NHC 2015 San Diego- roll call!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were a lot of Zealots on the bus, at least that I remember. Maybe he got hidden? :D
It could also be that I'm remembering pics from another night. I vaguely remember Brewery Vivant and HopCat being two of his stops. Regardless, I'm sure the Soper bus would be more fun than I had at BNA last year, although I did meet the Ruler of the Underworld from Societe on the bus there.

Hmm, there are too many options Wednesday night!!!!! I generally do the BNA party. However, one of my club members has a beer tasting dinner he's setting up through a friend that night as well. I really should try to hit the Soper bus this year.

I'll be hosting an informal mead tasting at some point during the conference....

traditional, habanero, mango, mango habanero, multiberry, blackberry, oaked cherry, lemon/lime, raspberry, and pinot noir pyment...

I am planning (at least at this point!) to retake the tasting exam on Wednesday at 10 AM. Hopefully, I'm not hungover after Tuesday night...............

I want to raise my score, just in case I decide to do the exam for National. My first score didn't suck bad (75) but it's not high enough for National.

I'll be hosting an informal mead tasting at some point during the conference....

traditional, habanero, mango, mango habanero, multiberry, blackberry, oaked cherry, lemon/lime, raspberry, and pinot noir pyment...

Informal?!?! No, no sir, while white tie is certainly too stuffy, black tie is very much required for such an august occasion! ;)

I am planning (at least at this point!) to retake the tasting exam on Wednesday at 10 AM. Hopefully, I'm not hungover after Tuesday night...............

I want to raise my score, just in case I decide to do the exam for National. My first score didn't suck bad (75) but it's not high enough for National.

Did they post dates and times yet? They still have them as TBD on BJCP site. I was going to try to get my written in, but not sure if it's going to be before I arrive on Tuesday.

Hmm, there are too many options Wednesday night!!!!! I generally do the BNA party. However, one of my club members has a beer tasting dinner he's setting up through a friend that night as well. I really should try to hit the Soper bus this year.

It's not often that you get to hang out with AZ, Soper, and me on a party bus. Just sayin'. :D

Last year (we were still almost sober here, I think):
IMG_0624.jpg

As the night went on, there may have been some pole dancing on the bus.:D
IMG_0649.jpg

Did they post dates and times yet? They still have them as TBD on BJCP site. I was going to try to get my written in, but not sure if it's going to be before I arrive on Tuesday.

Yeah, 10 AM on Wednesday for the tasting, but I'm not sure about the mead and written exams as I didn't ask. I'm pretty sure they are all on Wednesday, though! Just shoot an email to the underlined person, and they should get right back to you.

I'm not bringing much, as I'm flying in but I was planning on bring commercials. In Philly, the New Glarus brought offers of all sorts of great stuff for me, so I"m thinking stocking up on New Glarus for sharing/trading.

I'm flying Southwest, so one of my bags is going to be my wine check. Obviously planning to bring it home full with Bottle Craft spoils, but probably going to have something in it on the way besides the scotch ales for various sharing.

It's not often that you get to hang out with AZ, Soper, and me on a party bus. Just sayin'. :D

Last year (we were still almost sober here, I think):
View attachment 271222

As the night went on, there may have been some pole dancing on the bus.:D
View attachment 271223

Yeah, I missed the both the San Diego and Seattle versions and then didn't manage to make the last two NHC's, last one fell in the middle of a big move.

I really think I may swear off BNA this year, they are located right in my back yard and I go to most of their other events in the Bay Area, and hit the Soper Bus this time! Still need to verify what the dinner plans are for my other club member. Heck, if that doesn't pan out, maybe he'll want to hop on the bus as well.

I'm pretty sure they are all on Wednesday, though! Just shoot an email to the underlined person, and they should get right back to you.

Written is Tuesday at 2PM, so I'll still be in the air (due to land at 3:55PM). I don't think I'm determined enough to change to the only flight that would definitely arrive in time, since I'd have to wake up at 3AM to catch that one.

Sheldon, Im about 3 miles from Alpine Beer Co.

Kev211, I have had both South Beach and PL tacos, I still like the SB better. But with either you can not go wrong.

Trillium, Pliny is hit and miss in SD. If I see it any where i'll let you know. I do have my first try going to tap this Sunday. If I do OK I don't think there will be any left by June. If there is some left by June I don't think you would want any!

So to go to the NHC Brew's Up I need to be a AHA member, $43+$22 (wife). How much is the conference and is there still tickets left? This sure sounds like fun.:ban:

Edit Never mind the questions about the cost, I found it.

I just bought my tickets for the conference. I should be arriving in SD around June 7, to sightsee for a few days before the conference starts.
57.gif
30.gif

I was looking at BNA tix, but the Soper Bus sounds intriguing. Maybe room for 2 more on the bus?

Can't wait for the fish tacos. That's one thing we really don't do up here in WI...

Written is Tuesday at 2PM, so I'll still be in the air (due to land at 3:55PM). I don't think I'm determined enough to change to the only flight that would definitely arrive in time, since I'd have to wake up at 3AM to catch that one.

Darn! If only it was Wednesday and you could make it. I'll give you my phone number before the conference so you can text/call when you get in if you want to find the 30th Street things together. I will have a car that day, and would be glad to pick you up.

Yeah!! as soon as I get off the plane, I'm going to get some fish tacos. Pt Loma Seafood is not far from the airport.

This is going to be a must-do for me as well! Pick up the rental car, then fish tacos for me.

Darn it all... Everyone is making plans and they all seem to involve fish!

Seriously though, there are lots of great fish taco places in SD. I don't eat fish, so I can't recommend any one of them in particular. Closer to LA we have a lot of great seafood places right on the water too, if anyone is interested LMK and I can point out the better ones.

Darn! If only it was Wednesday and you could make it. I'll give you my phone number before the conference so you can text/call when you get in if you want to find the 30th Street things together. I will have a car that day, and would be glad to pick you up.

Works for me. I'll be at the conference hotel. Just enough time to check-in and get back down to the front. lol

I'll be there working the show from Wed-Sun but I would love to meet some of you for a beer. Let me know.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy the banquet ticket. I haven't been very impressed, pretty much in 6 years. If I don't go, any recommendations of what I could be doing to burn the Saturday night?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy the banquet ticket. I haven't been very impressed, pretty much in 6 years. If I don't go, any recommendations of what I could be doing to burn the Saturday night?

You could do something with me. I have no idea what that will be, but if I don't drink (fairly unlikely but it has happened by Saturday dinner time!) I would even drive. Otherwise, I was thinking uber or a cab to somewhere.

I think Hello is at loose ends also (?).

I enjoyed the banquet a couple of times, but now it's just a too-long thing for me.

I'm game for whatever. I was almost tempted to go because a fellow whale member has 6 entries moving on but since I'd be the only one from the club there, it wouldn't be as fun. Uber or cab is fine with me.

I'm game for whatever. I was almost tempted to go because a fellow whale member has 6 entries moving on but since I'd be the only one from the club there, it wouldn't be as fun. Uber or cab is fine with me.

Six entries moving on is impressive! (Especially with a limit of 5 ;))

You could do something with me. I have no idea what that will be, but if I don't drink (fairly unlikely but it has happened by Saturday dinner time!) I would even drive. Otherwise, I was thinking uber or a cab to somewhere.

I think Hello is at loose ends also (?).

I enjoyed the banquet a couple of times, but now it's just a too-long thing for me.

I'm up to do something as well. I didn't think I would enjoy the banquet, so opted not to add that in.

Plus I don't leave until Sunday mid-day. :tank:

Latest posts

Back