NHC 2015 San Diego- roll call!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid for my registration yesterday. Questionable whether I'll be able to go but hoping for the best.
62.gif
49.gif

Getting even more excited about the San Diego trip!

I'll be at Town & Country from Wednesday afternoon until Sunday morning and will be available much of the rest of the time from June 6 to 16th. Anybody who wants to get together, please PM me and we'll exchange numbers!

Tracy and I will be going. Just noticed the seminar schedule has been posted. Hoping someone converted it into a spreadsheet so I don't have to... lol

Thank you!!!!!

Did I see/read/imagine(?) somewhere that there was a download with the schedule/rooms for my iPhone?

I couldn't say about an iPhone version... I tossed the spreadsheet together to make it easier to plan on which seminars I wanted to go to my self. :ban:

Arrrg, why do they have this on the opposite corner of the country. It would cost me about $1500 to attend, so I'm out.

Anyone know where 2016 will be?

Arrrg, why do they have this on the opposite corner of the country. It would cost me about $1500 to attend, so I'm out.

Anyone know where 2016 will be?

Oh, it was more than that for me. I got a great price on airfare ($530) but the hotel for four nights is over $700. The seminar was $275 I think. That is just the basics. It's not cheap, that's for sure!

But it's worth it!

I might be able to swing it if I flight in early on Thursday and take the red eye back on Saturday. That way I only need to stay 2 nights.

That sounds interesting. I will check it out. I remember that area being pretty cool when were there last summer. Toronado and Waypoint Public were fun for sure.

North park is the bees knees for sure. Rip Current brewing just opened a new tasting room there and you should definitely check out Bottle Craft

Im in SD and would love to get some beer with y'all.

Mira Mar area is about 8 miles north of the conference. In a 2 mile circle there are:

Order I like

Green Flash only on top because they have Alpine beer
Alpine beer Co. Some beers on tap at Green flash, Alpine beer-wow
( About 25 mi east is Alpine beer co. some just great beer there. If you have a chance check it out. Let me know i'll meet you I live up there. Be sure to give Bad Boy a try if on tap.)

Ale Smith, another great place
Pacific, I like a lot
Ballast Point
Rough Draft
Saint Archer
New English
32 North
Karl Strauss
Intergalatic
Mike Hess
2 Kids
Reckless

And just 2 miles south are, in no order:
Kilowatt Brewing
Council Brewing
Magnetic Brewing
Societe Brewing
Helms
Quantum
Stover

And a few miles east
Twisted Manzanita, I like
BNS, I like

Best Fish Tacos are in Ocean Beach at South Beach Bar and Grill. Get the grilled mahi mahi taco. At the end of Newport Ave. Ocean Beach is a flash back to the 60's, be prepared.

Yeah, I got as much as I could carry (well, actually more than I could carry) at Bottle Craft last time. Had to drink some of it in SD since it wouldn't all fit. lol

Incidentally, if anyone doesn't have an Uber account, hit me up closer to the conference and I can send you a referral code that will get us a $20 credit. We used the heck out of Uber over there.

Broncosaurs, are you near the Brewery in Alpine. My son lives in SD and took me there. It was pretty neat, had to cross the street to get in.

Im in SD and would love to get some beer with y'all.

Best Fish Tacos are in Ocean Beach at South Beach Bar and Grill. Get the grilled mahi mahi taco. At the end of Newport Ave. Ocean Beach is a flash back to the 60's, be prepared.

Woah woah woah... Hey there guy. The best fish tacos for sure are at Pt Loma Seafood (or if you're feeling adventurous, theres a few places in Barrio Logan). But, I do have to agree, South Beach Bar and Grill tacos are pretty killer. I do agree with you on the rest of the items you listed though :rockin:

Woah woah woah... Hey there guy. The best fish tacos for sure are at Pt Loma Seafood (or if you're feeling adventurous, theres a few places in Barrio Logan). But, I do have to agree, South Beach Bar and Grill tacos are pretty killer. I do agree with you on the rest of the items you listed though :rockin:

Do any of these places also serve Pliny on tap. I'm on a mission to find some since they don't sell it where I am.

Do any of these places also serve Pliny on tap. I'm on a mission to find some since they don't sell it where I am.

Generally speaking... No. I have seen it a few places. I know Hamiltons pub in South Park has it on tap actually fairly often. Its really kind of hit or miss. But a lot of the gastropubs around here have updated tap lists so its pretty easy to hone in on it

Theres a boatload haha. I strongly suggest grapefruit sculpin fresh from the source at any of the Ballast Points. Also, anything from Alpine or Mike Hess are good options. Im also a huge fan of Rip Current beers. What kind of styles do you prefer? Ooh! Belching Beaver. They have a whole assortment of crazy/good beers that a lot of them you cant get other places.

Yeah, I got as much as I could carry (well, actually more than I could carry) at Bottle Craft last time. Had to drink some of it in SD since it wouldn't all fit. lol

Incidentally, if anyone doesn't have an Uber account, hit me up closer to the conference and I can send you a referral code that will get us a $20 credit. We used the heck out of Uber over there.

I will do that! I was going to sign up for uber (or lyft) anyway.

For the first four nights, I'm staying near 30th plus I'll have a rental car to go to La Jolla. When I move to the conference hotel on Wednesday, I'll turn in the rental car (I think) since it's $18/day for parking and more than the cost of the car. I'll want to use uber to get back, as I'm staying near Little Italy for the last three days of my trip and won't need a car then either.

Thanks Bronosaurs!

I'm arriving mid-day Tuesday. I'm hoping to work in visits to Alpine and Escondido Tues/Wed. I was in SD last summer and got to hit a good bit in town then.

South Beach Bar and Grill is top on my list too. It's pretty close to the Pizza Port that I was able to visit last year.

I will do that! I was going to sign up for uber (or lyft) anyway.

For the first four nights, I'm staying near 30th plus I'll have a rental car to go to La Jolla. When I move to the conference hotel on Wednesday, I'll turn in the rental car (I think) since it's $18/day for parking and more than the cost of the car. I'll want to use uber to get back, as I'm staying near Little Italy for the last three days of my trip and won't need a car then either.

Uber was great in SD last time. We had 4 of us together and exploited the promotions by referring each other. lol

Just bought my ticket for the Taste of North Park since there seem to be plenty of flights to get me there in time.

Also definitely going to do the @Soperbrew bus this time instead of BNA party if they conflict.

Uber was great in SD last time. We had 4 of us together and exploited the promotions by referring each other. lol

Just bought my ticket for the Taste of North Park since there seem to be plenty of flights to get me there in time.

Also definitely going to do the @Soperbrew bus this time instead of BNA party if they conflict.

I'm pretty sure they will conflict- we're doing it Wednesday as far as I know.

I'll grab my ticket today, too, so I don't forget about it. It's walking distance from the cottage I rented, but on Wednesday I'll move over to the T&C.

Back