Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call him stupid? Yup. Call him a sleaze? Sure... if you want. Make fun of it? Abbbbbbbbbsolutely.

But the total outrage and “sell the team!!” Stuff? Just freakin’ stop. That’s just pure stupid.

You're defending a guy for employing prostitutes, and from the sound of it ignoring that these women probably aren't able to give consent. It also sounds like this wasn't a one-time visit to this place of "business" for him.

Why are you defending that? Because from September into February the team that he owns is entertaining for you for 3 hours a week and allows you to brag to people who are fans of other teams?

You're defending a guy for employing prostitutes, and from the sound of it ignoring that these women probably aren't able to give consent. It also sounds like this wasn't a one-time visit to this place of "business" for him.

Why are you defending that? Because from September into February the team that he owns is entertaining for you for 3 hours a week and allows you to brag to people who are fans of other teams?

I’m not defending him. I’m just pointing out that people are blowing it way out of proportion... like you just tried to do.... and I think those people are jackasses.

So spare me the armchair psychiatrist bullshti about my “entertainment”.

He’s a 77 year old guy who got two handjobs. Let’s try to have even the slightest bit of perspective.

Were the women there against their will? Sounds like it and if that’s the case, that’s horrific and I hope the responsible people spend life in prison. But acting like Kraft flew over to China and handpicked two women to be his personal sex slaves is effin ridiculous.

I’m not defending him. I’m just pointing out that people are blowing it way out of proportion... like you just tried to do.... and I think those people are jackasses.

So spare me the armchair psychiatrist bullshti about my “entertainment”.

He’s a 77 year old guy who got two handjobs. Let’s try to have even the slightest bit of perspective.

Were the women there against their will? Sounds like it and if that’s the case, that’s horrific and I hope the responsible people spend life in prison. But acting like Kraft flew over to China and handpicked two women to be his personal sex slaves is effin ridiculous.

Oh, he got more than two....

And IMHO absolving him like he didn't know there was a good chance the women he interacted with were forced and unable to give consent is a bad idea. Alum of two Ivy league schools, has an MBA, is, to put it mildly, financially successful.

We have fun around here doing things like bashing sports figures, sometimes insulting their intelligence, but in all seriousness Kraft is smart enough that he knew it was likely those girls couldn't give consent, and he turned a blind eye to it and went ahead with it anyway.

It sucks for you that he's connected to a team that you like so much, but if you need to talk about it I'm sure that fans of teams that have employed / are employing players like Ray Rice, Gregg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, Kareem Hunt, etc (sadly the list goes on), are willing to commiserate with you.

Last edited:
Saying he should have suspected human trafficking at the message parlor, in the strip mall down the street, and is therefore complicit in the overall horrific crime is an enormous stretch and is absolutely ridiculous.

Saying he should have suspected human trafficking at the message parlor, in the strip mall down the street, and is therefore complicit in the overall horrific crime is an enormous stretch and is absolutely ridiculous.

I disagree. I believe he is complicit. I think the only question is to what degree he was complicit.

Not taking what he did seriously leads to normalizing this kind of behavior, which is, IMHO, a bad idea and doesn't get us any closer to a solution for human trafficking.

I'm going by the fact that the police said they caught Kraft on tape (twice?) so he did it. If it turns out that it wasn't him but some Las Vegas impersonator....

In relation to the alleged sex trafficking, Merriam Webster's definition of rape: "unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat [emphasis added] of injury against a person's will [emphasis added] or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception [emphasis added]"

Kraft can't be an idiot and a genius at the same time. If he's savvy enough to amass billions, then he's savvy enough to know "there's something wrong with this picture" upon entering a "massage" parlor. So I think he knows exactly what the circumstances are for the victim.

In addition, where there's smoke there's fire. I hope no one believes that besides this, that he's squeaky clean.

Simple prostitution, with consent, is extremely gross all on its own but when you add the disgusting and violent aspect of sex trafficking, saying how awful that is is difficult to quantify.

Underplaying this situation is not acceptable.

where the hell do you think all the asian girls working at massage parlors come from? you're ignorant if you think those girls are jerking off nasty old men like kraft bc it's better than flipping burgers. either you're very naive or in a deep state of denial.

where the hell do you think all the asian girls working at massage parlors come from? you're ignorant if you think those girls are jerking off nasty old men like kraft bc it's better than flipping burgers. either you're very naive or in a deep state of denial.

Boston people are awful humans. He can’t help himself.

Yeah the billionaire guy had no idea about the goings on. Just unloads on some foreign girl while at strip mall. No way way he’s a bad dude.

Not worked up Cape... just observing. I know you love to think we give a bless about the Pats (we really honestly don’t) but this is ugliness at a level you should care about. This isn’t going to a peeler joint and paying the extra for a HJ, this is pretty terrible...

Convenient fake outrage.

You guys can all be appalled all you want and convince yourself he’s some sex worker trafficking kingpin, responsible for innocent women being victimized all over the globe all you want.

When he spends the rest of his life in prison... I mean... how the hell has the FBI, CIA, DEA, Justice Dept and Interpol not already raided Gillette Stadium!!?!?!?... when he is sentenced to the nine consecutive life sentences he should be... I’ll come back and PM each of you custom and sincere apologies.

In the mean time, I’ll continue to giggle at the complete ridiculousness

Even I have to admit how heart warming it is to see how much everyone truly cares about the women in this whole thing.

IMG_2168.JPG

Just the outpouring of support! It’s great to see. You know... cuz everyone cares about the women so much.

Convenient fake outrage.

You guys can all be appalled all you want and convince yourself he’s some sex worker trafficking kingpin, responsible for innocent women being victimized all over the globe all you want.

Why would anyone need to fake outrage? This is a real crime with real victims who have gone through something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Unless I missed something, I don't see anyone here claiming that he was the mastermind behind the illegal operation. People have pointed out that he is smart enough to know that it's likely those women couldn't have given consent. He also made human trafficking more profitable for the people who committed that act, which if this operation hadn't been busted by law enforcement could have led to more trafficking. You haven't argued against that at all, instead you just repeat things like "fake outrage", claiming that it's "stupid" and "ridiculous" with no argument to support your claim.

IMHO, there is a risk to writing off his behavior as not serious, it could lead to normalizing that behavior, which doesn't help solve the issues behind human trafficking. It may even impede efforts to solve it.

I'm just going to take a break from arguing with Cape to suggest that everyone that has followed along with that argument who hasn't already, take a few minutes to seriouly consider what happened apart from a celebrity getting busted.

I encourage you to head over to Google, search for something along the lines of "charities that help victims of human trafficking", and find a trustworthy charity. If you can afford it I encourage you to make a donation.

People have pointed out that he is smart enough to know that it's likely those women couldn't have given consent.

Right there. I call total bullshti.

So any guy walking into one of the thousands of massage parlors around the country should always have in front of his mind, “you know... there is likely women being held here as sex slaves against their will”??

That’s part 1... which is again... bullshti.

In addition... “he should have known”... ok... so.., he did know? Is that you’re accusation? So Kraft... AND ALL OF THE GUYS WHO GOT NABBED... or is Kraft the ONLY smart one? Cuz I haven’t seen any outrage for the other 24 guys...

So Kraft knew... and just said, “eff it, I’m in the mood for a squeezer so I’m just gonna roll over to those sex slaves in the strip mall!”?

Is that your theory?

Sorry... can’t get on board with that level of tin hat conspiracy idiocy. And once again, spare me the “ohhhhh. You’re a Pats fan”. It has nothing to do with what team I like.

The guy looks like he committed two misdemeanors that carry a fckuing fine of $500 each and like I keep saying, there are idiots out there pumping this up anyway they can think of like he’s Pablo Escobar.

So any guy walking into one of the thousands of massage parlors around the country should always have in front of his mind, “you know... there is likely women being held here as sex slaves against their will”??

In addition... “he should have known”... ok... so.., he did know? Is that you’re accusation? So Kraft... AND ALL OF THE GUYS WHO GOT NABBED... or is Kraft the ONLY smart one? Cuz I haven’t seen any outrage for the other 24 guys...

So Kraft knew... and just said, “eff it, I’m in the mood for a squeezer so I’m just gonna roll over to those sex slaves in the strip mall!”?

Is that your theory?

Sorry... can’t get on board with that level of tin hat conspiracy idiocy. And once again, spare me the “ohhhhh. You’re a Pats fan”. It has nothing to do with what team I like.

The guy looks like he committed two misdemeanors that carry a fckuing fine of $500 each and like I keep saying, there are idiots out there pumping this up anyway they can think of like he’s Pablo Escobar.

tl;dr

Is that your theory?

It sounds like they have recordings and evidence that this wasn't a one-time event for him, he likely visited this place at least twice. Had he gone in seeking a legal massage and all the sudden something started happening to him like what has been talked about by law enforcement, he had options from telling them to stop, then leaving and telling the police, to just not going back. If you give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know until certain actions took place (which is probably a stretch, given how he behaved after that), he still reached a moment where he would have realized that this wasn't the typical massage parlor, and had a decision to make. It seems he choose poorly, and he knew better.

And yes, we should all be outraged about the behavior of each of those people who were busted because each one of them made a victim out of the women that the "massage parlor" paired them up with. But this thread is about football and he is a high-profile owner of a football team. If Russel Wilson and Aaron Rogers had participated and been busted as well we'd be talking about how they should've known better, too. Just because we don't know the names of all the rest of the people and we aren't criticizing them in the same breath every time we criticize Kraft doesn't mean we're absolving them.

But this thread is about football and he is a high-profile owner of a football team. If Russel Wilson and Aaron Rogers had participated and been busted as well we'd be talking about how they should've known better, too. Just because we don't know the names of all the rest of the people and we aren't criticizing them in the same breath every time we criticize Kraft doesn't mean we're absolving them.

Apparently the "bigger name" other than Kraft is some golf caddy.

Once again, Adam Schefter is an idiot.

https://sports.yahoo.com/boyfriend-lpgas-korda-arrested-solicitation-192125251.html

While that may be an extreme thought, the thing that makes me uneasy about all of this is why that particular massage parlor? Kraft and all the other big names involved all have the means to solicit prostitutes wherever they want. What made the Orchids of Asia, with their $49 an hour "treatments", the place to go for so many wealthy men?

Back