Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#44 on the JETS - is that Zach Sudfeld? No wonder New England let him go; that's the lamest blocking attempt on a kickoff return I've ever seen. Completely whiffed on two separate players.

I don't understand how Idzik keeps his job either though. How can he possibly just point the finger at Ryan??

What draft picks and players that he's brought in have actually worked out??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

He can probably point to Sheldon Richardson but that is a 100% Rex Ryan draft pick.

Idzik completely mishandled the Revis situation. I'm not talking about the draft pick that he used on Dee Milliner. Milliner was the consensus #1 CB in the 2013 draft and he's been hurt. A lot. I'm talking about how Idzik had the opportunity to sign Revis after the Bucs caught him and didn't. Revis wanted to go back to New York but for whatever reason Idzik didn't think he was a good fit. Idzik also let Cromartie walk - if you watched yesterday's Arizona game it's pretty obvious Cromartie can still play. Both of those players would be huge upgrades over the secondary but instead Idzik decided to roll the dice with Dmitri Patterson who literally lost his mind and cost the Jets about a million dollars without playing a regular season snap.

The WR situation is almost as bad as the secondary. The only "upgrades" Idzik has made on this group from last season was the addition of Decker and Harvin. Decker is okay - he's not a #1. Harvin is an unknown and I honestly have little hope for him.

RB - Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell. The only one who has talent is Ivory.

About the only thing that Idzik has going for him is the TE Jace Amaro, but he's been very inconsistent.

I don't even want to talk about the QBs. It's not worth anyone's time.

These are Idzik's last two drafts:

2013 1 9 Dee Milliner DB
2013 1 13 Sheldon Richardson DT
2013 2 39 Geno Smith QB
2013 3 72 Brian Winters OL 2014
2013 5 141 Oday Aboushi OL 2014
2013 6 178 William Campbell OL 2014
2013 7 215 Tommy Bohanon FB 2014

2014 1 18 Calvin Pryor FS
2014 2 49 Jace Amaro TE
2014 3 80 Dexter McDougle CB
2014 4 104 Jalen Saunders WR
2014 4 115 Shaquelle Evans WR
2014 4 137 Dakota Dozier OL
2014 5 154 Jeremiah George LB
2014 6 195 Brandon Dixon CB
2014 6 209 Quincy Enunwa WR
2014 6 210 IK Enemkpali DE
2014 6 213 Tajh Boyd QB
2014 7 233 Trevor Reilly LB

Bold = Still on the 2014 Roster

His last two drafts have been atrocious. The only offensive player that Idzik has drafted that has flashed any potential is Amaro. A ****ing TE. Defensively, Richardson is the standout pick. Milliner has done nothing. Pryor has done nothing. Seriously even though a majority of the players that he has drafted are on the roster, none of them aside from Richardson are above average talent. The 2014 draft is a complete disaster. Amaro is the only draftee with a TD. He's the only draftee with a reception too. This after a 2013 season where the offense, again, was the obvious area to address and where again the Jets failed to do so in a meaningful way despite having the most cap room in the league - in freaking NY/NJ.

Tl/DR: Idzik is the worst GM in football.

I've always thought Rex was a bit of a goofball but... i dunno... If I'm Woody Johnson, I am looking for Idzik's head on a platter before Rex's.

I'd half heartedly defend him for keeping several of those losses with a chance to win at the end but after watching the Harvin debacle yesterday I'm not even sure I can muster that. Idzik's terrible. Their OC is even worse. And Rex should go just for letting the OC thing happen.

So....was New Orleans supposed to romp all over Green Bay tonight? :drunk:

Cheers!

I fell asleep at the half. Good thing I guess being a Pack fan. Anyway, that defense is abysmal. Best way for GB to succeed is keep em off the field and chew up more clock with the run.

So, ******* Bear defender who celebrated sacking the backup QB in garbage time, down by 25, is definitely out for the season with a blown ACL. This, boys and girls, is why you don't celebrate anything when you're down by 25 - the football gods have a way of making you pay.

I'll admit it, I think that's AWESOME!
And it got a mention in the lame-ass "C'mon, Man" segment tonight.

Fricken' efftard pulls that stupid show while his team is hemorrhaging from a Third Degree Beat-Down deserves nothing less than a year of tough rehab...

Cheers!

[edit] Speaking of blood-baths, there's tonight's game.I'll be stunned if Washington isn't down four scores by halftime...

Tries to revive day trippr.
Though I'm pretty surprised too.

Ooooooh, my head....Whatthehellhappened! :drunk:

Jeeze, can you believe that?

Not that it was a good game to watch - it was 60-something minutes of mutual ineptitude, with Washington amazingly incrementally less inept than Dallas.

On the up side, it was in Jerry's House :rockin:

Cheers! ;)

So I am just curious about a couple of things. How many of you have never been to a game? I have been to one. My kick ass wife got me 2 tickets a few years ago to go to broncos kc game in kc. One of the worst experiences of my life. I'm a broncos fan since the 80's. I didn't wear broncos gear, hat or anything. I just couldn't believe that people would be so nasty to other people. During the game a lot of name calling and general poor behavior. On the way back to my jeep I saw several fights in the parking lot. I told my wife thanks again and "thanked" her again. And the I told her that it was a much better experience watching it on tv.
How much team crap do you own? I personally have never bought a thing except a t-shirt for my granddaughter that wanted one like mine. I don't think that they need the money and I would rather put that money towards my retirement. Of course that my be why I only buy black or white t-shirts and jeans also. But anyway I do have a number of items, blanket that I use in my chair, a hat and a heavy shirt and I think 2 cups. I told everyone on my birthday after receiving more to quit buying the crap, I appreciate it but the nfl already has plenty of money from other suckers and if you want to spend money put it in your 401k or something like that. Or if you have to spend it on me brewing gear is always good. Am I way out of my mind to think this way? And why can't people be nice?

2014-01-19_13-55-38_699.jpg

Broncos fan, now there's your problem right there. It's not that people are mean, we just all hate Broncos fans.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

Jesus....I don't know what's worse the holier than thou commentary or the sleeping baby forum armor picture you posted. When your daughter only dates men with gigantic foreheads don't blame the NFL; blame yourself.

Gee, rough crowd! Cut the guy a break, his grand-daughter is adorable.
I've been to perhaps a dozen games or so. Mostly home (Jets) but away too, in Miami and Chicago. I love being at the game, it's exciting, and you're not restricted to watching what the director shows you. Yes, there are jerks at every event, but often really cool people too. I don't go often now, tickets are expensive, and it's an all day process. Plus, if the game is bad, you can't change the channel! I probably own about ten Jets shirts, hats, etc. I don't buy them much, mostly they are gifts. The best of them is a John Elliot game jersey that Jumbo gave me.

I've been to 1 game, Raiders at Redskins. I'm not a fan of either team but it was fun to go. The fans seemed to be ok. It was back when Kerry Collins was the QB for Oakland. He fumbled (big surprise) near their own goal line. The crowd after the fumble and recovery was the loudest noise I've ever heard.

Just so we can kill this whole excruciating premise...

I have only missed three home Patriots games over the last 14 years... So yes. I go.

Mainly because I don't have a vagina.

... and I have been to a few Super Bowls.

(Ps. Yes... Cute child. WTF... I'm not made of stone over here. And that will conclude whatever nice things I might say today)

I'm shocked that it's 11:30 on Tuesday already, and none of the sports sites I've checked have started puking all over themselves about "guys, guys, it's Brady v Manning again this weekend - let's dig into both their life stories and their ongoing rivalry in excruciating detail, and debate about who's better, and generally overload everyone with coverage about it, because we haven't done that in like 10 months or so..."

Besides, everyone already knows Brady's better.

And who'd that be? The one that's kept his team a contender for the past 13 years, while amassing 3 Superbowl titles along the way, or the one who landed fivehead and sold the farm to put together an unsustainable roster that will expire at the end of this season, that admittedly performed very well for about 3 or 4 seasons (counting this one)?

I know which one my vote'd be for.

I guess I should have spent more time trying to write. Just having trouble these days. I guess I should have just asked if all fans are as big of jackoffs like they were in kc? I would like to take my oldest son to a broncos game while he is home on leave over the new year. He is a broncos fan also. I don't want to take him if broncos fans are just as big of dip sht.s. He is not a big fan of dumb either. Lol wonder how he's going to feel now that his dad is about as good as the box it came in. That would mean raiders game in Denver in the middle of winter. Maybe just got him a pair of tickets. ...

You got bored and or fell asleep. I thought that was the point ... the title is under drunken mumbling mindless rambling. Hey I was there at least for the mindless part only managed to get 1 beer down though.

Just so we can kill this whole excruciating premise...

I have only missed three home Patriots games over the last 14 years... So yes. I go.

Mainly because I don't have a vagina.

I'm more impressed by that many games than the stupid I phone. . So is your stadium full of dickheads also?

no vagina? What did your woman leave because you are a pats fan?

I can (kind of) speak to that question to Cape - from the handful of Pats games I've been to in the last 3 or 4 years, they've all been good experiences. Sure, you get a couple overserved folks in the stands who get a little louder than the rest - but that happens at pretty much any sporting event. But whether in a win or a loss, and regardless of the opponent (even vs the hated J-E-T-S) the crowd is generally friendly towards eachother and fans of the opposition...

:ban:
You already saw, Cape never misses a game. That's enough jackass for thirty-two stadiums, all by himself.

:ban::ban::smack::ban::ban:

That's him in the middle after he realized that he could have retired 10 years ago wit all the money he gave to the nfl....

I didn't use to hate the nfl org. So bad but after this year when commish. Said that artists should be paying him for superbowl appearance I lost all respect. Dumas need to stick to what he knows. ...... football not blackmail.

Jets fans really are some of the worst human beings you can deal with. Seriously just awful, awful human beings. I'm kind of glad I live too far away to go to their games because I'd rather just be in ass and yell at the TV then deal with a bunch of middle aged losers who live in their mom's basement in Queens and eat only Utz brand potato chips.

:ban:

:ban::ban::smack::ban::ban:

That's him in the middle after he realized that he could have retired 10 years ago wit all the money he gave to the nfl....

I didn't use to hate the nfl org. So bad but after this year when commish. Said that artists should be paying him for superbowl appearance I lost all respect. Dumas need to stick to what he knows. ...... football not blackmail.

So don't watch.

Yeah I get the occasional a hole in the crowd thing but it was so obnoxious where we were that we ended up leaving the area and it was like that everywhere we went.

I took my best friend since high school with Huntingtons and the only game he will ever get to go to was spoiled by a holes.

Latest posts

Back