Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And we've also established that you really havent been able to grasp the purpose of this thread, regardless of the fairly self-explanitory title.
So "I can't fathom a situation where the Pats don't at least make it to the SB" is your idea of trash talking? My dog's dumps do more trash talking that that piddly ass empty hope. Break out something with conviction such as "We sent our gangbanger to jail to give you worthless @#$%s a sporting chance but judging by their inability to get out of their own damn way, they will be lucky to have more than 2 teams break .500, much less lay a finger on our juggernaut of a team." Convince me that you want it or don't even bother wtf.

They don't need to score 500+ points. They just need a better defense... Ad I think they're going to have it this year. Everyone is all lathered up about a couple players on the offense while ignoring that they should be a fair amount better on D.
I agree with this completely. The problem is if their offense takes a substantial hit they'll need an even better Defense to make up for it. IE, with last year's point production they only needed a top 20 defense and they could have possibly won it all. This year it may take top 10 or 15.

Pittsburgh was 8-8 last year, and I'm not sure there's much reason to believe they'll be much better next year. Even losing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, I'd be shocked if the the Ravens didn't finish ahead of the Steelers, but the Bengals may well take the division.

Miami will be better but I don't see them cracking into double-digit wins. That's the only team that will be remotely competitive in the AFC East, but they should be decent.

And Kansas City as a wild card? The same Chiefs that went 2-14 last year? The same Chiefs that gave up twice as many points as they scored? They'll be better only because they can't get much worse... but they ain't sniffin' no playoffs. Jim Mora should be coaching those guys... "I just hope we can win a game." I wouldn't put down more than $5 on that, and then only if I got like 500-1 odds!

When you roll out Brady Quinn as your starting QB, you're going to lose a lot of games. The addition of Alex Smith is going to be a major improvement, as is the addition of Andy Reid as HC. I'm not a huge Reid fan, but it's a significant improvement. Kansas City also has some very talented play makers particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Again, a competent QB and friendly schedule could take them to 8-8 or 9-7 and sneak them in.

As for Pittsburgh - I consider Roethlesburger to be in a similar class as Brady. When you start him, just like you start Brady, you're giving your team a tremendous chance to win. They won't score a lot of points but they'll do enough to get to 9-7 and get in.

As for Indy being in a weak division - you're telling you wouldn't want to play four games against Jacksonville and Tennessee? There's no way they don't go 3-1 in those games, and Houston, well Houston isn't invincible either. They split that series, Indy is hypothetically at 4-2.

Baltimore - Has lost WAY too much of their roster to be more than a 8-8 team this year. They'll be competitive but they're not making it back to the playoffs, and if they do, they're not going far.

The AFC east is a complete joke. The Pats get 2 games each against Sanchez "Butt Fumble" McGee and "E.J. Manual - Who the F else would pick him" Buffalo Bills. Miami has the talent but they're closer to being a train wreck than a legitimate playoff contender. Pats will go 5-1 against the AFC East and coast to the playoffs amid classy New England fans sporting "Free Hernandez" t-shirts at Foxboro.

So "I can't fathom a situation where the Pats don't at least make it to the SB" is your idea of trash talking? My dog's dumps do more trash talking that that piddly ass empty hope. Break out something with conviction such as "We sent our gangbanger to jail to give you worthless @#$%s a sporting chance but judging by their inability to get out of their own damn way, they will be lucky to have more than 2 teams break .500, much less lay a finger on our juggernaut of a team." Convince me that you want it or don't even bother wtf.

Says the guy with a video game anime avatar....

@Darwin18, Shrug, just see the post quote before you stealth edited and it'll make more sense or you know, just don't pretend you don't know why I was teasing.

@Hoppy, Says the guy posting via an electronic forum. Good call tho grandma.

@Darwin18, Shrug, just see the post quote before you stealth edited and it'll make more sense or you know, just don't pretend you don't know why I was teasing.

@Hoppy, Says the guy posting via an electronic forum. Good call tho grandma.

How is it a stealth edit on my part, when your direct quote from my post has that edit in it? Perhaps you should read when you write before trying to be snarky? :p

Me and 10 guys from this forum could win the AFC east playing against the scrubs the pats get to play 6 times a year.

The Pats' ProShop is letting people trade in their #81 Aaron Hernandez jerseys this weekend, for the equivalent jersey of any other player in the store. The only jersey I own is a #85 (rookie year, pre-OchoCinco) Aaron Hernandez, but I didn't buy it at the Pro Shop. I figure that with most of the remaining Hernandez jerseys off the market, I can sell it to some Raiders fan for $800.

Anyone think that if Al Davis hadn't died 15 years ago, he would have put a waiver claim in on Hernandez?

I'd hold on to it.

Just think about how cool it would be to have an OJ jersey today. What a great conversation piece!

Accidic said:

Settle down there, Francis.

How is it a stealth edit on my part, when your direct quote from my post has that edit in it? Perhaps you should read when you write before trying to be snarky? :p
Shrug, when I hit quote it said "...cost..." Maybe my vision is just going quicker than one would hope. You very clearly did edit it at least once though considering it doesn't say anything close to what it did now though.

@the_bird, 15 years as in dog years? :)

edit: Looking at the exchange thing I have to admit it's an extremely classy move by Kraft and the organization. Good for them. :)

@the_bird, 15 years as in dog years? :)

edit: Looking at the exchange thing I have to admit it's an extremely classy move by Kraft and the organization. Good for them. :)

Agree. The statement about kids not knowing why their parents wouldn't want them to wear their Hernandez jersey was spot on and really smart.

MessagesImage2031788206_zps863f4298.png

Shrug, when I hit quote it said "...cost..." Maybe my vision is just going quicker than one would hope. You very clearly did edit it at least once though considering it doesn't say anything close to what it did now though.

So? Let's stick to what's important here. Destroying the idea of the "Patriot/Belichick Way".

Darwin18 said:
So? Let's stick to what's important here. Destroying the idea of the "Patriot/Belichick Way".

I figure I would put my 2 pennies in. I love how most of the smack talk is about the pats on here even before the Hernandez thing. You know your team is doing something right if everyone else hats your team. That being said if by " Patriot/Belichick way u mean one of the best one of the most celebrated head coaches and teams in history I ask why u would want to destroy that. Also I always hear about the division thing which is bull. What about the Yankees in the 90's no one blames them for being in a bad division or eating pounds of steroids they are just celebrated as a great team and I can say that even being a sox fan

I figure I would put my 2 pennies in. I love how most of the smack talk is about the pats on here even before the Hernandez thing. You know your team is doing something right if everyone else hats your team. That being said if by " Patriot/Belichick way u mean one of the best one of the most celebrated head coaches and teams in history I ask why u would want to destroy that. Also I always hear about the division thing which is bull. What about the Yankees in the 90's no one blames them for being in a bad division or eating pounds of steroids they are just celebrated as a great team and I can say that even being a sox fan

You can't say anything about the Yanks roiding because both Sox world series championships in this century were roid fueled as well. People talk constantly about the Pats on here because there are a good number of Massholes in this thread.

motobrewer said:
Except you are forgetting - Brady and billy both fing blow.

So.....yeah.

Oh ya I forgot that. Silly me they both suck real bad at their job. I don't think there was ever a worse duo in all of sports!?

McBrewskie said:
You can't say anything about the Yanks roiding because both Sox world series championships in this century were roid fueled as well. People talk constantly about the Pats on here because there are a good number of Massholes in this thread.

I'm not saying any about the yanks they were all on roids. Proud MASSHOLE here but I don't drive like one lol

I'm not saying any about the yanks they were all on roids. Proud MASSHOLE here but I don't drive like one lol

For the record I like Massholes. I am just saying that the large number of them in here is a driving force behind the Pats talk. There are also a number of Seahawks fans/Bandwaggoners in here as well. I wish we had a more diverse group. Where the heck are the Cowboys fans, or the Philly fans(well maybe not the Philly fans), or the Steeler fans?

Oh ya I forgot that. Silly me they both suck real bad at their job. I don't think there was ever a worse duo in all of sports!?

Actually they are pretty good. A top 5 coach QB duo for sure. Now you got me thinking on that. Hmm, time for a list.

Walsh, Montana is obviously number 1. Yeah I might actually put Billy and Tommy number 2. I hate to say this but Landry and Staubach number 3 seems appropriate. At 4 Noll and Bradshaw. 5, hmm okay this is where it gets difficult. I will go Lombardi and Starr.

McBrewskie said:
Actually they are pretty good. A top 5 coach QB duo for sure. Now you got me thinking on that. Hmm, time for a list.

Walsh, Montana is obviously number 1. Yeah I might actually put Billy and Tommy number 2. I hate to say this but Landry and Staubach number 3 seems appropriate. At 4 Noll and Bradshaw. 5, hmm okay this is where it gets difficult. I will go Lombardi and Starr.

Ya and give Bill and Tom 4 more years and they might just top that list

For the record I like Massholes. I am just saying that the large number of them in here is a driving force behind the Pats talk. There are also a number of Seahawks fans/Bandwaggoners in here as well. I wish we had a more diverse group. Where the heck are the Cowboys fans, or the Philly fans(well maybe not the Philly fans), or the Steeler fans?

I've lurked on this thread for a while and always wondered about the lack of Steelers fans. I thought they enjoyed trash talking just as much as New England fans. Besides last years Steeler **** show, whenever there's a Pats/Steelers playoff, you know it's going to be an awesome game.

46andbrew said:
I figure I would put my 2 pennies in. I love how most of the smack talk is about the pats on here even before the Hernandez thing. You know your team is doing something right if everyone else hats your team.

Haters gonna hate.

I'm not sure why everyone says their window is closing. I would say that Brady's window is closing. After Brady the Pats are still going to be the class of the NFL. So now you know.

bluemoose said:
I'm not sure why everyone says their window is closing. I would say that Brady's window is closing. After Brady the Pats are still going to be the class of the NFL. So now you know.

Nothing says class like double homicide!!

Back