Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why go to a game when you have the RedZone?

I want to spend time with my son. He wants to go. We are the only broncos fans in the family. Not sure if I will still be able to do that sort of thing when he gets back the next time.

I can (kind of) speak to that question to Cape - from the handful of Pats games I've been to in the last 3 or 4 years, they've all been good experiences. Sure, you get a couple overserved folks in the stands who get a little louder than the rest - but that happens at pretty much any sporting event. But whether in a win or a loss, and regardless of the opponent (even vs the hated J-E-T-S) the crowd is generally friendly towards eachother and fans of the opposition...

The first year I had tickets was the last year of the old Foxboro Stadium and that place was a total slaughterhouse. 80% of the place was insanely hammered and there were half a dozen fights in each section, every game. By the end of the year, and after we saw a guy's face pretty much turned into bloody mush by a full kick from the row behind him..... my wife no longer went.

They won the SB that year.

The following year, they moving into Gillette Stadium and Kraft took the opportunity to make the stadium much more "family friendly" and security starting cracking down on super drunks and fights.

The following year, they won the SB.

The year after that, they won the SB....

as a result, the waiting list for season tickets ballooned to, last I heard, 65,000+.... That gave the Krafts MORE than enough leeway to basically completely clean the place up. You fart the wrong way in Gillette Stadium now and you're season tickets are GONE. They have 65,000 people waiting to snatch your tickets up so there is a complete zero tolerance policy at the stadium now.

Are some people over-served? Of course... you can't eliminate those people completely and you never will... but it is NOTHING like the old days.

As a matter of fact... there is a very likely chance that I'll be bringing my 7 year old to the game Sunday. He's a huge Pats fan (mainly because he's not a complete moron) and has already been to a couple games. He might not have a chance to see Brady/Manning on the same field again.

Could he hear a couple F-bombs? Probably but I have NO real concerns about taking him to Gillette.

Replace 401k with nanobrewery and I think you're on to something.

don't be Paul. The world has too many as it is.

my 401k is just fine athankyou... .and was not remotely touched for my insanely-fast growing and well-respected "side project"

.... we've almost brewed our 99th batch!!!

(see what I did there.... that's funny)

Funny that you responded to that Cape. I remember going to the tin can, and it was awful. I saw my first game at age 7. Thought my dad and uncle were going to have to throw down. They banned Monday night games at Sullivan for quite a while, and not just because the Pats sucked back then. It was a dangerous place. The "fans" now are a bit more subdued. Still a great atmosphere, but I think cost of experience brings a more respectable crowd. I would suggest this is also true in Fenway. Games in the 80's and 90's were a bit more rowdy.

That said, I would again suggest that the Broncos suck and are not worth going to see. Unless you are a Pats fan and want to watch the Pats drub them this weekend.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

Totally agree on it being a different crowd... to a fault sometimes.

I think this weekend will be a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Cards are opposite...

When the played at Sun Devil Stadium, no one wanted to go sit on metal bleachers in 110* to watch a crappy team.

Now, with the brand new stadium and air conditioning (and a good team - I haven't checked lately, but I think they're tied for the best record in the league right now), it's drawn out all the alkies and thugs. Lots of fights, and not much security. Nice family atmosphere...

Last edited by a moderator:
don't be Paul. The world has too many as it is.

my 401k is just fine athankyou... .and was not remotely touched for my insanely-fast growing and well-respected "side project"

.... we've almost brewed our 99th batch!!!

(see what I did there.... that's funny)

Well done. Got the 100th in the fermenter on Sunday PM after watching the Dolphins complete their 3-1 run.

I grew up watching the Raiders play in Oakland Coliseum (pre LA Raider days). To be honest, I think it's a far more hostile environment today then it was then. That said, I've managed to attend 6 different Fins games there wearing Fins jerseys and never had much of a problem. I spring for the expensive seats though, so that helps insulate me from the riffraff...

The Raiders fans probably felt bad for you.

"There goes a Dolphins fan, feel bad for that poor bastard, the Phins are as bad as us! Let's go beat the snot out of the fans of a good team."

Good news, you can still be treated well at a Raiders game.

The Raiders fans probably felt bad for you.

"There goes a Dolphins fan, feel bad for that poor bastard, the Phins are as bad as us! Let's go beat the snot out of the fans of a good team."

Good news, you can still be treated well at a Raiders game.

Since we're 5-1 in those 6 games I kinda doubt it. Anyone who thinks the Fins have been as bad as the Raiders over the last decade is not paying attention.

Doesn't matter though. Until we get a playoff win I got no retort to the 65k bandwagoners who impact the Pats season tix line since they started having post season success.

The first year I had tickets was the last year of the old Foxboro Stadium and that place was a total slaughterhouse. 80% of the place was insanely hammered and there were half a dozen fights in each section, every game. By the end of the year, and after we saw a guy's face pretty much turned into bloody mush by a full kick from the row behind him..... my wife no longer went.

You know, the one time I made it to a game at the old stadium, I was too young to remember much about it... I know it was a game against the Bills. I know it was a season that both teams were awful, and we were in a part of the old bleachers that was... sparse. So there really wasn't much going on in our area to speak of in terms of roudiness, at least not that I remember. Probably close to 25 years ago now.

You know, the one time I made it to a game at the old stadium, I was too young to remember much about it... I know it was a game against the Bills. I know it was a season that both teams were awful, and we were in a part of the old bleachers that was... sparse. So there really wasn't much going on in our area to speak of in terms of roudiness, at least not that I remember. Probably close to 25 years ago now.

That's almost as interesting as a story as the trip to Ireland that moto didn't take. Almost

Well, who could have imagined Detroit sitting alone at the top of the NFC North standings?

Calm down, there is plenty of season left to blow it!

I am a die hard Lions fan and am excited about how they look overall sans the kickers

However, I just can't forget they managed to go 6-1 and finish 7-9 just last year....

I must bring up in their defense, though that Calvin got injured last year and we didn't have our new diamond in the rough...mr. golden Tate

With Calvin, reggie, and Enron all out and still winning games, one would have to assume well be a force to be reckoned with after they're back

Since I'm worried we're about to go on a losing streak (San Diego off 10 days rest and then Detroit off a bye week), I'm gonna get in one last GO PHINS!!!! here...

see what I did there.....

Cards are opposite...

When the played at Sun Devil Stadium, no one wanted to go sit on metal bleachers in 110* to watch a crappy team.

Now, with the brand new stadium and air conditioning (and a good team - I haven't checked lately, but I think they're tied for the best record in the league right now), it's drawn out all the alkies and thugs. Lots of fights, and not much security. Nice family atmosphere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMCxyGEfi0

Can become Raider Fan East sometimes in PHX

Pfft.... As if such riff raff would be allowed on the premises.

You funny Az. I like you. I kill you last.

Mainly because I don't have a vagina.
SURE you don't.... I'm smelling lies here...

I guess I should have spent more time trying to write. Just having trouble these days. I guess I should have just asked if all fans are as big of jackoffs like they were in kc?
3/4+ of all fans at a game are jackoffs. Hell, even my wife is like that. Granted I find it hysterically funny. Not sure what brings out the worst in people but Sports has the market cornered on it.

By the end of the year, and after we saw a guy's face pretty much turned into bloody mush by a full kick from the row behind him..... my wife no longer went.
The following year, they moving into Gillette Stadium and Kraft took the opportunity to make the stadium much more "family friendly" and security starting cracking down on super drunks and fights. .... as a result, the waiting list for season tickets ballooned to, last I heard, 65,000+.... That gave the Krafts MORE than enough leeway to basically completely clean the place up. You fart the wrong way in Gillette Stadium now and you're season tickets are GONE. They have 65,000 people waiting to snatch your tickets up so there is a complete zero tolerance policy at the stadium now.
As a matter of fact... there is a very likely chance that I'll be bringing my 7 year old to the game Sunday. He's a huge Pats fan (mainly because he's not a complete moron) and has already been to a couple games. He might not have a chance to see Brady/Manning on the same field again.
Never really understood violent drunks. That said I can get behind some of that. But the way you portray the zero tolerance policy if for anything other than violence, it sounds lame. As for your kid, I'd call him a bandwagoner like many of the rest of the Pats fans out there but given your locale he's probably legit. :)

I am a die hard Lions fan and am excited about how they look overall sans the kickers
I figure will right the ship on the kicker issues. That said, Stafford has a little Romo in him it seems. Poor bastard.

However, I just can't forget they managed to go 6-1 and finish 7-9 just last year....

I must bring up in their defense, though that Calvin got injured last year and we didn't have our new diamond in the rough...mr. golden Tate

With Calvin, reggie, and Enron all out and still winning games, one would have to assume well be a force to be reckoned with after they're back

All true, and remember that IF we hadn't missed so many EASY kicks the Lions would possibly have been 7-1 or even 8-0.

What I worry about is when the team gets their heads inflated with the success. That seems to trigger bad passes, dropped passes, and stupid attitudes.

I mean, if we make the playoffs it's a successful season. Lord know what will happen if we actually win a playoff game! Probably riots and overturned cars!

Still, I think they look good and have a decent shot if they can keep cranking along. It's a pretty competitive league but I think they can get the playoffs and maybe win one.

For Detroit to make the playoffs they realistically need a 10-6 finish. That's usually enough to make it (Sorry 2013 Cardinals). You have games left against Tampa, Minnesota, Miami, and two against Chicago. Those are all realistic wins. Arizona, New England, and Green Bay are going to be tough.

While there is a huuuuuuuuge part of me that just giggles and takes great joy in watching the Jets just walk into one wall after another as if it is some sort of Vaudville/slapstick sketch... a tiny, tiny part of me actually feels bad... just because you're enough of a stand-up guy to keep showing up here in this thread even though the Jets are what they currently are... unlike others who's win in Week 1, pack on the beer muscles and then slowwwwwwly fade away.

That said... they are like fcuking christmas morning every day. Every day I get up and almost run to some sort of internet connection just to see what train-wreck the Jets have caused in the last 12 hours.

This Decker thing?? Classssssssssssic. Absolutely beautiful. I need to send them a Christmas card.

"Hey tell us why you love us"

"FCUK YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HOLE"

then his WIFE sticks up for him and tells all of the fans they don't care what they think because their life is awesome.

Really... you really can't make shti like that up.

For Detroit to make the playoffs they realistically need a 10-6 finish. That's usually enough to make it (Sorry 2013 Cardinals). You have games left against Tampa, Minnesota, Miami, and two against Chicago. Those are all realistic wins. Arizona, New England, and Green Bay are going to be tough.

Yep. The reason I have some hope. I think we could take the division, but only if we maintain and GB blows a few games. They have a way of coming on strong when the chips are down and Detroit has a tendency of choking down the stretch.

You can't blame the fans for venting their frustration at Decker. He's not the problem but his timing, just like everything with the Jets organization, is terrible. The fans should be pissed. They're paying out the ass for expensive PSLs and season tickets for a team that's way under the salary cap and is non-competitive. In NY. If anything they were way too nice to Decker. They watched their team turn the ball over six times last week. Now we're starting Michael Vick. That's all I'm saying.

You can't blame the fans for venting their frustration at Decker. He's not the problem but his timing, just like everything with the Jets organization, is terrible. The fans should be pissed. They're paying out the ass for expensive PSLs and season tickets for a team that's way under the salary cap and is non-competitive. In NY. If anything they were way too nice to Decker. They watched their team turn the ball over six times last week. Now we're starting Michael Vick. That's all I'm saying.

Oh... Totally agree. I think Mike & Mike summed the while thing up perfectly.. Decker tried to do something simple and nice... and the whole thing mushroom clouded.

Which is AWESOME if you hate the Jets (raising my hand). That wouldn't happen for any other team.

Yep. The reason I have some hope. I think we could take the division, but only if we maintain and GB blows a few games. They have a way of coming on strong when the chips are down and Detroit has a tendency of choking down the stretch.

True. I'd be very encouraged though where the Lions are at despite without their best player. Lions > Jets - something I really never thought I'd see....

Back