new from minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devster

Reaction score
I got a Mr. Beer kit for christmas from my sister and it should arrive at my house monday so I can play with it after work seeing as how I work 3rd shift.

Its the basic kit with the west coast pale ale. I've been lurking for a few days and i've figured that I need to give it plenty of time, don't use table salt, wait till the yeast sediment has settled down and it clears up before bottling, and 1 week outside the fridge and one week inside.

I have aspergers and I easily become obsessed so I can quickly see this spiraling out of control. Midwest is a few miles from my house so I went and checked out the inventory today. I'll pick up a 24 pack of 12oz bottles, a capper and bottle caps in the next week and I bought the book "How to Brew" today.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
As I think you already know, this hobby can be addicting. Don't be surprised if before long you are buying more equipment and gadgets!

Hi and welcome to HBT.

You might try and find ingredients from your LHBS or some online stores, I know Listermans can put one together Mr Beer kits and I'm sure others can too. Better ingredients equals better beer equals your happy.

It is an addiction.

PeteOz77 said:
Where in MN?
I live in wayzata. I started my first batch today. Its hard for me to say how its going to turn out. I have it in a trash bag in my closet so we'll see. Knowing myself, i'll end up picking up a starter kit from midwest in a week or two. I have a lot of friends that like to drink so it would be nice to have more beer in the works.

Latest posts

Back