Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Football is retarded. Boring to watch. You get maybe 2 plays every 5-10 minutes then a bunch of huddles, replays, check this check that. And the majority of the time they're just running for 2 seconds in a big clump and the play is over and you're left thinking WTF? The only thing good to ever come from football are the Superbowl Commercials.

Thanks for setting up this thread to Trash Talk Football :D

Dude, you are my hero... No, seriously...
I guess Im an instant gratification kind of sports fan. Compress the action to three five minute rounds. (And no guarantee that it will go that long). Multiply that by the number of fights on the fight card, and 2 hours of an event = more entertainment IMO.
-Me

Yep,
It's on like Donkey Kong.

Better start brewing. I'm no beer pediphile.:ban::D

Too late. I already got an IPA in da keg. And guess what....

It took 3rd place in the Suds on the Shore Homebrew competition! So get ready for some awesome beer buddy!

(Not that I am implying that I will lose, just that I am prepared to lose, or something...) :drunk:

On a more serious note, I know the Lions will have a tough time this season, cause the Bears, Packers, and Vikings are all looking pretty good in our divison.

However, my biggest wish (besides the Lions going 8-8) is to see Brett Favre fall on his face. I used to have so much respect for him, and now I have more respect for Culpepper. Unfortunately, I foresee the Vikings being pretty good even if he wasn't there.

I wish everyone wouldn't be so down on Favre. Like it or not, he's still good enough to be in the NFL. He has something he loves, is one of the best ever at his job, and has a hard time letting it go. I am a rams fan, and I would take his geriatric ass in a heart beat.

I read that Favre post and spit at my monitor.

The guy is f'in FORTY, lead the league last year in picks... AGAIN... and is coming off arm surgery.

He's 3-5 for playoff appearances... in the last TEN years. And yeah, he was a lague MVP... TWELVE YEARS AGO.

The guy had one decent season back on '07 and has sucked ball bags every other year for the last five or so.

He absolutely bent the vikings over and is going to $12M of their money for his trouble. Dumbest move... EVER.

Now the Vikes get to play "who the F is our QB gonna be" next year too, after Favre retires AGAIN.

(I CAN"T STOP USING CAPS!!!)

Hey 'Brewtus! This hit a little close to home for you? ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tByP3Q-zTUw]YouTube - NFL Players Mentor Troubled Detroit Lions[/ame]

Pats look real good this season, not sure bout the the seymore trade but..... with Brady healthy we should be back to the bowl.

7 is the magic number. Steelers will take it again!

Oh and for Bobcat... How do the ducks look now? Looked fabulous vs Boise to me. :)

Lets Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lets try to win it this year!!!!!!!!!!

You really are joking right? I mean you do understand that last year was a fluke. That it must have been some poor cancer kid's dying wish to god that the cardinals make it to the super bowl. To bad he only wish that they would make it there.

You really are joking right? I mean you do understand that last year was a fluke. That it must have been some poor cancer kid's dying wish to god that the cardinals make it to the super bowl. To bad he only wish that they would make it there.

LOL. One of the few times I agree with a dirty bird fan. :mug:

Did Kurt Warner have a child or something? He must have gotten his hands on another soul somehow to sell to the devil for the 2008 campaign.

The bottom line is the rest of the league and their fans know that their asses belong to the Patriots and there isnt a god damn thing they can do about it.

Oh, Big Ben and the Steelers won another ring..............Meh, only because Tombrady went down and all of you know it.
I bet even the Giants are feeling bad about ruining history with that sad sack final drive where they pulled more horseshoes out of their ass than Stone has hops.

NFL, note from the Patriots offense
You Will Be Entered

I hereby decree that all NFL coaches upon the week that they are preparing to play the New England Patriots all be know from this day forward as ***** 1, ***** 2 etc, etc ,etc

Damn, pats fan really do like to live in the past don't they. I guess its hard to let something go.

Damn, pats fan really do like to live in the past don't they. I guess its hard to let something go.

It was a flukey play away from a perfect season, how easy would it be for you to let it go?
Be honest.

No matter, I used to go to the bar and watch the games when they were blacked out during the Marc Wilson era so I relish the ass pounding they have given the rest of the NFL since Brady became their starter.

They'll hang 35+ on half their opponents this year.

I wasn't talking about letting that play go. I would still be pissed to. I was talking about not letting go of the fact that the Pats are not what they used to be and they are going to suck again.

And if the games were blacked out how were you watching them at the bar???? Im calling bull**** on this.

And if the games were blacked out how were you watching them at the bar???? Im calling bull**** on this.

Because they had a big assed satellite dish
It was blacked out locally but we could see the national broadcasts on the big dish............. no commercials either :rockin:

Like this
090603c.jpg

Go easy on data. He still lingers under the impression that the Ravens were Baltimore's original football team. He thinks Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry (old Pats reference worked in nicely) played their football in Indianapolis. He wasn't around for the heartache of the Colts packing up and bolting town in the middle of the night.

Oh, and the Ravens suck. Go Pats.

You dont even like football yet you stick your head in here just to give me **** don't ya. Eh can't say I wouldn't do the same.

LOL! Is that what you got?

Oh, God, my sides hurt from that one!

Shoot, I can't even type I'm laughing so hard!

Ok, check out the title of the thread... Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Try again, please! ;)
Not quite trash talk. Grew up in the mitten state. Hard to admit to supporting that team.

Gotta mention the Seahawks, I know they have had many typical Seattle professional sports team years with choking in the playoffs but am hoping for a better season this year.

It says something that they went 4-0 in the pre-season which is a first for the franchise and every ticket is sold out for the entire season, that means the nose bleeds too.

It says something that they went 4-0 in the pre-season which is a first for the franchise and every ticket is sold out for the entire season, that means the nose bleeds too.

Go to a real football town and the stadium is sold out for the next 30 years!!!! Even when the team sucks. If an NFL team can't fill the stands they need to just give up.

Go to a real football town and the stadium is sold out for the next 30 years!!!! Even when the team sucks. If an NFL team can't fill the stands they need to just give up.

I am not talking about season tickets. I am just talking about single game tickets that don't even go on sale until like a month before the season.

because Baltimore is totally known for being a football town....yeah right.

nor you in Seattle...I was on a season ticket waiting list for over five years. Ever heard of Washington? Not the city where you go to get shot but the state. Theres an entire other part of the country on this side believe it or not. You should know its where most of your hops come from.

And if there is any wait at all for season tickets what is the big deal about them actually selling out a game. :confused:

They packed up and left in the middle of the night to avoid a damn riot. 10 years ago Boston would have celebrated if the Pats had left.

Back