New Chicago Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming everyone has paid to this point, is there an ETA on order/shipment that can be offered for those of us who might be gone over the holidays?

I am receiving payment in person from two people tonight, which will give me the remaining 300 dollars. Some people sent digital checks to my paypal which were post-dated to clear today (and they did). But now I have to wait for those funds to be transferred to my account (can take 3-4 days). After those funds are transferred, we can make the purchase. I think delivery takes another 3 days or so. I would expect late next week as a delivery date. 28th? 29th? 30th? We'll see, soon as possible. I have a lot of stuff that needs brewing too! Our homebrew club is sitting on 4 Goose Island Bourbon County barrels that need to be filled and we're all waiting on our grain...

delivery is usually about a couple of days after they receive payment. wernerherzog, who is taking care of the splits?

I suppose me and Niilo are going to handle the splits. We'll have to make the trek over to your place on delivery day and get that taken care of.

Delivery will be on Friday, December 30th. I think people could start picking up that afternoon unless they have splits which need to be parted out accordingly. Depending on how many splits there are I may be able to do those myself. If there's too many then wernerherzog and/or niilo will have to take care of that. Saturday, 12/31 I can be around until early in the afternoon. Sunday, New Years Day I'm taking it easy so no pick-ups on that day. I will try to have cornies available too for purchase, but these are moving pretty good already. We'll see. Get your grain mills ready!

Delivery will be on Friday, December 30th. I think people could start picking up that afternoon unless they have splits which need to be parted out accordingly. Depending on how many splits there are I may be able to do those myself. If there's too many then wernerherzog and/or niilo will have to take care of that. Saturday, 12/31 I can be around until early in the afternoon. Sunday, New Years Day I'm taking it easy so no pick-ups on that day. I will try to have cornies available too for purchase, but these are moving pretty good already. We'll see. Get your grain mills ready!

I will be available Friday and since I need to pickup I can lend a hand on splits if need be, just let me know.

Just a reminder, if you want the address where you can pick up your order on Friday or Saturday, please refer to the quote. The address is given in the "quoted to" field. It's in the general vicinity of Cicero and Grand. If you don't have the quote, pm me and I'll send you a link. If you've participated in past buys, it will be the same location.

Wernerherzog said:
Just a reminder, if you want the address where you can pick up your order on Friday or Saturday, please refer to the quote. The address is given in the "quoted to" field. It's in the general vicinity of Cicero and Grand. If you don't have the quote, pm me and I'll send you a link. If you've participated in past buys, it will be the same location.

So is there any specific times to pick up Friday? Who do I ask for?

Once the grain is actually delivered I will post the time that I will be available on Friday. I'm going to ask that people with split orders wait until Saturday to pick up. I will need some time to weigh up the grain for the splits.

I can't give specific times right now because I don't know at what time the delivery is coming. Just keep an eye on this thread and I'll post when people can start coming.

I just received a call from Mid Country headquarters (out of NY I believe). Delivery will be on Tuesday. The pallets were picked up by the trucking company yesterday but they are running a skeleton crew today. Our pallets didn't even make it on to the truck. I guess we're low priority. We'll do this on Tuesday.

Grain has arrived.

ForumRunner_20111230_124020.jpg

ForumRunner_20111230_124119.jpg

We will be here until around 7 tonight. Come on by if you can make it out today. Tomorrow Bmason will be here from 9am-1pm for pick up.

Would someone please PM the link to the quote or the pickup address. I'm planning on picking up tomorrow a.m.

Never mind, just saw this

Thanks gentlemen for coordinating...

It has been a pleasure, nice to make the acquaintance..

I'm weighing out now for a 10gal run of ZDust clone tomorrow.

Cheers and have a great new year!

I had no idea how much volunteer time and effort was put into this until I saw for myself. I'm impressed and very grateful. The best thing I could do to show it was grab my grain and get out of the way.

Thanks!

Back