Hello! Brand new brewer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChlorineQueen

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Katie, living in the central Oregon Coast. My boyfriend and I bottled our first ever batch on 9/21 (a William's Brewing Honey Cream Ale kit, turned out great and still learned a few lessons for next time). I got into homebrewing with the goal of recreating some limited release or geographically limited beers I've really loved and can't get here and now. Sure feeling a little in over my head, but I'm here to study up.

Welcome.
I find that going through the New Posts section of HBT is a great way to find subjects that you may not have thought about.

Welcome.
I find that going through the New Posts section of HBT is a great way to find subjects that you may not have thought about.
Thanks! I've been reading up til my head hurts the last several days. Mostly the ins and outs of recipe building blocks and how to get exactly what you want out of a brew, but I'll check it out and try not to get overly focused on just one or two things.

Don't think about building recipes yet. That's like learning how to put the finishing touches on roofing a building before you even know how to build the foundation. Some people say "yep, I can be a master brewer because I've been brewing 2 months". Learn the basics like brewing times, when to hop, what each timed hop does, mash temps, boil lengths, what base malts and adjuncts do, etc. THEN think about building recipes.

Latest posts

Back