New to HBT so hello everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbound

Reaction score
I finally joined this forum after months of reading. Although I'm yet to brew my first batch, I think I've read enough so that it will go smoothly. I can't wait until I have enough experience to give people the kind of solid advice that the people at HBT can. I'm getting all the equipment I need for my birthday so I just have to wait until then... Wish me luck!

For my birthday I'm getting an equipment starter kit from northern brewer that has the following...

6 Gallon Primary Fermentor, Fermometer, Bung, Airlock, Blowoff Assembly
5 Gallon Secondary Fermentor, Fermometer, Bung, Airlock
6.5 Gallon Bottling Bucket, Bottling Spigot, Bottle Filler, Bottling Tubing
Auto-Siphon, Siphon Tubing
Beer Bottle Brush, Bottle Capper, 60 Caps
Instructional DVD, PBW Cleaner, Star-San Sanitizer

As well as a recipe kit for NB's Irish red ale, a hydrometer with a test jar, and a couple cases of bottles

*note* the fermenters are carboys and I haven't decided on plastic or glass but I'll figure that out on my own. Lol I don't want to start a debate

Welcome, good luck with your first brew. Remember, time is your friend when you are brewing. It might interest you to know that you can use that 6.5 gallon bottling bucket as a primary or secondary.

Back