Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's Mcbrewskie explaining how the niners will be fine? Like I said at the beginning of the year have fun battling for second.

Cape Brewing said:
Hey Darwin.... How 'bout them J-E-T-S huh? Wow.

They haven't had a two game win or lose streak all season so it's not a surprise. Anything over 4 wins is exceeding expectations this season, but they're still in great shape for the last wild card spot given the teams competing for that spot **** the bed this week. I'll take the season split with Buffalo just like I'll take the season split with the Pats.

I also love all the Jets hate by the band wagon Pats fans in this thread. You all seem very concerned about a 5-5 team, starting a rookie qb, and is devoid of talent. It's disappointing that the Jets provide the blueprint for the rest of the league to take down the pats, but no one can take advantage of it.

They haven't had a two game win or lose streak all season so it's not a surprise. Anything over 4 wins is exceeding expectations this season, but they're still in great shape for the last wild card spot given the teams competing for that spot **** the bed this week. I'll take the season split with Buffalo just like I'll take the season split with the Pats.

I also love all the Jets hate by the band wagon Pats fans in this thread. You all seem very concerned about a 5-5 team, starting a rookie qb, and is devoid of talent. It's disappointing that the Jets provide the blueprint for the rest of the league to take down the pats, but no one can take advantage of it.

Bandwagon pats fan? Lol that's funny

Concerned about the Jets? That's also funny.

The last two pages of this shameful thread would suggest otherwise.

You do realize we are talking about the Jets now because you mentioned a few pages ago they are going to the playoffs. And after today's showing we wanted to make sure you were still thinking they are playoff good...because they aren't.

h22lude said:
Bandwagon pats fan? Lol that's funny Concerned about the Jets? That's also funny.

Please try to come up with an original thought or comment, or consider changing your user name to Cape Brewing - Mini me. I'm sure you have it in you if you try really, really hard maybe you can do it. You could just continue to echo what your betters post before you though. Yeah, that's much more likely.

I missed this weeks' games but I'll guess by the gleeful exuberance that the Jets laid an egg. No one cares.

Please try to come up with an original thought or comment, or consider changing your user name to Cape Brewing - Mini me. I'm sure you have it in you if you try really, really hard maybe you can do it. You could just continue to echo what your betters post before you though. Yeah, that's much more likely.

I missed this weeks' games but I'll guess by the gleeful exuberance that the Jets laid an egg. No one cares.

At what point did anyone post what I posted? Please find it and let us all know what you think is similar.

Is it the post of Cape saying no one is concerned about the Jets and then me saying that it is funny? You do know that we both said that because you said we were concerned so of course we are both going to mention it.

First you question why us "bandwagon" pats fans are talking about the Jets (because you mentioned them) and then you try to make fun of me because I said something along the same lines as Cape (because you mentioned us being concerned about the Jets).

Please stop posting here. What you say makes absolutely no sense. You need to think before you post.

At what point did anyone post what I posted? Please find it and let us all know what you think is similar.

LOL!!! No one.... NO ONE is "concerned" about the Jets.

Concerned about the Jets? That's also funny.

Echo..echooo...oooo...oooo.

You do realize we are talking about the Jets now because you mentioned a few pages ago they are going to the playoffs. And after today's showing we wanted to make sure you were still thinking they are playoff good...because they aren't.

I really hate to have to educate Pats fans because I get a great deal of enjoyment from their stupidity, but you do understand how the playoff seeding works right. I'll break it down for you so you can understand clearly.

1) There are six teams in each conference that make the playoffs. S-i-x. That's a big number that requires you to use both hands to count that high.

2) The two teams that don't win their divisions are the wild card teams. That means that they get in based on their record. You know, the whole wins/losses thing.

Who is still in the 6th spot after this week? Oh, that's right, the Jets! Until they decide to completely tank or the rest of the AFC miraculously gets their act together, the spot is theirs to lose.

Echo..echooo...oooo...oooo.

I really hate to have to educate Pats fans because I get a great deal of enjoyment from their stupidity, but you do understand how the playoff seeding works right. I'll break it down for you so you can understand clearly.

1) There are six teams in each conference that make the playoffs. S-i-x. That's a big number that requires you to use both hands to count that high.

2) The two teams that don't win their divisions are the wild card teams. That means that they get in based on their record. You know, the whole wins/losses thing.

Who is still in the 6th spot after this week? Oh, that's right, the Jets! Until they decide to completely tank or the rest of the AFC miraculously gets their act together, the spot is theirs to lose.

You are a moron. I don't think I've encountered anyone as moronic as you. Its quite funny. The reason we had similar posts is because you said "You all seem very CONCERNED about a 5-5 team". We were both replying to what you said. Does that make sense to you or do I need to bring it down to your 5th grade comprehension?

Good job you can read a standings list. The Jets are in the 6th spot now but today is not the end of the season.

Good job you can read a standings list. The Jets are in the 6th spot now but today is not the end of the season.

I know, right? Maybe you should try to hit that up sometime before you come on here and spout off about teams that you don't know jack about. The Jets are a deeply flawed team, no one is denying that, but the AFC as a whole is flawed and the Jets are fully capable and, most importantly and bolded for you, are in position to sneak in. As we've seen in the last few years, all you need to do is get in and even a low (or flawed) seed can get hot and go deep into the playoffs. I mean don't you, a deeply rooted and well knowledgeable Pats fan (not at all a bandwagon fan, no, no of course not, never, why would anyone say that?) remember the 2007-2008 and 2011-2012 playoffs? Perhaps you've just wiped those from your memory, or maybe as I deeply suspect, you're a bandwagon fan because no true Pats fan would write off a low playoff seed given their miserable performance against these teams the last few years.

You are a moron. I don't think I've encountered anyone as moronic as you. Its quite funny.

On a completely not football note, and something is that is more germane (feel free to bust out your dictionary, there's no shame) to this thread given the title....

You trash talk like Geno Smith / Mark Sanchez / (insert inept Jets QB here) play football. Terrible, and frankly shameful. This is a line that I would expect from a middle school age child, not an adult. You can and should do better. My expectations are low for a Pats "fan" :)rolleyes:) but I do truly believe that you can do better. Perhaps you could channel your inner Cape (shouldn't be hard, just go back four or five pages and copy/paste something he wrote) and harness that obnoxious Masshole attitude that America hates and that Cape does so well at. Originality is something that perhaps you should avoid for a while until you get your feet under you.

Well, no surprises today. Seattle wins again and pretty much sews up home field for the playoffs and an easy road right to a Super Bowl win. Then for gravy, it looks like when the night is over the Seahawks will once again have the best record in the NFL. As I said, no surprises.

And this... has gotta hurt.

DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif

On a completely not football note, and something is that is more germane (feel free to bust out your dictionary, there's no shame) to this thread given the title....

You trash talk like Geno Smith / Mark Sanchez / (insert inept Jets QB here) play football. Terrible, and frankly shameful. This is a line that I would expect from a middle school age child, not an adult. You can and should do better. My expectations are low for a Pats "fan" :)rolleyes:) but I do truly believe that you can do better. Perhaps you could channel your inner Cape (shouldn't be hard, just go back four or five pages and copy/paste something he wrote) and harness that obnoxious Masshole attitude that America hates and that Cape does so well at. Originality is something that perhaps you should avoid for a while until you get your feet under you.

Well coming from someone that says the Jets are a playoff team, I appreciate the compliment.

I know, right? Maybe you should try to hit that up sometime before you come on here and spout off about teams that you don't know jack about. The Jets are a deeply flawed team, no one is denying that, but the AFC as a whole is flawed and the Jets are fully capable and, most importantly and bolded for you, are in position to sneak in. As we've seen in the last few years, all you need to do is get in and even a low (or flawed) seed can get hot and go deep into the playoffs. I mean don't you, a deeply rooted and well knowledgeable Pats fan (not at all a bandwagon fan, no, no of course not, never, why would anyone say that?) remember the 2007-2008 and 2011-2012 playoffs? Perhaps you've just wiped those from your memory, or maybe as I deeply suspect, you're a bandwagon fan because no true Pats fan would write off a low playoff seed given their miserable performance against these teams the last few years.

No one mentioned that low playoff teams can't win. Please find it for me (you won't so don't waste your time). I said the Jets won't make the playoffs. Should I explain the different between those two statements or do you think you can figure it out on your own?

Any team that makes the playoffs can win. Yes good for you for bringing up the NY Giants...but they weren't the 6th seed. The Jets are the 6th seed. They can't make the 5th seed because (and yes I will tell you why so you don't have to go look it up) we have the 3 1st place teams (Pats, Indy and Cinci) and then Denver and KC battling it out for the other 1st place spot and the 1st wild card spot. The best the Jets can do is 6th seed. Back to what I originally said, the Jets won't make the 6th seed.

Yeah... I kind of agree. The Jets are terrible. I don't see them "sneaking" into anything... Except another high draft pick. Although they're not really "sneakin" towards. One could easily argue the Jets are announcing their presence with authority on their march towards that.

Any team that makes the playoffs can win. Yes good for you for bringing up the NY Giants...but they weren't the 6th seed. The Jets are the 6th seed. They can't make the 5th seed because (and yes I will tell you why so you don't have to go look it up) we have the 3 1st place teams (Pats, Indy and Cinci) and then Denver and KC battling it out for the other 1st place spot and the 1st wild card spot. The best the Jets can do is 6th seed. Back to what I originally said, the Jets won't make the 6th seed.

If you don't understand the concept of a what a "low" seed means there is no hope for you. The 2010-2011 playoffs saw two 6 seeds play in the conference championships and one win the whole thing. Any team that makes the playoffs and gets hot is dangerous regardless of what seed # they have.

If the season ended today, the Jets would be in the playoffs. That's all that I care about. They have a one game lead (tie breaker over Miami) over the rest of the putrid AFC. Maybe one those teams gets hot and finishes the season strong. If you watched football you would know that the Jets have a playoff caliber defense, but a very inconsistent offense. Their defense usually keeps them in games when the QB is not throwing pick 6's. A 9-7, or more likely, a 8-8 team is going to take the final seed. Which is very likely where the Jets will end up. The rest of the AFC in contention: Miami, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Tennessee, Oakland, and San Diego have more flaws to overcome than the Jets do. If you want to make a case for Baltimore, I'd listen but the rest don't have a shot.

- Miami - Lost their starting LT and LG to bullying, and their C has been injured. Too much media attention and distraction. Not good.

- Pittsburgh - Too old and washed up.

- Cleveland - God hates Cleveland. They're also starting Jason Campbell.

- Baltimore - Has a legitimate shot, however the AFC North teams all have to play each other. Joe Flacco is highly over-rated.

- Tennessee - Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB and they lost to the Jaguars. Not much to say here.

- Oakland - Years away from seriously contending.

- San Diego - Defense? Anyone?

Yeah... I kind of agree. The Jets are terrible. I don't see them "sneaking" into anything... Except another high draft pick. Although they're not really "sneakin" towards. One could easily argue the Jets are announcing their presence with authority on their march towards that.

Yeah so terrible that they beat the Pats once this season, and if not for a turnover machine at QB should have a 2-0 season record in the series? Please. The Jets provided the outline for how to beat, if not straight up dominate the Pats. Hit Brady. Hard. Repeatedly. The whiny little ***** doesn't like to get hit and he gets skittish and rushes his throws. When you see him looking around for flags with that petulant whinny look on his face is when you know you're in his head. If the other team actually has a competent offense the game becomes a blowout. Sadly, the rest of the NFL hasn't figured this out yet.

MIAMI WON and I hit all my numbers on brewday, what a great day yesterday was :D And the jets lost, which makes it even greater

If you don't understand the concept of a what a "low" seed means there is no hope for you. The 2010-2011 playoffs saw two 6 seeds play in the conference championships and one win the whole thing. Any team that makes the playoffs and gets hot is dangerous regardless of what seed # they have.

If the season ended today, the Jets would be in the playoffs. That's all that I care about. They have a one game lead (tie breaker over Miami) over the rest of the putrid AFC. Maybe one those teams gets hot and finishes the season strong. If you watched football you would know that the Jets have a playoff caliber defense, but a very inconsistent offense. Their defense usually keeps them in games when the QB is not throwing pick 6's. A 9-7, or more likely, a 8-8 team is going to take the final seed. Which is very likely where the Jets will end up. The rest of the AFC in contention: Miami, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Tennessee, Oakland, and San Diego have more flaws to overcome than the Jets do. If you want to make a case for Baltimore, I'd listen but the rest don't have a shot.

- Miami - Lost their starting LT and LG to bullying, and their C has been injured. Too much media attention and distraction. Not good.

- Pittsburgh - Too old and washed up.

- Cleveland - God hates Cleveland. They're also starting Jason Campbell.

- Baltimore - Has a legitimate shot, however the AFC North teams all have to play each other. Joe Flacco is highly over-rated.

- Tennessee - Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB and they lost to the Jaguars. Not much to say here.

- Oakland - Years away from seriously contending.

- San Diego - Defense? Anyone?

Yeah so terrible that they beat the Pats once this season, and if not for a turnover machine at QB should have a 2-0 season record in the series? Please. The Jets provided the outline for how to beat, if not straight up dominate the Pats. Hit Brady. Hard. Repeatedly. The whiny little ***** doesn't like to get hit and he gets skittish and rushes his throws. When you see him looking around for flags with that petulant whinny look on his face is when you know you're in his head. If the other team actually has a competent offense the game becomes a blowout. Sadly, the rest of the NFL hasn't figured this out yet.

Ok I'm going to stop this back and forth thing. Let's get back to just talking about football.

You are right. You did say low seed which includes 5th and 6th (which the Giants were 5th) both years. Any team making the playoffs has a chance. I just had 6th seed in my mind since we were talking about the Jets.

The Jets are 6th right now with a tie breaker over Dolphins because the Jets are 2-2 and Dolphins are 0-2 in the AFC east. They need to play each other twice and u believe the dolphins play the bills again. Jets and Dolphins both suck but I feel the Dolphins will take the tie breaker based on divisional wins at the end. I think they will both be 8-8. With teams like those two, it is hard to really say though.

Ravens could make it but I agree Flacco is overrated. I think Lewis held that team together though most of that team is no longer there.

That last spot will be either Jets or Dolphins. I personally feel the Dolphins have an edge but it is a toss up.

Jets do play the Pats hard. I think one big reason is Rex. He knows BBs style and way of playing. That with a pretty good defense is a good combo to beat the Pats.

MIAMI WON and I hit all my numbers on brewday, what a great day yesterday was :D And the jets lost, which makes it even greater

All in all I was happy with yesterday. Jets lost. Good night game. Welker was beat up though I'm going to Sundays game and wanted to see welker play. And I did a batch too and everything went well.

All in all I was happy with yesterday. Jets lost. Good night game. Welker was beat up though I'm going to Sundays game and wanted to see welker play. And I did a batch too and everything went well.

I didnt get to see last nights game, is welker out for awhile? That chiefs d is fierce, I figured Petyon would put up more than he did.

Speaking of fierce, how about this beast of a play [ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000283274/Charles-Clay-39-yard-touchdown-catch"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000283274/Charles-Clay-39-yard-touchdown-catch[/ame]

I didnt get to see last nights game, is welker out for awhile? That chiefs d is fierce, I figured Petyon would put up more than he did.

The report this morning is that the earliest he'll be able to practice is Friday, if at all this week. But I guess it's up to the Dr..

Yeah last I heard was Friday as well. I thought by ruling he had to stay out for one week but I guess I was wrong.

Is it sad that I am more likely to read a post from accidic than from Darwin or Hlude?

*Edit* not that I would read one from Accidic, but just sayin.

Miami - Lost their starting LT and LG to bullying, and their C has been injured. Too much media attention and distraction. Not good.

The only starting LT spot Jonathan Martin has ever held down is the NFL All-Crybaby Team and if he ever comes back he won't be displacing Mt. McKinnie. Incognito will be back and so will Pouncy. And would you know, even with two legit starters out the line played arguably its best game all season.

The only thing the media attention has done is to motivate the offensive line. And with that cancer Martin likely gone for good I would be willing to bet that they'll win another four games.

The only starting LT spot Jonathan Martin has ever held down is the NFL All-Crybaby Team and if he ever comes back he won't be displacing Mt. McKinnie. Incognito will be back and so will Pouncy. And would you know, even with two legit starters out the line played arguably its best game all season.

The only thing the media attention has done is to motivate the offensive line. And with that cancer Martin likely gone for good I would be willing to bet that they'll win another four games.

All relevant facts right here ladies :D

yeah, they got "motivated" and went 1-1.....

cool story.

Back