Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1538649_522592577852192_529014932_n.jpg

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/22/richard-sherman-contract-extension-seattle-seahawks/

but... but... I thought Sherman was going to play out his contract??

Nahhhhh... I wouldn't be concerned. A jump from $1.5m per year up to $13M per year?? Pfft... that's AWESOME for the salary cap. Don't let anyone tell you differently. At least they have ther QB locked up already and won't need any money there.

wait...

what??

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/22/richard-sherman-contract-extension-seattle-seahawks/

but... but... I thought Sherman was going to play out his contract??

Nahhhhh... I wouldn't be concerned. A jump from $1.5m per year up to $13M per year?? Pfft... that's AWESOME for the salary cap. Don't let anyone tell you differently. At least they have ther QB locked up already and won't need any money there.

wait...

what??

Yeah it totally sucks locking up the best corner in the game.

Ehhh. Second best corner...

And that wasn't the point. The point was someone who knows a lot more about football than you mentioned not too long ago that the Seahawks should enjoy it while they could because the days of paying their stars $23.99 per game were coming to an end quickly and the one thing the Seahawks lucked into, (a massively favorable cap situation), was going to go bye-bye real soon.

Sherman is the first one up. He better be DAMN good for a LONG time.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

I'd rather pay sherman all them monies then have a known cheater playing on my team.........

Revis is due $20 million next year from the Pats. Which corner is going to be more of a cap problem for his team?

He's not remotely going to be a cap problem because anyone with half a brain knows that $20m figure was put in there to basically ensure that Revis would be a free agent again next year unless him and the Pats fell in love and worked out a more reasonable contract extension.

Revis only wanted to sign for one year so they both agreed on a huge Year Two number to basically assure that.... Again... unless they both agree to re-work the deal. By signing him at all, even at the huge number, it gives the Pats more time to negotiate.

It's called "smart".

So your argument? Invalid.

Can't be too hard on them Cape. If you have never had a championship team before, you don't know what the contract fallout looks like the following year. They love their team and think the players do too. I remember back when I was naive, before all the championships.

But then, maybe they really have something there in Seattle. Maybe these athletes from all over the country that grew up rooting for all different teams have spent a couple years in Seattle and have fallen in love. Maybe they will all just take smaller contracts to be closer to the space needle. Maybe the money isn't important to them. It's all about being "pumped and jacked"

Maybe Richard Sherman is an outlier, and the other guys will be happy with their rookie contracts. Yeah, I think that's it. The rest of us just wouldn't understand.

Shermans getting paid however so are Thomas and Wilson. The key is we arent paying high value money to players with little value.

Its going to be similiar to the Pats there will be a core group and everyone around it will be plug and play for managing the cap. With the way P&J draft ive got no problem with that strategy becuase the core will be here and they realize that.

Also think about where the caps going to be in the next few years. 150-160? Thats helps us to front load these contracts even more.

Also we just traded for Terrell Pryor so if Wilson gets paid more somewhere else hello replacement........

Shermans getting paid however so are Thomas and Wilson. The key is we arent paying high value money to players with little value.

Its going to be similiar to the Pats there will be a core group and everyone around it will be plug and play for managing the cap. With the way P&J draft ive got no problem with that strategy becuase the core will be here and they realize that.

Also think about where the caps going to be in the next few years. 150-160? Thats helps us to front load these contracts even more.

The issue is they're going to have to do a dramatically better job with those "second tier" guys because, last year, they had a massive amount of cap room to toss at that level given how little they were paying their big names. That luxury is going away.

The Pats have been able to manage that process successfully for about 14 years now. We'll see how well the Seahawks do going forward once Wilson gets his payday.

The issue is they're going to have to do a dramatically better job with those "second tier" guys because, last year, they had a massive amount of cap room to toss at that level given how little they were paying their big names. That luxury is going away.

The Pats have been able to manage that process successfully for about 14 years now. We'll see how well the Seahawks do going forward once Wilson gets his payday.

Oh the luxury is going away for sure. But look how we got here 3rd rd and below are the bulk of those top tier players now and there's no reason to think they can't do that again

Im opening the betting on how many times the Tate catch against GB is replayed before the opener.

Over/under is 20

Oh my God... I can NOT wait for early December and all of you fcktards are whining about what an easy schedule the Pats had all year.

"Ewwwwwwww. We would be undefeated too if we had that schedule! Waaaaaaa!! WAAAA!!!! Now I need to go put ice on my sore vag!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

I can't wait.

Easiest freakin schedule I have ever seen. I swear I saw a community college club team on there somewhere.

Back