New Danby Keg cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikon90s

Reaction score
I just go the new two tap keg cooler :mug: . Anyway I am having problems getting it to pour right. I only have one keg in it now. First day I had the psi set about 10-12 and lots of foam. I let the keg sit for a day and bumped up the PSi to 15-18ish and it was pouring great. Today it is barely coming out and its all foam. I have read some other posts about problems and still no help. Any ideas?

edit: I moved the keg over to the other tap and there was a ice in the beer and the it did the same think on the other tap however it was pouring a but faster.

Jason

Use a thermometer and measure the temp inside the kegerator. Ice is not your friend inside your beer lines. Once you're sure ice is no longer a problem, drop the psi back down to around 10-12. If there are no obstructions in the lines, that's more than enough to push the beer.

Next thing would be to check the length of your beer lines. You need a certain amount of resistance in the lines so the gas doesn't push the beer to fast and cause turbulence/foaming and length provides that resistance. If the lines are only 5-6 ft long, you may need to drop the psi even further to 8-10. Then add longer lines to 10-12' long each.

Is the beer in the keg a HB or commercial beer? If HB how did you carb it? Are you sure it's not over carbed?

The keg is from a local brewery, and I was going to get a temp gauge tomorrow. I read in another post to cut the CO2 and purge all of it from the keg for about 12 hours which I just did and was going to check on it tomorrow also. Thanks for the advice and any help you can give I am still learning here.

I picked up two temp gauges, one I put on the keg and the other on the door. The keg was under 34 so I turned up the temp and now its getting up to 35ish so I know it was way too cold at first.

Back