Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, Homer.

The Browns had the week off. They're gonna be ready to play Sunday. Cleveland is going to win one of the next two.
You have any IPA in stock? If not, you better get busy. 3-7 after week ten That's money in the bank:ban:

It's on my agenda, but I'm not too worried about HAVING to brew it. So who does Cleveland have yet to play??

Grossman? Really?

Dude was talkin' about how the 'Skins were missing their "star" running back - how about when your "star" quarterback gets benched at the game's key moment?

Maybe Shanahan was worried about McNabb throwing up in the huddle while running the two-minute drill again. Makes the field too slippery.

Next two weeks are the Pats and the Jets. They're going to win one of those.

Then it's off to Jacksonville, Carolina home, @ Miami, @ Buffalo, @ Cincinnati, then home for Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

We'll win 5 games, 6 on the outside. Like the Lions, the Browns' O line is looking a crap-ton better than it has in the past. They have problems in the secondary, but they're a much improved team over last year.

I'm going to do you guys a favor and save you some trouble.

bos_a_belichick-moss01_300.jpg

"I don't know how to quit you."

Anyone read the transcript of Moss' postgame remarks? That's a pretty good summation of his feelings right now.

Next two weeks are the Pats and the Jets. They're going to win one of those.

Then it's off to Jacksonville, Carolina home, @ Miami, @ Buffalo, @ Cincinnati, then home for Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

We'll win 5 games, 6 on the outside. Like the Lions, the Browns' O line is looking a crap-ton better than it has in the past. They have problems in the secondary, but they're a much improved team over last year.

Wow, you have a lot more confidence in the Browns than I have! :D

Lions have already won their season total from last year, so I'm happy. Anything more is icing on the cake. At least we don't have player controversy. I'd rather root for a team with little talent and great big heart, than a bunch of whiney ass-clowns.

Let's keep something in mind.

Cleveland is 2-5. They beat Cinci (another 2-5 team) and upset the Saints, due to a pair of pick-6's. Your best receivers are who, Ben Watson (think New England misses him?) and David Bowens, the defensive lineman. Colt McCoy going to be starting? Nothing like throwing a rookie in his third game up against a BB defense (that continues to improve, BTW).

Give me one reason why the Browns have any chance of beating either New England OR the J-E-T-S. Just one. They score the second-fewest points per game in the league, and have the fifth-fewest yards per game. Defense is a little better than the offense, but is below-average pretty much any way you want to measure it.

Cleveland sucks. LeBron knew it, as does everyone else.

nobody seems to care about them in this tread, but....

cowboys wtF!?

I am a lifetime Cowboy's fan. With them when they were Staubach's boys, through the Superbowl, 1 & 15 and back to the Superbowls. And, as a Cowboy fan, I truly believe that the only thing that will get Jerry Jones out of coaching is for them to hit rock bottom and stay until he admits defeat. I would have thought after him personally drafting Qunicy Carter and naming Chan Gayley head coach, he would have learned his lesson, but apparently not.Wade phillips is a good to great defensive coordinator, but he sucks as a head coach. He is especially weak under JJ. I'm not sure what really good head coach would take the job unless they can tie Jerry's hands through their contract. - Dwain

There's nothing happening with Wade Phillips in Dallas that didn't happen at the end of his Bills tenure. He's too cozy with his players, you can get away with that to some extend when you're a coordinator but you need respect above all else as head coach.

Get the sense as well that there is zero veteran leadership in the 'Boys locker room.

Jones pretty left Jimmie Johnson alone, didn't he? Cowboys need one of two coaches - Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden - guys who do command a lot of respect - and then Jones needs to leave the team the hell alone.

Hey Bird... I've been super busy and haven't been able to look it up yet... do you know who has the best record in all of the NFL?? I'm not sure who it is.

I would be awwwwfully surprised if it was the Most Dominant Team of the Millenium since they are also the youngest team in the NFL right now AND have the most picks in the 1st four rounds of next year's draft. Could you imagine?

I mean... that would be AMAZING if it was Most Dominant Team of the Millenium since this was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" for them.

Hey Bird... I've been super busy and haven't been able to look it up yet... do you know who has the best record in all of the NFL?? I'm not sure who it is.

I would be awwwwfully surprised if it was the Most Dominant Team of the Millenium since they are also the youngest team in the NFL right now AND have the most picks in the 1st four rounds of next year's draft. Could you imagine?

I mean... that would be AMAZING if it was Most Dominant Team of the Millenium since this was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" for them.

Clearly, this Giant accomplishment overshadows the perfect season capped by a Super Bowl Win.

He likes to keep harping on the Pats' Super Bowl loss (which I think we've all moved on from, after all, the team's pretty much entirely different except Brady, Welker, and BB).

So, what's been the Pats' record in the nearly two-and-a-half seasons since that loss?

27-12. 69% winning percentage. That's with a backup quarterback playing about 40% of those games.

What's the Packers' record over this same period?

22-18 (55%).

Postseason records? Both are 0-1. Pats lost (pretty ugly) to the Ravens, but the Packers gave up FIFTY ONE points in their loss last season to the Cards.

So, why's ollllllllllllllo feel like talkin' smack?

Dude was talkin' about how the 'Skins were missing their "star" running back - how about when your "star" quarterback gets benched at the game's key moment?

Maybe Shanahan was worried about McNabb throwing up in the huddle while running the two-minute drill again. Makes the field too slippery.

Go skins! We'll do better next time.

citation please?

because, as near as I can tell, Colts are winning-est team in the 2000's

Colts:
119-47 = .7168 w/l

Pats:
118-49 = .7065 w/l

even if the colts lose tonight, they'll still have you by a good margin.

Also, as far as all-time stats, patriots are 15th in win/loss percentage.

Biblio:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/nfl-standings-for-the-decade-colts-patriots-are-the-best-lion/

plus

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

Postseason records? Both are 0-1. Pats lost (pretty ugly) to the Ravens, but the Packers gave up FIFTY ONE points in their loss last season to the Cards.

So, why's ollllllllllllllo feel like talkin' smack?

Nice spin.

Pats lost their game by 19.
3 scores. Your post season was over in the FIRST QUARTER of that game.

Pack lost by 6 on a 17y fumble return in OT. They lost to a team that took the Steelers until the final minutes to best.

Still. We ain't won **** in the postseason, during our transition period. That, I'll grant.

Packers ain't won **** in the postseason, either.

How 'bout the 69% versus 55%? Nice to cut that part out of your response. Packers best season of recent vintage was 11-5, same as we achieved with Matt ****ing Cassell QB'ing and one game shy of what we did last season with One Legged Tommy.

How 'bout the 69% versus 55%? Nice to cut that part out of your response. Packers best season of recent vintage was 11-5, same as we achieved with Matt ****ing Cassell QB'ing and one game shy of what we did last season with One Legged Tommy.

um, a fluff stat?

"in the time period that benefits us the best we were 14% better than you"

congrats on skewing the stats in your favor. again.

"14% better" doesn't make any sense mathematically.

And, it's not an arbitrary time period. OllllllllO wants to keep giving the Pats grief about the "1" in the 18-1 season. So, I want to talk about how the Pats have done SINCE then.

What time period would YOU choose to use? I can pretty much guarantee you, if it's a time period through 11-01-10, the Pats are going to look better than the Packers.

"14% better" doesn't make any sense mathematically.

And, it's not an arbitrary time period. OllllllllO wants to keep giving the Pats grief about the "1" in the 18-1 season. So, I want to talk about how the Pats have done SINCE then.

What time period would YOU choose to use? I can pretty much guarantee you, if it's a time period through 11-01-10, the Pats are going to look better than the Packers.

all-time win/loss. "through 11-01-10"

packers 4th, patriots 15th.

The bucs?????

Nice spin.

Pats lost their game by 19.
3 scores. Your post season was over in the FIRST PLAY of that game.

Pack lost by 6 on a 17y fumble return in OT. They lost to a team that took the Steelers until the final minutes to best.

Close, but I corrected to make it more accurate.

I'm not sure how you measure the "age" of a team accurately. You really need to adjust for who's on the field most. In any case, certainly on the defensive side of the ball there isn't a team that's any younger.

Pats' defensive starters:
Devin McCourty (rookie, and a candidate for DROTY)
Pat Chung (2nd year)
Brandon Meriweather (4th year)
Kyle Arrington (2nd year)
Rob Ninkivich (5th year)
Brandon Spikes (rook)
Jerod Mayo (3rd year)
Jermaine Cunningham (rook)
Brandon Deaderick (rook)
Vince Wilfork (7th year)
Gerald Warren (10th year)

That's the guys that Yahoo! lists as being the starters, which is not entirely accurate (at least for every game). Doesn't include guys like Myron Pryor (2nd year), Ron Brace (2nd year), and all of the other young defensive backs.

Pats' D is getting better almost every week. The overall numbers for the year still suck, but if you watch them every week you can see them getting better. And, there's no reason to think the improvement's not going to continue.

27-12. 69% winning percentage. That's with a backup quarterback playing about 40% of those games.

What's the Packers' record over this same period?

22-18 (55%).

2008, was A. Rodgers 1st year as a starter.

BTW, I'm addressing your crap stats. You brought up the point totals in the playoffs, not me. It was a particularly weak argument on your part.

This is the smack thread and I don't care how you cut it. Pats fans were laying out the insane smack 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED about their undefeated season.

There can't be a more epic smack failure than that.

The Bucs?

I should have looked that up... Instead I was simply going with what I had read on ESPN that the Pats currently lead the league in rookie starts.

So, sure. The Bucs might be techically younger. My bad. They probably have all sorts of young guys not good enough to play... As opposed to the NFL-best-record-having New England Patriots who again, lead the league in rookie starts.

This is the smack thread and I don't care how you cut it. Pats fans were laying out the insane smack 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED about their undefeated season.

There can't be a more epic smack failure than that.

Blah blah.... Blah blah blah blah. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

Jesus ollllo, at this rate I'm surpised you havent brought up the Pack an Fahv beating the Pats in the SB back in? When the hell was that? Like 15 years ago??

Back