Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to give Data fuel for the fire here ;) but some of these interference calls against the Ravens tonight are pretty damn petty.

That was just a ****ty game in every possible aspect: officiating, playing, and coaching. Greg Mattison had better be getting fired after this year.

It was a difficult game to watch.

Hard to complain about the calls if your team gets the ball placed on the 1 two times. You have to punch those in or you lose.

You lost.

It was a difficult game to watch.

Hard to complain about the calls if your team gets the ball placed on the 1 two times. You have to punch those in or you lose.

You lost.

Hold the phone!! Is he complaining about the officials!?!?

I am SHOCKED!

It was bad for both teams. I'm not saying the refs screwed Baltimore, but just overall it was bad. 9 interference calls, 310 total penalty yards!?!

Isnt Norv Turner the coach of your local football team?

You mean the coach that was pretty much responsible for winning 2 super bowls in Dallas?
The coach who turned Troy Aikman into a Hall of Fame QB, and has been doing the same thing with Philip Rivers?
The coach who, with the Chargers is currently undefeated in December over the last three seasons?

Why yes. Yes he is.

You mean the coach that was pretty much responsible for winning 2 super bowls in Dallas?
The coach who turned Troy Aikman into a Hall of Fame QB, and has been doing the same thing with Philip Rivers?
The coach who, with the Chargers is currently undefeated in December over the last three seasons?

Why yes. Yes he is.

GREAT offensive coordinator
Head coach.................................

Dallas has the distinction, IMO, of having the worst coach to have ever won a Super Bowl and that would be Ernest P. Worrell I mean Barry Switzer.

1588.jpg

Discuss.

For me, meaningless bowl games = yawn. And for me, any non-playoff championship = meaningless championship = yawn. Gimme a real championship (i.e. playoff) and bowl games that matter and I'd be interested. I'm not even that interested in the Orange Bowl even though my Yellow Jackets are in it.

Can't you just watch the game and enjoy good football? Why does every game have to "mean" something? What It means a BCS bowl win for the victor...the biggest thing you can get besides the championship. There are 10x more holes in a playoff system than the current one now. Lets just enjoy what we have instead of always complaining about what we don't have eh?

Beware should the Patriots ever get their heads out of their collective asses

Haha..he he hee... I'm sorry. *cough.. Haa!!! Oh he hehe...

again, I apologize. Heh... ok. I'm better. Thanks for that, I needed it.

hee hee... patriots!

RE: Packers v. Ravens

The officiating was definitely ticky-tack but I thought it was pretty fair. They just made too many calls.

For the record- the Ravens had one more penalty but the Pack had about 60 more penalty yards... wow.

And for some smack... HOW ABOUT THAT PACKERS #1 DEFENSE :rockin:

RE: Packers v. Ravens

The officiating was definitely ticky-tack but I thought it was pretty fair. They just made too many calls.

For the record- the Ravens had one more penalty but the Pack had about 60 more penalty yards... wow.

And for some smack... HOW ABOUT THAT PACKERS #1 DEFENSE :rockin:

I was making no excuses about the loss. Hell one of the PI against GB I can admit shouldn't have even been called. I was just saying it was shoddy and over the top all around.

Now the defensive play calling and flacco's decisions on the other hand I will ***** about.

Yeah, I wasn't saying you were bitching, I was saying you were right. I thought they were just calling it too tight. For example, the offensive PI was a joke. Technically, maybe it was interference but 98% of the time that wouldn't get called IMO.

I was surprised that they were calling all of the big game changing **** but hardly any of the little stuff like holding. There is holding on pretty much every play.

Man, did they yank a bone out of the raven's ass or what. Between that and thomasina getting her ass kicked, by throwing an interception, I giggled myself to sleep for 2 nights. For the first time in a few years, there are 3 or 4 teams that I'd like to win the superbowl, and they're all in serious contention.

Here's the thing.

A *smart* team adjusts its play when they see how the refs are calling the game. Refs calling it tight - keep your hands off (a really smart team knows that crap in advance, based on how the refs have called other games).

Tightly called is fine, loosely called is fine, as long as it's consistent (obviously, tighter-called games are less fun to watch). Good teams will adjust.

A really smart team films the other team's locker room to find out what they're going to do and adjusts their game accordingly. But, a really smart team DOESN'T GET BUSTED!

Edit* As I've said before, I think the Patriots mostly did it so bellychick and thomasina could look at big ole nekkid manses

What the ****'s the tuck rule got to do with anything? The physical fouls - you can tell pretty early on whether the refs are calling a lot of holding penalties, or letting the defensive backs get away with ****. Same thing as a batter knowing how the umpire's calling the strike zone, or LeBron James knowing he can drive to the rim at the end of the game and they'll NEVER call him for a charge.

Haha..he he hee... I'm sorry. *cough.. Haa!!! Oh he hehe...

again, I apologize. Heh... ok. I'm better. Thanks for that, I needed it.

hee hee... patriots!

Really?? REALLY?? do me a favor.. pull up any website that'll give you any historical standings/scores.

Got it?

Look up how many Super Bowl wins the Pats have in the last decade.

Now look up how many playoffs wins the F'in Chargers have.

I've never seen fans of ANY team... EVER... lube up and take smack about being absolutely f'in horrible like Charger fans.

The f'in Chargers have been a total f'in JV team for the last ten years with a RB that'll occasionally put up a highlight reel. Congrats.. Nice work. I'm traveling out to San Diego over the summer to visit my wife's cousins. When I get there, I'll be sure to ask them to show me all of the Chargers "Our RB used to score a lot of TDs" banners. They're probably hanging right next to the "hey, we actually won a playoff game" banners.

Really?? REALLY?? do me a favor.. pull up any website that'll give you any historical standings/scores.

Got it?

I've never seen fans of ANY team... EVER... lube up and take smack about being absolutely f'in horrible like Charger fans.

The f'in Chargers have been a total f'in JV team for the last ten years with a RB that'll occasionally put up a highlight reel. Congrats.. Nice work. I'm traveling out to San Diego over the summer to visit my wife's cousins. When I get there, I'll be sure to ask them to show me all of the Chargers "Our RB used to score a lot of TDs" banners. They're probably hanging right next to the "hey, we actually won a playoff game" banners.

Its funny because its true

What the ****'s the tuck rule got to do with anything?

I think you forget where you are. This is the Obnoxious Trash Talk thread. Go look and see how your fellow Patsy fans, Cape and baba bluie play the game.

Got it?

All in the past, all in the past.

Patsies are going DOWN!!!1
:ban:

Dallas has the distinction, IMO, of having the worst coach to have ever won a Super Bowl and that would be Ernest P. Worrell I mean Barry Switzer.
He was such a dumb a$$ that he could have probably won 2 Superbowls if he wasn't such an idiot. All he had to do was let Jimmy Johnson's team alone but him and Jerry Jones were too stupid to do that. I am a life long Cowboys fan, even during the 1-15 season, although there were several that were almost as bad. Until Jerry Jones gets rid of the Cowboys (won't happen) or admits that he wants another Superbowl worse than being called Coach Jones, the 'Boys won't get there. Think about it:
Barry Switzer
Chan Gailey
Jerry Jones picks the quarterback of the future - Quincy Carter
Dave Campo
Bill Parcells - started turning them around even though he's a jerk
Wade Phillips - has reaped what little talent Parcells was able to pickup
The bottom line is that once you win a couple of Superbowls in a decade, your team is ravaged during free agency and your coaching staff is hired out from under you. This is exactly what happened to the Cowboys (Jimmy quit but the others scattered) and now the Patriettes.
The only thing better than seeing the Patriettes get their a$$ handed to them is watching the SD 'Dolts fold under pressure and the Cravens fans running around talking smack because they want someone to have some respect for their pitiful little former Colt team. It reminds me of that commercial where the Shriner is riding that moped saying "Bad to the Bone, Bad to the Bone". Ray Lewis is getting old, better go BACK through the police line up for a linebacker.

reference note:
San Diego Chargers, appeared in Super Bowl XXIX. Last championship 1963.

The only thing better than seeing the Patriettes get their a$$ handed to them is watching the SD 'Dolts fold under pressure....

We'll see on Sunday.

Although, I think this is going to be the toughest game on our schedule.
The Cowboys offense is going to be tough to stop, but so will Philip and Gates and Sproles and Jackson and Nanee and Tolbert and....hmm. Who else?

lt_07_raiders_1.jpg

All in the past, all in the past.

Patsies are going DOWN!!!1
:ban:

Wow, your on FIRE
Really, you're on fire what a great comeback
Really

We'll see on Sunday.

Although, I think this is going to be the toughest game on our schedule.
The Cowboys offense is going to be tough to stop, but so will Philip and Gates and Sproles and Jackson and Nanee and Tolbert and....hmm. Who else?

lt_07_raiders_1.jpg

Washed Up SALLY SACK SCRATCHER
Sat down on his team in the playoffs TWICE

Just past Mashall Faulk & Jim Brown, Fastest to reach 150 TDs...

Washed up...

Well, he is a biatch that layed down on your team in the playoffs.
No discounting that, sat on the end of the bench like a biatch.

3.3 yards per carry = WASHED UP
Even Emmitt Smith had the sense to retire when it got that bad.

He's a stud in the playoffs too, gashed teams for an EPIC 3.6 yards per carry ROFL

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Lockerroom:The_LaDainian_Tomlinson_Action_Figure!

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/01/tomlinson-inaction-figure-includes-kung.html

No, no, no. Look at the cleats.

They’d never get that dirty after two rushes for five yards.

If you get the deluxe model, you can buy the little Vizio HDTV for him to watch.

Just like on Super Bowl Sunday!

McFarlane Toys has put out a limited edition Super Bowl Sunday LT wearing shorts, a head band and a knee brace, sitting in a barco-lounger holding a box of tissues, a glock 9mm and a bottle of Mad Dog 20-20.

Get yours while LT is still available kids!

This product is by far the greatest LT thing you could possibly buy. This is him (minus his helmet & huge jacket) sitting on the bench during the AFC Championship game. Teach your kid how to give up in the most important game of the season. Great for all ages.

Well atleast he got them there. Unlike some quaterbacks *cough* romo *cough* that seem to just give up a few weeks before.

Wow! Now you're on fire!

I would rather he sit down if he's injured. Not gonna help the team at all if you got a pulled groin, hence the low numbers.

But he's not hurt this year, not that we really need him with "Air Turner" at the helm!

The last loss was not Romo's fault. Defense and special teams layed down. Uncle Wade's defense looked like Keystone Cops out there.

Wow! Now you're on fire!

I would rather he sit down if he's injured. Not gonna help the team at all if you got a pulled groin, hence the low numbers.

But he's not hurt this year, not that we really need him with "Air Turner" at the helm!

He had an owie vs the Patriots in the 07 playoffs and layed down on the team like a DOG

Back