Hello from UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gitruih

Reaction score
Hey all,
New one here straight from UK :) completely new to homebrewing just brought 1st kit last week and my knowledge totals to few youtube howto videos (I don't count seeing apple wine being made at home as a kid as valid knowledge) :)

Welcome to the group and welcome to a fun hobby!

What did you get in the kit you bought? Is it just a brew kit, ingredients or does it include the necessary items to brew with as well?

Ask questions as they come up. There's lots of folks to help here!

Welcome to the group and welcome to a fun hobby!

What did you get in the kit you bought? Is it just a brew kit, ingredients or does it include the necessary items to brew with as well?

Ask questions as they come up. There's lots of folks to help here!
It was this kit + this yeast (I smashed hydrometer on my 1st measuring attempt so I had to reorder it :(). I was visiting home in Lithuania during summer so I brought 6kg of honey from local beekepers and wanted to make traditional Lithuanian mead for some time now :)

A hydrometer is a very delicate instrument so don't get too worked up breaking one. I almost think a person should buy two starting out. I own three and a refractometer for beer brewing.

Agree with @OakIslandBrewery. The old adage of, two is one and one is none applies here. You'll always break the one at a critical moment. Also look at a refractometer. I'm a big fan and have mothballed my hydrometer, for now.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Back