New Keezer pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermish

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of the keezer I have been working on. I still need to update the CO2, but the 4 way manifold that I bought leaks like crazy, so I am using the old one for now. I also had a question. On the outside of the freezer where the taps and shanks connect I am getting some condensation and was wondering how people prevent this. Let me know what you guys think.

IMGP0561.jpg

IMGP0564.jpg

IMGP0565.jpg

Sweet bro! It's nice to see another collar mounted to the lid, I believe BobbyM started that revolution! What kind of freezer is that?

Looks good- I'd get some rubber washers to help with the condensation, or silicon if you don't mind it being more permanent. Check out the 'show us your kegerator' thread (sorry, you'll have to do a search, to early and no coffee yet) :mug:

Sweet bro! It's nice to see another collar mounted to the lid, I believe BobbyM started that revolution! What kind of freezer is that?
Yeah, I didn't have much choice on the collar, the hinges on the freezer are giant. I either had to make a 8" tall collar, or attach it to the lid, which actually turned out pretty good. I'll have to look at the brand of the freezer when I get home from work, but I'm pretty sure it is 10.5 cu.ft.

Looks awesome man. What size of a chest freezer are you using?

Wrap the shanks with insulation, that will reduce the heat conduction. Closed foam pipe insulation is the easiest method.

Back