Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually just enjoy going outside and playing sports regardless, Don't enjoy sitting in front of a TV watching any of them except maybe motorcross and some of the X Games events.

ummm... wrong... dramatically wrong.

The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss notes today that with an average age of 27.2, the New England Patriots' roster entering training camp is the oldest in the National Football League, even though it is actually not as old as it was entering camp last season. Reiss also notes that the Patriots currently employ three of the four halfbacks in the NFL who are 32 or older: Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk.

Patriots enter camp with NFL's oldest roster - Projo Pats Blog

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...r_pointing_to_a_talent_show_at_patriots_camp/

Now, what matters will be what the roster looks like after final cuts are made, but this is definately a veteran team even with some youth being infused.

Yeah, I also think a huge difference is who the starters are too... if you go by average age of the starters, the Pats aren't the oldest at all.

And your RB example os he perfect example... Laurence Maroney is the starting RB, by far the youngest out of the four they have.

F the Pats
F the Cowboys
F the Vikings
F the Bears
F the Packers

That is all.

All I'm hearing is sour grapes :D

I plan on ... seeing how the Bears do this year. They've been disappointing me ever since they handed the Colts the Super Bowl in 07.

I freaking hate everybody named Manning.

Yeah, I also think a huge difference is who the starters are too... if you go by average age of the starters, the Pats aren't the oldest at all.

And your RB example os he perfect example... Laurence Maroney is the starting RB, by far the youngest out of the four they have.

Maroney won't get more than 50% of the carries this year, though. He *might* nominally be the starter, but he'll split carries with Sammy and Fred Taylor (who are both north of 32 - as is Faulk - which might as well be AARP-elibible when it comes to running backs). Brady's 32. Moss is 32.

I mean, they aren't going to keel over tomorrow, and they've done a great job at infusing some youth (especially into the secondary) - but the team is still a lot closer to "old" than it is to "young."

No, I don't want you to hurt yourself.

It's meaningless until the final cuts are made; one of the guys in the office said ESPN radio was talking about Sammy Morris potentially being on the chopping block, which I have a hard time imagining.

I'll give you one thing - they've got to be younger than the Celtics!

are you talking about last night?!?!

You're talking about PRESEASON!???!?! (in my best Alan Iverson voice)... we're TALKIN' PRESEASON!!?!?

And once the first team offense came off the field (thank freakin' GOD for you since they were bending your D over a couch) the game finally got close. Brady and the first team offense were makin' you guys look like the Lions!!!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with the 1 being the least and 10 being the most... the Iggles scare me... zero.

I do seem to remember a certain team going 4-0 last preseason. 'Brewtus, can you help me remember who that might have been?

yeah so what? so the lions went 4-0 in preseason and then really stank up the league, again so what? that was last yr and this yrs team has turned over a new leaf;) this yr we'll suprise some people and get to play spoiler for some peoples dreams but i am worried about our away schedule since were playing the afc east i believe steelers away is gonna suck.

oh to heck with it....go lions!

Look at it this way... it can't get worse.

Nah... kidding aside, I think the Lion's worse times are behind them now that freakin' Millen is gone. Wow. how bad can you possibly f-up a team!?!? Allllllthough... Al Davis is apparently try to find out..

...and I think you meant the AFC North

Hot off the press....

Coach Jim Schwartz picks Daunte Culpepper as Lions' starting quarterback to open preseason
by Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK - Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz has named Daunte Culpepper as the starting quarterback for Saturday's preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons at Ford Field.

Just moments after making the announcement, Schwartz said it really doesn't mean anything.

Culpepper and rookie first-round pick Matthew Stafford are in a battle for the starting quarterback job and Schwartz said that Stafford would likely get the start next week against the Browns in Cleveland.

And what about the third preseason game? Will the starter of that game give us a clue as to who will start in the regular season?

"We've got a lot of ground between now and the third (game). Don't try to play that game, don't try to read too much into it because, honestly, there's nothing there,'' Schwartz said.

As for Saturday's game, Culpepper will likely go into the second quarter with Stafford replacing him. Stafford will play into the second half with Drew Stanton finishing out. As for how long each player would go, Schwartz didn't want to be nailed down.

"We don't have an exact number of plays or an exact number of series or an exact number of throws. We'll just play it by ear,'' he said.

All I'm hearing is sour grapes :D

I plan on ... seeing how the Bears do this year. They've been disappointing me ever since they handed the Colts the Super Bowl in 07.

I freaking hate everybody named Manning.

Should be better, but the play calling hasn't really changed much. I hope they're able to finally offer some protection to Cutler and if Hester could get hooked on Phonics, he might be a decent receiving threat ... he's certainly able to stretch the field and out pace any back in football.

you all are kwazy.

It's the year of the Man-genious.

Go Browns, baby!

I do seem to remember a certain team going 4-0 last preseason. 'Brewtus, can you help me remember who that might have been?

That was my Detroit Lions, or as I like to call them, the 2008 Preseason Champions.

by the Whale Vagina Chargers?? Stay classy....

Please... peyton is actually verb now in Boston. It means - to absolutely choke on a grand stage.

"Oh man... I can't believe I took that model home!!! She was all into some crazy stuff but then I somehow managed to peyton the whole deal and she took off."

Ok.

Let's look at the Colts seasons since Manning was Drafted.

1998 - 3-13, didn't make the playoffs.
1999 - Lost to the Titans
2000 - Lost to the Dolphins
2001 - 6-10, didn't make the playoffs
2002 - Lost to the Jets
2003 - Lost to the Patriots
2004 - Lost to the Patriots
2005 - Lost to the Steelers
2006 - Won the Super Bowl (2 words?)
2007 - Lost to the Chargers
2008 - Lost to the Chargers

Ok, so the Chargers and the Cheaters, I mean Patriots each have two post season smack-downs.

But I think SD has like 4 or 5 regular season wins too.
:fro:

edit: I also found out that Manning's first win was against the Chargers and Cryin' Ryan Leaf.
You will never see me type that name again. :p

I just meant on top of the 2 post season wins against the Colts.

We'll only need 3 post season wins this year. ;)

So who's the only team with 6 super bowl rings, including the most recent one.
Steelers, that's who!!! Since we can't play baseball here anymore, we will just be happy with the Steelers and an occasional Stanley Cup.

Go Black and Gold!!!

PS: off thread, but I just bottled a Golden Draak clone today.

Dave

You know.....Romo does rhyme with Homo...ha ha ha ha.

Like, "You have to be a Homo not to be a fan of the Cowboys and Romo". Hey you're right, it does rhyme, not to mention being an amazing judge of character. - Dwain

Back