NHC 2015 San Diego- roll call!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, yes, before I forget! For all you of you not on Facebook, I want to let you know that there will be Soper Tour 2015 T-shirts available for purchase.

I don't have a photo yet, but they should be very affordable (under $15, I hope) and once I have a demo from the guy making them, you can let me know what size you want to order and pick them up on the bus.

I am moving to San Diego in 2 weeks, so if I wait until the last minute to buy will this thing sell out?

I am moving to San Diego in 2 weeks, so if I wait until the last minute to buy will this thing sell out?

It might, but since the last conference in San Diego was not too long ago, a lot of Brewers might not bother coming a second time. I would not wait thou.

What are you folks planning on doing that Sunday? I just realized I have a full day to do whatever I want and it's a little overwhelming

Also, I heard Lyft is more popular than Uber in San Diego. Do they have a deal like Uber where someone else will benefit when I sign up?

Also, I heard Lyft is more popular than Uber in San Diego. Do they have a deal like Uber where someone else will benefit when I sign up?

I was in San Diego last summer for another conference. Did several rides with Lyft too. Talking with the drivers they seem to use and flip between both apps (or use two phones). I used Uber way more for whatever reason....but loved using them both. Such cheap rides and never really waited more than 5 minutes for pickup. I swear one showed up in 1-2 minutes once

But...if you need a code: CRAIG230093

Now that we're past Memorial Day, NHC is real in my mind. Looking forward to checking out some of the breweries and beaches Mon-Wed, before the real lunacy starts.

Anyone signed up for the Green Flash tours on Wednesday?

We (super taster spouse and I) have tickets and hotel and flights and car reserved since the first day of registration but now we may not be able to attend. Was going to be my first AHA conference.

Hopefully we make it.....I would be easy to spot, either a PACKERS shirt or and RGV BREW shirt probably;)

We (super taster spouse and I) have tickets and hotel and flights and car reserved since the first day of registration but now we may not be able to attend. Was going to be my first AHA conference.

Hopefully we make it.....I would be easy to spot, either a PACKERS shirt or and RGV BREW shirt probably;)

You would fit right in here. When the chargers play the packers there is usually more green in the stadium than blue. But as a charger fan, I can just say that its because charger "fans" suck and are a bandwagoning bunch of suckers. /rant

Well, if you make it out, I'm a fellow Wisconsinite. Would be great to have a beer with another. Hope it works out for you.

Me too! I am so looking forward to this! I plan to meet up with a friend from Jr. High who I haven't seen in more than 35 years, and to see newer friends from all over the country as well.

I am now finding that I had better google some practical things- a laundromat, a grocery store, etc. I know I'll have to do laundry at least once and probably before the conference activities on Wednesday.

I have a very full 12 days planned- and it looks to be a great time.

@TobyG do you see how we're supposed to use our tickets for the Tuesday night event? I printed it out, but it's not really a 'ticket' to use, and there is no list of participating places on that ticket so I imagine we have to exchange it for a voucher or something?

Bringing a beer or two for @agrazela and something special for @ Soperbrew for organizing the "4th Annual SoperTour" (it's actually the 5th, I think, though since we did it with the homebrew club in Minneapolis first and they organized it- that is where I met Soper and Sacc and Taint and others).

@TobyG do you see how we're supposed to use our tickets for the Tuesday night event? I printed it out, but it's not really a 'ticket' to use, and there is no list of participating places on that ticket so I imagine we have to exchange it for a voucher or something?

Not really sure. I'll email them tomorrow and see if I can find out.

Yipppeee! Conflicts solved and we are going to make it. Now I am digging into details because I didn't before when I discovered we might not make it. And now I am getting excited. I absolutely must go to a STONE bar/restaurant....which one? There is no way I can make every place I want because I just am not allowed to imbibe like I used to (diabetic as of March) so I need a plan...

Liberty Station.

Great....but no reservations available, as I guessed. I hate to try to go and wait for a spot to open. May have to rethink my plans revolving around the availability of Liberty Station.....

I thought I read on the Liberty Station website that they only took reservations for bigger groups? Either way, I am dead set on playing bocce at Stone Monday night, if any one is in town that early. Looking over the tap lists from Stone, I can't wait to get there...

9% Mocha IPA... what? Can't wait to try that one.

I thought I read on the Liberty Station website that they only took reservations for bigger groups? Either way, I am dead set on playing bocce at Stone Monday night, if any one is in town that early. Looking over the tap lists from Stone, I can't wait to get there...

9% Mocha IPA... what? Can't wait to try that one.

I'll be around, but more likely to be in the area around 30th at the Stone Company Store on Sunday and Monday.

I almost forgot! I'm going to leave early next Saturday, and if anybody wants to get together from the 6th to the 15th, please PM me for my phone number. I don't want to bother anybody who doesn't want to be bothered- so please let me know if you want to get together for a beer.

Yeah, same deal for me. Two of us heading out from WI, should be in SD Monday early afternoon. Anyone that needs a drinking buddy, drop me a message. Cheers, everyone. Can't wait for next week...

I'm down to get beers with anyone that week. So hit me up if you need a drinking buddy. The stone at liberty station is huge (last I heard it was the biggest restaurant in sd) so the wait times usually aren't too bad.

Keep in mind there's a Slaters 50/50 right next to stone with a good tap list and a ballast point brewpub and bottlecraft not too far away. Modern times is also kind of close. I'm already in SD, let me know the happenings

Not really sure. I'll email them tomorrow and see if I can find out.

@TobyG I emailed the contact person from the Taste of North Park, and got a very helpful response when I asked for more information:

Absolutely! We will be sending out an e-mail to all ticket holders with the specific information. You can come to pick up shirts and tickets from 3:00-5:00 at 3076 University Avenue at the intersection of Grim and University Avenue. Please indicate your t-shirt size (s,m,l men or womens). We thank you for your purchase! Please tell your friends as we still have quite a few tickets left but they will sell out by end this week.

I told her I'd be in town earlier, and she told me to come and pick up my T-shirt and ticket early, if I wanted.

I'll be in San Diego, but not at the NHC. I'll be giving a talk about Lager and presenting three historic Lagers in the Coronado brewery at 7:30 PM on Wednesday 10th June.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Back