the ball. A throw has never been intercepted on the goal line. Typically just batted down. Browner made that play what it was. Kearse was lined up against Browner. Kearse's roll in that play is to push Browner back enough to screen Butler. Browner held his ground long enough for Butler to run straight to the ball instead of having to run around. If Browner was pushed back even half a yard more, Butler wouldn't have been able to get there quick enough and Seattle would have won.

I know you most be really emotional right now. Your "unbeatable" Seahawks lost in the SB to the great team of all time. But don't blame the Seahawks coaching staff on that play. It wasn't a terrible call. Blame the Pats coaching staff for putting out 3 CBs and a LB. Blame Browner and Butler for making a great play.

1) effin Seahawks shouldn't even have been there. Ask a Packers fan how they felt about the NFC Championship game and then come talk to me about who was given what games.

2) seahawks don't pull off the luckiest fcking catch in the history of the Super Bowl, dwarfing the ridiculousness of the Tyree catch, and the Seahawks aren't anywhere near the goal line anyway.

3) if the "Legion of Boom" didn't get ass-raped up and down the field by Brady in the fourth quarter, they wouldn't have needed a TD to win with 20 seconds on the clock.

Seahawk fans are funny. They amuse me. Like a clown.

Shenanigans. I've seen two interceptions against teams inside the five that I can think of offhand in relatively recent memory. I simply do not buy that nonsense. Was it a great play by the defender? ABSOLUTELY. No argument there. But it was a @#$% call. It was a boneheaded playcall by Carroll (or his staff, whatever) and he handed the game away as a result.

Sorry but I'd feel much better about handing the ball off to my star RB inside the 1 than passing across the middle. Maybe a bootleg pass I could see but the Mighty Midget isn't all that tall and would be too easy to miss things across the middle. He gambled and they lost.

Btw, the 4% fumble claims can eat it. Lynch ran what, 250-300 times this year and had what, 3 or 4 fumbles total (most not in the red zone) even. Clearly that 3rd rounder was a much better choice. Yup yup yup.... Whathe@#$%ever.....

2) seahawks don't pull off the luckiest fcking catch in the history of the Super Bowl, dwarfing the ridiculousness of the Tyree catch, and the Seahawks aren't anywhere near the goal line anyway.
Even I had to give them that one and I was actually pulling for the Pats. Sure there was some luck involved but he could have given up on it and it wouldn't have happened. It's not like it stuck in his face mask.

3) if the "Legion of Boom" didn't get ass-raped up and down the field by Brady in the fourth quarter, they wouldn't have needed a TD to win with 20 seconds on the clock.
Pretty sure they handled them through most of the game save for a few good plays on defense that resulted in a pair of Interceptions.

Seahawk fans are funny. They amuse me. Like a clown.
Is it like looking into a mirror? Albeit a mirror with less historical super bowl wins?

This is the playoffs. Simply put you have to play for at least 60 minutes. Do you think GB played for 60 minutes? Do you honestly think SEA played for 60 minutes? Pat's have lost SB's because they didn't play for 60 minutes. Watch the NFL films mic'd up. Some of Carroll's comments have him ready for celebration way before the interception. Use of TO's was not meant for the 60 minute game. Listen to Carroll's trying to explain his decision. BB said he was happy with his setup. Carroll short circuited. You'd have to be an idiot letting a catchable ball within a playoff team defense. Congratulations on SEA making it to the big time. Now get some cream for the butt hurt.

I do think SEA should have tried to run it in tho.

Seahawks gave the game away to the Pats and the Pats took it. What exactly is the controversy? Any non-biased person would tell you that the Seahawks were the better team up until the last 40 seconds. Brady is getting a lot of credit for the 4th quarter but he played like **** up until that point. Winning teams take advantage of what they're given and that's what the Pats did. It was the worst play call that I've ever seen.

You do one of three things in that situation:

1) Beast Mode. All ****ing day. One of the Grantland articles stated that Lynch had been stopped for no gain only twice in the game. He averaged 4.3 yds per carry. It's the easiest play call to make.
2) Roll out with midget and give him a chance to make a play. Risky.
3) Fade pass to Chris Matthews if you have to call a pass play. Pretty ****ing safe call.

The worst thing you can do is throw to the middle of the field on the 1 yard line when the rest of the defense is packed into the end zone. Give the defender credit for making a great play. Blame Carrol for making the worst play call in NFL history.

Yeah.... Handled them really well.... right up until they lost.

Um, yeah... I was actually referring to the Patriots handling the 'Hawks through most of the game which the score wasn't very indicative of for a while. They marched up and down the field fairly easily. The only time the Hawks seemed to move the ball well against the Pats was when there was a lot of pressure on them. For some reason the Pats tended to crumble in those situations.

Any non-biased person would tell you that the Seahawks were the better team up until the last 40 seconds. Brady is getting a lot of credit for the 4th quarter but he played like **** up until that point.
You're out of your freaking mind. The first half was virtually all Patriots. Seattle's defense looked weak save for the two interceptions. And, with the exception of the 3rd quarter, their offense only showed up for less than half the 2nd quarter when their backs looked to be against the wall and the last two minutes under the same circumstances.

You mean right up until they won?

I never said it wasn't a great play. But it was virtually the only one when it counted. Latter half of the second, Seattle moved at will and quickly. They looked hungover in the third. Then the last two minutes when it counted it looked like they were going to fall apart yet again. Butler stood up and decided enough was enough and you ended up winning as a result. Congratulations. Better pray your QB doesn't retire or it's back to the land of mediocrity for you. At least you won't be as bad as the Jets....

The Pats kicked Seattle's ass for the bulk of the first half, up until that last drive. Seattle "won" the third quarter pretty handily, I'll grant. But the fourth quarter - take away that one miracle reception, and Q4 was dominated by New England. If that ball hits the ground like it does 99 times out of 100, there's none of this discussion about "Beast Mode!" and ill-advised playcalling.

Total yards were a wash. Seattle had the better run game - but Lynch averaged 4.3/carry. League average is what... just about 4.3? Longest run of the game was 15 yards. Lynch is probably the best RB in the league, but he wasn't dominating the game by any stretch. Seattle's only receiver who was doing anything was Chris Matthews, and once they took the midget off him and started covering him with Browner, he didn't do anything. Wilson didn't crack 250 yards, and I'll tell you what - I'm not sure I quite appreciated how much he's a "lob it up there and pray"-kind of passer. I sure as **** wouldn't be giving him the biggest contract in the NFL. And his numbers really haven't gotten any better since his rookie year; for all intents and purposes, they're identical.

Cape...always willing to give credit where it's due. You guys wonder why people hate the Pats? C'mon man....hiding behind the guise of "obnoxiousness" or not, you guys are pricks about football through and through. I actually used to like the Pats until they starting winning and I started seeing the true colors of the Pats fans. Sore winners to the bone.

Cape...always willing to give credit where it's due. You guys wonder why people hate the Pats? C'mon man....hiding behind the guise of "obnoxiousness" or not, you guys are pricks about football through and through. I actually used to like the Pats until they starting winning and I started seeing the true colors of the Pats fans. Sore winners to the bone.

Oh stop it... We're in a freakin' Obnoxious trash talk thread. Everyone is trying to ding the win and I'm pouring it right back.

That said.... ya know what.... yeah.... we ARE sore winners and that's because of the years of "ewwww. They haven't won since Spygate" bullshti. Then we had to sit through that mountain of football PSI bullshti.

So YES... We are sore winners. And I don't feel one iota of guilt about it.

We hung out with a bunch of Seahawk fans when we were out there. Fck, we had no choice, we were outnumbered 10-1. I kept telling them how it was a small bummer because we wanted to hate the 'Hawk fans and all of them were way too effin nice. We bought/received a bunch of rounds with a ton of them.... all of them were super cool. They all were obviously really passionate about the team but not one was a jerk at all.

But... like I told all of them, Seahawk fans showed up psyched and fired up for the game. Pats fans showed up PISSED. Pats fans were ready to tell EVERYONE to go Fcku off over years of Spygate crap and then Deflategate.

Post game.... not a word. I didn't say a single word to a single Seahawk fan other than two things:

1) "thank you" because I got congratulated a three dozen times and
2) "I'm not talking trash at all... i'm being sincere.... I'm sorry you guys lost that way. I was here for the Tyree catch and it sucks. You guys have a great team and didn't deserve that."... And i think of the four or five times I said that, I ended up having a beer with those fans.

All of that said.... given the shti we Pats fans have had to eat for years and now we're supposed to be gracious winners in a trash talk thread???

You sir are redefining the word "Hoppy" right now.

Cape is butt hurt because people are upset his team cheated and won doing so?! That is obnoxious. :D

Also, Cape I hope you took notes on how Seahawk fans handled themselves. That is how real men act, win or lose. I doubt you could say Pats fans would have done the same given the situation. That is why America hates you guys.

Carry on. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

are you talking about this guy?

yeah he's a real class act.

3199795_G.jpg

I actually used to like the Pats until they starting winning

This is actually what you mean, just like all the other Pats haters. Hating because the Pats win so much.

Oh stop it... We're in a freakin' Obnoxious trash talk thread. Everyone is trying to ding the win and I'm pouring it right back.

That said.... ya know what.... yeah.... we ARE sore winners and that's because of the years of "ewwww. They haven't won since Spygate" bullshti. Then we had to sit through that mountain of football PSI bullshti.

So YES... We are sore winners. And I don't feel one iota of guilt about it.

We hung out with a bunch of Seahawk fans when we were out there. Fck, we had no choice, we were outnumbered 10-1. I kept telling them how it was a small bummer because we wanted to hate the 'Hawk fans and all of them were way too effin nice. We bought/received a bunch of rounds with a ton of them.... all of them were super cool. They all were obviously really passionate about the team but not one was a jerk at all.

But... like I told all of them, Seahawk fans showed up psyched and fired up for the game. Pats fans showed up PISSED. Pats fans were ready to tell EVERYONE to go Fcku off over years of Spygate crap and then Deflategate.

Post game.... not a word. I didn't say a single word to a single Seahawk fan other than two things:

1) "thank you" because I got congratulated a three dozen times and
2) "I'm not talking trash at all... i'm being sincere.... I'm sorry you guys lost that way. I was here for the Tyree catch and it sucks. You guys have a great team and didn't deserve that."... And i think of the four or five times I said that, I ended up having a beer with those fans.

All of that said.... given the shti we Pats fans have had to eat for years and now we're supposed to be gracious winners in a trash talk thread???

You sir are redefining the word "Hoppy" right now.

Very well said. The title of this thread is "OBNOXIOUS football trash talk thread". Everyone is being obnoxious to each other.

People are bringing up Spygate and now this stupid Deflategate and calling Pats cheaters (which no one is still showing proof of, still waiting...) and the second we come back, Pats fans are the obnoxious ones. Pats haters always make me laugh. Your team can't win so you gotta jump on someone's bandwagon. Might as well go for the team that has dominated for 15 years.

Pats are the best, bar none. They did it right, didn't cheat, and sent the Seahawks packing. If you don't believe that, you're stupid.

Latest posts

Back